MC: Neighbors and Whitelist Chit-Chat

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Neighbors and Whitelist Chit-Chat
Page 1 of 7 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-11-15, 19:15

If 709 is chatty, he's probably had a bit to drink -- push him off a cliff and just laugh and laugh.
¡Damned!

2011-11-15, 19:24

I'm just excited!

And had a bit to drink, sure. Doesn't mean I'm not doing the Lord's work.

*runs to desert biome*

No cliffs here! HAHAHA

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-22, 00:03

Please be sure to pass this on to those who you have invited to our server:

Someone took my chest and it's contents. I'm not very pleased by this to say the least. If there is a chest somewhere and you didn't put it there, leave it alone.

I did put a sign where it was and recommend all read it. You can see the sign from the map, it's near spawn.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-11-22, 00:08

Also, please be sure to ask before setting anything up near someone else's home. I think that was resolved, but I found someone had set up farmland on my island, as well as a chest, workbench, etc.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-22, 00:28

LOL - Rowdy, that was Dellphi who put up a chest & workbench on your land. He said that he was nearly dead and that he wanted to save his stuff before he died. He didn't tell me that he'd attempted to grow food. I'm on Skype with Dellphi every other time we're playing, so I'm schooling him on how to build things and the rules of the road... but he's familiar with MMPGRGORGOS (or whatever this is) so he's a quick study.

Reminds me: I owe Elysium one block of coal from his island cave, where I took it on the very first evening, to cook a cow, as I was starving.

Turtle, nobody should be so ignorant as to think a CHEST is up for grabs.

One thing to newbies:
If you're near somebody's house, and you hear a CREEPER start hissing, run AWAY from the house so you don't blow up our place.

Just a tip.

YOU are expendable.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-11-22, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Please be sure to pass this on to those who you have invited to our server:

Someone took my chest and it's contents. I'm not very pleased by this to say the least. If there is a chest somewhere and you didn't put it there, leave it alone.

I did put a sign where it was and recommend all read it. You can see the sign from the map, it's near spawn.
Ah! That was me! You are going to think this is really dumb, but I thought it was some sort of open dungeon. I shall replace the contents the next time I log on
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-23, 11:18

Thank you for replacing my stuff. I do appreciate it.

That chest was all my goods that I earned without Admin Magic.

I shall not ban you....though I might give you some chickens (or something else) when you least expect it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-11-23, 20:20

If you see a bunch of pine trees with a bunch of candles in their tops, please don't cut down.

Maybe as a side note, if you need to cut down a pine tree, then focus on the little ones. We can't grow back the tall spindly ones (actual pines, versus the ubiquitous spruce/fir).

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
¡Damned!

2011-11-23, 22:23

Did someone cut down the pine trees next to your house, E?

I have a feeling some of these new people aren't reading the "good neighbor" thread. It should me mandatory before whitelisting imo.

That said, if I find that my pines are gone across the bay I won't be nearly as gracious.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-24, 02:00

I've just split the most recent posts into a new thread, locked the old one, and updated/formatted 709's opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Can't you set an announcement at login? You know, "please go to the forum and read the Good Neighbor thread"....
Good call. In fact, I'll one-up that. Everyone who hasn't posted in this thread will be going back into "guest" mode shortly. No exceptions! Anyone who wants to join must read this thread and post here (I'll delete the extraneous posts later) to show that they understand and will follow these guidelines. I'll grant whitelist access and permissions back once I see the posts. You are expected to continue to follow the guidelines set in this thread, and misconduct will get your privileges revoked.

Current list of members with permissions includes:

__gargoyle__
arteggio
blichte1
boxofjason
bradsmith
bryson430
captain_drew
dellphi
elysium25
fireflygirl1
gerlocian
greychristian
invaderjak
johnnythea
kraetos
little_stuff
mrs_turtle
rowdyscot
sachmo1337
specmode
stevuh
stretchmonkey
turtle2472
werejack

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-24, 02:07

Sweet! Good plan. It forces the new want to be members of the server forced to show their presence here at AN and know they've had the opportunity to read the thread. I like it.

fireflygirl1

2012-01-25, 22:06

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. -Lou Holtz
sachmo1337

2012-01-26, 00:59

So turtle told me I posted on the wrong thread. So here it is me asking to be rewhite listed. Please =)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-01-26, 08:41

Permissions updated!
Etnie

2012-02-14, 02:14

Oi new member here. I am actually here due to a friend talking about this server and I have been looking for a good vanilla server. I have read all the rules and would love to be whitelisted.
¡Damned!

2012-02-14, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etnie View Post
Oi new member here. I am actually here due to a friend talking about this server and I have been looking for a good vanilla server. I have read all the rules and would love to be whitelisted.
Who's your friend?
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-02-15, 10:30

If you're friend can vouch for you, you'll have a much easier time getting whitelisted...

That said, I have told people about this server but I wouldn't know who Etnie is if it was one of them...
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-02-15, 12:14

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Who's your friend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
If you're friend can vouch for you, you'll have a much easier time getting whitelisted...

That said, I have told people about this server but I wouldn't know who Etnie is if it was one of them...
Maybe we should spell out the policy for introducing yourself in the first post:

1) Introduce yourself, some background helps.
2) If not previously an AN member, then state who invited you (AN members with strong community standing only please) to join.
3) Then that AN member must vouch for you in this thread before you can be whitelisted.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-15, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Maybe we should spell out the policy for introducing yourself in the first post:

1) Introduce yourself, some background helps.
2) If not previously an AN member, then state who invited you (AN members with strong community standing only please) to join.
3) Then that AN member must vouch for you in this thread before you can be whitelisted.
I love it! Done.
Etnie

2012-02-16, 23:26

ah this is all very true and I was hoping to get in contact with the member who referred me but I seemed to have lost his phone number.

But I'm a co-worker of his and i know his real name yet don't recall him ever telling me his forum name. My real name is Daniel and I live in central Alabama. hopefully said member will see this post and recognize me...

(sorry about such a vague first post, I was in a bit of a rush and was hoping to see if i could at least check the server out before I had to leave >.<)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-17, 00:31

What's his name? I think all of us have exposed our real names in-game at some point.
sachmo1337

2012-02-17, 22:18

it's me I work with him. he's legit. I've been working a ton. once I have a full day off I'll jump back on.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-23, 21:12

So sorry I've let this slip for so long. Long nights and weekends at work have kept me away from MC for the past few weeks.

If sachmo vouches for Etnie, so be it! What's your MC screen name, Etnie? I'll update the whitelist, assuming you're still lurking somewhere…

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Etnie

2012-02-24, 01:15

username is Etnie as well. Made things simple for ya >.<
hopefully I can get to building quickly. I hope to get some pretty large structures up with my time on the server.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-24, 10:47

Noted. I'll update the whitelist and permissions when I get home later tonight!
¡Damned!

2012-02-24, 11:04

Quote:
hopefully I can get to building quickly. I hope to get some pretty large structures up with my time on the server.
It probably doesn't matter so much for the current world, but when the new world drops be sure to mark out a land claim and get it approved before building anything (especially large structures).

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-24, 21:57

Whitelist updated!
¡Damned!

2012-02-24, 22:00

Friend of a friend of a friend.... we'll see how this goes.

Don't make me hate you Etnie.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-02-24, 22:20

But don't worry, there's no Home Owner's Association on our server.
¡Damned!

2012-02-24, 22:24

No, just a Downtown Development Board.