User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

AppleNova Minecraft Server

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Minecraft Server
Page 28 of 49 First Previous 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32  Next Last Thread Tools
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-02-02, 13:27

Re: Alpha code - Keep an eye on the Minecraft facebook page, Notch's blog, and Notch's Twitter. He gives them out every so often.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-02-02, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
The communal material exchange is a great idea as I know I'll have plenty of dirt to give up to the skyranch once I'm done clearing/leveling for the hockey arena and my strip mining operation.
Same. I have about 2000 cobble and 1000 dirt to unload.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-02-02, 14:29

ok... I might go ahead and build a basement if no one else has already...

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-02-02, 15:33

Bobsky, We may even want to have it as rooms of chests for each material type.

Could do a room of chests for each of Cobblestone, Dirt, Gravel, Sand, Wood, and maybe a room each for Tools, Equipment (weapons/armor), Fabric and Dye, Food, Rarities (ingots/gems/blocks of iron/gold/lapis lazuli/diamond/redstone), and then a Miscellaneous. It'd be rather big, but it would hold everything.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-02-02, 19:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Also, use the elevator at your own risk. It can kill you very quickly if you do it wrong.
Yeah, I screwed something up. Also the boat thing disappeared but I didn't have any wood to replace it. Sorry!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-02, 19:48

To whoever harvested my farm while I was away: please note that crops don't replant themselves. So, I'm now short 118 wheat and ~190 seeds, unless you stashed them somewhere I didn't notice.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-02-02, 22:37

I'm pretty sure it wasn't my wife but I'll ask her. She doesn't leave our trap area much so I'm pretty sure it wasn't her. We do owe the community farm seeds though since that's what got us started.

I've added Notch to my Facebook and Twitter follows too. Maybe I'll be able to get one of those free ones, or even cheap for that matter.

Brad, any chance for a map update? Maybe even do a link that stays constant though you change the file so we can see the updated map through that link either way then dated ones in case we feel nostalgic. That could be cool.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-02-02, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
To whoever harvested my farm while I was away: please note that crops don't replant themselves. So, I'm now short 118 wheat and ~190 seeds, unless you stashed them somewhere I didn't notice.
I confess, it was me... I wanted to see the water genius in action.

Unfortunately, I neither actually harvested the wheat nor the seeds, most of the wheat was quite short when i let the water out and didn't produce any notable products (that I could see at least). I also didn't realize that the fields needed to be replanted, else I wouldn't have released the water to begin with given the growth of the wheat.

Many many apologies...

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-02-03, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Bobsky, We may even want to have it as rooms of chests for each material type.

Could do a room of chests for each of Cobblestone, Dirt, Gravel, Sand, Wood, and maybe a room each for Tools, Equipment (weapons/armor), Fabric and Dye, Food, Rarities (ingots/gems/blocks of iron/gold/lapis lazuli/diamond/redstone), and then a Miscellaneous. It'd be rather big, but it would hold everything.
Just in luck. When the basement I added tonight is complete, an additional 10 rooms will be available on top of the 2 above.

So an additional 50 or so chests worth of space (at least)... In the basement, chests can be neatly placed in the ground to almost double capacity.

What is somewhat ironic is that in the same space as 1.5 rooms in my own storage area, I have 45 chests. Ah well, ceiling chests are like ceiling cat, you may know they're there but you never to bother to check before you start to...

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-02-03, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Just in luck. When the basement I added tonight is complete, an additional 10 rooms will be available on top of the 2 above.

So an additional 50 or so chests worth of space (at least)... In the basement, chests can be neatly placed in the ground to almost double capacity.

What is somewhat ironic is that in the same space as 1.5 rooms in my own storage area, I have 45 chests. Ah well, ceiling chests are like ceiling cat, you may know they're there but you never to bother to check before you start to...
Sounds like that should do the trick!

I managed to find a program for composing songs that even shows ways to build the song, add looping, etc, and the materials needed, but it is Windows only. Was working on that most of the day to get an efficient build for the Palace's theme.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

arteggio

2011-02-03, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, any chance for a map update?
With a night version?

Also, any ETA on when the ceremonial opening match at the Arena might occur?

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-02-03, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
With a night version?

Also, any ETA on when the ceremonial opening match at the Arena might occur?
When I have time

But perhaps tomorrow afternoon.

arteggio

2011-02-03, 11:33

Wonderful.

Also, Bryson had the time to stop by my castle and pick up some clay.

But if I understood him correctly, he deposited some at the communal market near the spawn.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-03, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, any chance for a map update?
The map is too big to post those cool isometric versions, but I could post sections as requested like that. I'll post another full map in the straight top-down perspective tomorrow night. Might make that a weekly occurance.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-02-03, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'll post another full map in the straight top-down perspective tomorrow night. Might make that a weekly occurance.
That would be awesome. I find them very useful

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-02-03, 15:32

You could assemble smaller snaps into large photomosaic and sell posters on Zazzle.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-02-04, 03:47

The community exchange is set and ready to go -- most resource rooms are in the basement. Check it out if you have a chance....

¡Damned!

2011-02-05, 03:40

First pass on the new tree farm: 32x64 logs. Not entirely shabby. I may have jumped the gun a little on the upper levels, but whatever. Everything for now is getting turned into charcoal for making smooth stone and glass.

The farm itself - as everyone on MC has heard me gush about already - is probably my favorite of anything I've build thus far. So simple, really, but I love the way it turned out.

The UFO, however, is fucking big. I didn't fully comprehend the size of this thing when I started it.

So it goes.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-02-05, 07:24

That really is one awesome tree farm too. Really, it's not a tree farm it's some serious design. Everyone really should check it out when they get the chance.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-05, 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
The farm itself - as everyone on MC has heard me gush about already - is probably my favorite of anything I've build thus far. So simple, really, but I love the way it turned out.
Is this your tree farm by flaming mountain, or another?

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-02-05, 12:17

oh it's 'by' flaming mountain... but is larger than flm mtn...

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-05, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
oh it's 'by' flaming mountain... but is larger than flm mtn...
I've seen the one that's in the path of the skyway - that one's been there for nearly as long as the flaming mountain compound. Is this another one nearby? Underground? Aboveground?

edit: OH! Scratch that. I just downloaded the world to create an updated map, and I think I see another UFO that might be it...

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-02-05, 13:15

WHo's that WAAAAYYYY out there to the north?

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-02-05, 14:49

That's mine. Gonna login today and head back up there, in fact.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-02-06, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post

Anyone interested in playing around with the skyscraper I made? It's pretty bare and I don't care to do anything with it, so I thought about auctioning it off with a beginning bid of $0, or donating it to charity. Or setting the wood floors on fire and gutting most of it...
My wife and I could take over possession of it. We are already using most of the land around it anyway.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-02-06, 17:11

I couldn't log in last night.

I'd been having trouble staying logged in for more than an hour all day yesterday, and then around 10 last night it wouldn't let me log in at all.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-02-06, 21:11

Did someone get creeperfied up by my strip mining operation north if my base? Some definite craters that weren't there yesterday. Maybe my creepers are self kabooming.

Just as a preference if you do visit and need wood please chop down the normal trees and spare the pine trees, seems one was 1/2 cut down too.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-02-08, 11:42

I think we should have Giant Creepers.

Yes, their explosive force is scaled up to match. One of these puppies could have made mushroom crater single-handedly.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-02-08, 15:48

No. I like my buildings, thank you very much.

¡Damned!

2011-02-08, 20:04

Server crash?