User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

AppleNova Minecraft Server

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Minecraft Server
Page 21 of 49 First Previous 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-16, 21:18

Yeah, darn spiders! But if you build up and out the spiders don't move out to go up and in. They hit the "roof" and stop.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-01-17, 00:04

Interesting. Your collective AppleNovaLand language is morphing into something harder and harder for the rest of us to follow.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-01-17, 00:32

Maybe the captain should be a visiting anthropologist.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-01-17, 00:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Maybe the captain should be a visiting anthropologist.
He will, just as soon as he owns a new computer!
I honestly don't have the concentration to spend that much time building a place in the computer world, so I might just wander around looking at everything. By the time I get the new machine you'll all have evolved the place into a cushy spot. Just work on converting some creepers into wenches and setting up a go-go hall near the bar

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-01-17, 00:51

Cake, anyone?

Or dance parties?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-01-17, 02:12

Brad,

Could I put in a small request? A view (preferably top down) of the sky ranch area. It doesn't have to be fresh-fresh, the last time you pulled down the map should be ok. I am trying to figure out the layout for the other mob traps, and while I have surveyed the land multiple times, it'd be nice to have a map to go with it...

Thanks!

¡Damned!

2011-01-17, 11:41

I've created a block of each color of dyed wool for in-game reference and was looking around central Bridgeport for a good place to put them. I need a strip of 3x17 blocks long and it looks like the only place it would fit would be on the hill behind Bridgeport Heights.

Brad, mind if I put the spectrum-strip over there? I promise I won't make it look too out of place.

[edit]: Scratch that. I'm going to put it in between the redstone testing grounds and the wheat/cane farm. I think it makes better sense there.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2011-01-17 at 12:15.

¡Damned!

2011-01-17, 14:42

Server crash again?

Side note: I really hate how you have to be authenticated by minecraft.net first. They've been buggy lately too.

faramirtook
A for effort.

2011-01-17, 15:04

I don't play minecraft, but this thread has made me try and learn a little about it. So I was perusing the Wikipedia article, and it cited this video, where a guy shows off a working computer he's building in Minecraft.

so meta.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...r-in-Minecraft

Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-17, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Server crash again?
Yup. I just restarted. And this is just running the server plain with no mods. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Side note: I really hate how you have to be authenticated by minecraft.net first. They've been buggy lately too.
Technically, I can switch off authentication, but that opens the risk of people connecting with spoofed usernames.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

¡Damned!

2011-01-17, 16:04

Looks like linode is having trouble today too. Couldn't even get to linode.com for a bit there.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-01-17, 16:22

So this latest beta isn't very stable?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-17, 20:14

I'm so excited! I managed to get a spawner!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-17, 21:28

Someone's not using my latest texture pack!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-17, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Someone's not using my latest texture pack!
Yeah, I'm having to work to get time in with my class load and it's not been easy. I did forget to upgrade the texture pack. I'll remedy that later this evening since I doing have to be up in the morning...but I still have one chapter with Key Terms and Quiz to do.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-01-17, 22:28

server full?!?! gosh blam it i was just on.

also, what's going on at mushroom crater? the proprietor would like to know. particularly since i caught a snippet of conversation that was all too close to suggesting misappropriation of items from *someone not involved*'s stock....

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-17, 22:31

Sorry, I must have jumped in your grave. I just got off so I could update some stuff. I'm sure you can me in there by now. I'll try again later. I should be reading my studies right now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-01-17, 23:17

I just left so you should be able to get back in.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-18, 00:37

I'm trying now but can't get logged into minecraft.net!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-18, 00:44

Update on the hardware situation: it looks like we've got enough cash in the Amazon account to cover some upgrades. alcimedes and I are figuring out how to transfer the funds, and soon I'll set up an upgrade/migration request at Linode for the server itself.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-01-18, 16:10

Looks like Notch & Co. thought of the same idea - they're moving minecraft.net to a big Amazon server to (hopefully) solve the authentication/server load issues on their end. We'll see.

Bonn89

2011-01-18, 18:43

Oh my god. I just though of the best creative project ever. I need to try it out in single player first, but it's going to be soooo amazing. But for now, it's a secret!

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-18, 19:18

I have a couple of music projects in mind, one of which can be adapted with Parapa, but there's too many other things to do first. Not worrying about it for now.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-01-18, 19:44

Thanks for the update Brad!

Minecraft.net just let me on.

Bonn89

2011-01-18, 20:36

Once I'm able to get my hands on roughly 15 stacks (960 blocks!) of green wool, you guys can except this to pop up on the server:

Yeah, that's right. I build a giant Creeper.

The plan is for it to be a sort of "shrine to the creeper god", to appease the creepers and protect the land. When it's all done I want him to be standing on a hill of cobblestone that's also covered in 3x3 "TNT" blocks (made using red and white wool, not real TNT).

Beside him you can see my other two "mini creeper" statues, one of which is made entirely of mossy cobble (which doesn't look as good as I hoped it would :P)

Now, I just need to find a place to put it..

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-18, 21:06

LOL! I had the thought to do that, too I think I still will do it at some point.

Bonn89

2011-01-18, 21:09

You could always work on a giant Skeleton, Zombie, or Spider to join it.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-18, 21:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGx8oS-obaU

Get crackin', guys. I expect at least a Hylian symphony from RowdyScot.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-18, 22:00

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjQVHsshx_o

Downloading now. I'll totally torch the AN server world in favor of this!

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-18, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGx8oS-obaU

Get crackin', guys. I expect at least a Hylian symphony from RowdyScot.
I'm actually thinking of putting a note block field next to Parapa activated by a stone switch stepped on while entering...Yes, it would play the Zelda 2 Palace theme. Gonna work on a test room for it down in my mine.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards