Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Does your love, love Macs?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Does your love, love Macs?
Satchmo
can't read sarcasm.

2010-05-05, 15:12

Wasn't sure if this was AppleOutsider stuff or Third party, but nonetheless...

A startup is building a dating service for Mac fan-boys and girls.
It's called...Cupidino

Not that opposites don't attract, but it's always nice if your partner was on side. My ex-gf certainly wasn't.
So is your significant other a Mac fan?
nikstar101
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikstar101  
2010-05-05, 15:34

My girlfriend isn't a Mac fan.... Although i a starting to get her into the Mac world via Pixar (saying they are/were owned by the same guy and you like the films) and the iPhone

She says they are too complicated??

Not sure this idea will work though.....
zippy
Veteran Member

2010-05-05, 15:51

My wife tends to not really care enough to formulate an opinion on tech in general. For instance, our old 27" tube television is fine for her tastes.

But when I wanted to buy my first iPod, she decided to get one too, and loved it. Then we got our iMac, and it was hard for her to not notice and appreciate the stability, and ease of using it. By this point, she was a lot more eager for an iPhone that she otherwise would have been, so that was an easy sell. Same with the iPad - she was on board for a pre-order from the day they announced it.

Looking forward, she's all for upgrading to the new iPhones in whatever way we can (no AT&T in MT yet, so we've had to go the jailbreak/unlock route).

So yeah, she's an Apple fan now.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2010-05-05, 15:53

Nope, but I don't mind. It only makes things awkward when I want to share stuff that's made in something like Scrivener that lacks a PC version and I need to export first before I can share, but it's not a huge "OMG YOU DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE CULT OF JOBS SO I CANNOT SHARE MY BED WITH YOU" kind of deal.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2010-05-05, 17:52

I'll be taking a summer class at the same time (and same place! she normally goes to school 2 hours away) as my girlfriend and for the 4 weeks I'm making her use my Macbook Pro to try and convert her (her PC is a POS). I've got my iMac and iPad, i'll be fine without it for a little while
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2010-05-05, 17:55

Neither of us is, and it's mostly a good thing, I guess. The only disadvantage is she's always using my computer. If she was a Mac user, she wouldn't touch my devil machine.

I guess if she were a Mac user she'd also have a MacBook Pro instead of a Sony Vaio, and it would probably be a much nicer laptop. Her Vaio has poor driver support and the plastic casing is pretty badly scratched up. The battery is dying too, but that's an issue with any laptop. At least the underlying hardware is fairly solid. But I can see why she prefers using my PC instead.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2010-05-05, 19:07

Not as much as I do. But that's what we have in the house since I do all of the computer support and I only know Macs.... I do use a PC at work, but I just call in the tech people when it is not working properly, which is often. Those guys are busy at our organization.

My wife and kids do quite like the Macs, but if I were a PC person they would probably be quite happy with that as well, not knowing the difference from a support point of view.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2010-05-05, 19:28

Matching MBPs, baby. She has the 13", I have the 15". In no way deliberate - it just worked out that way.
Hassan i Sabbah

2010-05-07, 05:48

My girlfriend has an eight-core Nahelam MONSTERBEAST with 16 gigs of RAM glowering under her table. Digital image manipulator pro. I've got a dying MacBook literally held together by masking tape.

gibberish
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-05-07, 06:54

I'm currently single, but my ex-wife is a Mac user (she has a MacBook and a 20" iMac). Two old girlfriends and a former FWB are all Mac users too. So that's four people I used call "honeybun" on the platform.

But I certainly would or wouldn't date (or pursue) someone because of what computer platform they used, and I don't think there's anything particularly special about women who use Macs...other than, of course, exquisite taste and, most likely, a higher-than-average creative bent. And sexy legs.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2010-05-07, 07:14

I'm with my wife since 2003 and I made the switch to Mac on 2006 (Only four years !?!? feels like forever...). At first, she was a little "ytf did you switch" but as the time passed, she got more comfortable with the platform. She's definitely a Mac user now. She struggle a little bit more with windows and I heard her a couple of times saying to a windows user "On a Mac, you can blablabla".

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2010-05-07, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I'm currently single, but my ex-wife is a Mac user (she has a MacBook and a 20" iMac). Two old girlfriends and a former FWB are all Mac users too. So that's four people I used call "honeybun" on the platform.

But I certainly would or wouldn't date (or pursue) someone because of what computer platform they used, and I don't think there's anything particularly special about women who use Macs...other than, of course, exquisite taste and, most likely, a higher-than-average creative bent. And sexy legs.

My wife switched about a year after we got married. She has a white MacBook (non-unibody) and a first-gen iPod touch. She uses the MB constantly, but she rarely uses the iPod, except when she's at work. I'm hoping to get myself an iPad in June or July, and I'll be interested to see if she tries to steal it from me after she sees how damn fun it is.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317