User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Anyone for Booq bags?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Anyone for Booq bags?
davidfalling

2006-03-03, 02:13

I recently ordered my first mac (MBP) and it is due to arrive in about 29 days. (unfortunately long wait! )
BUT.. i am looking at the Booq Python XM. Does anyone have one or know anything about booq and their products. They look really nice! But how about quality?
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2006-03-03, 03:28

I've got a Mamba for my iBook that was given to me and it's really great, like I said over in this thread.
I ordered a Boa.XM[system] for my MacBook Pro one month ago and it's backordered, but I think it'll be worth the wait given the quality of the Mamba.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2006-03-03, 05:12

The Booq stuff is good quality, although pricey.
dfj225

2006-03-03, 09:57

I had a booq powersleve 12" for my iBook and I really liked it. It was a very high quality product. I just got my MBP so I ordered the powersleve to fit that (http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=539).

Personally, the sleves that booq offers fit my needs perfectly -- that is to be able to fit it inside another bag. However, they do come with straps so you can use the sleve to transport your laptop without an additional bag.

While I can't attest to it personally, I would imagine that all of their products are of high quality.
Grip

2006-03-03, 11:02

I have booq bags for my 12" PB and 17"PB and love them. I also have a booq iPod case. I find their stuff to be very well made. Tight clasps, smooth zippers, good materials, etc. But yes, they are kinda spendy.
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-03-03, 18:57

they use very good quality materials... i have the 15" vertical sleeve

i like it... it's better than the predecessors... plenty of room for extras like mouse and powerbrick...... protects the corners well if it is dropped..... the hardware used is top notch.
flail

2006-03-04, 04:12

I have a Booq PowerSleeve 12' for my PB, works great. I got it a couple months ago. Little pocket fits my iPod or the AC plug. Protects well, good padding and ripstop nylon. At first I didn't know about the vertical opening, but now I like
it a lot.

The clip is plastic but the D-rings (for the included shoulder strap) are metal. Very quality product, I don't know what I'd do without it.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2006-03-04, 23:38

Also see Brenthaven (I don't care for these all too much) and Incase (site seems to be fragmented ATM)
OmegaB

2006-03-04, 23:56

I have the Booq system which I think is great. I had no hesitations in buying it again when my bag was stolen (sans PB), and found that the system had since been further improved.

When talking to boog (Thor Thorstenberg (sp??!!??) from memory), I found them to be nothing less than pleasant and responsive to my needs.