Veteran Member

Location: Detroit City is the place to be...maddog town gonna set you free
Send a message via AIM to Stone Of Love  
2007-03-16, 17:30

The players:

PB 12" 1.5ghz 10.3.9
Original white Airport base station

The situation:

Checked out software update today, it showed me three things to update. The latest iTunes update that I've been putting off, the latest update to Quicktime 7.1.5 and the latest Security update. Communication between the base station and the laptop were fine, and the download of the above updates took place while on that connection.

Restarted when the updates where done, and then did a permission repair. Went to get back on the internet, and find that I am not connected to my base station. Check things out and find that I am not seeing the base station at all. Restarted the base station by unplugging it, still nothing. Restarted and zapped the pram on the PB, still nothing. Got on my wifes computer and found the soft and hard reset directions for the base station over at the Apple site. Tried the soft reset, no luck. Went to the hard reset. I then followed the instructions for reloading software to the base station. At least 5 times it failed to load. Saying that an error occurred while loading. It did not specify what the error was.

(can you sense my level of frustration?)

After a search here without any luck, I tried one more time to load the software. And this time it worked. I have no idea what the difference was this time. As far as I can tell there wasn't any. I didn't not close and restart the Admin Utility each time. It stayed open the whole time.

I am now back on the PB via my base station. With past security updates I have had to restart the base station and the PB to get them to talk to each other again, but I have never been unable to see the base station like this time.

Anybody else ever experienced something like this? And why do the security updates mess with airport base stations?

FWIW today.....

Different Strokes, for Different Folks.
And So On and So On, and Skoobie Doobie Doobie.