AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Let's talk Office Chairs

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Let's talk Office Chairs
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-01, 10:01

I have an office chair that I absolutely love. However it is now +15 years old and an internal spring finally broke (recline). I've replaced a number of bolts in this thing over the years that have sheared.

The chair is just awesome. I spend something close to 12 hours a day in this chair when I'm not standing at my desk. Thing is I didn't pay $580 for it when I got it. I paid closer to $50 new in box! I worked at Office Depot at the time and it was clearance because they changed the box.

Anyway, while I could just jump on getting another version of the chair I love, I figured I'd check here to see if anyone else has a chair they love that I should consider.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-06-09, 08:13

At the start of COVID lockdowns we got budget for partial re-imbursement of some home office furniture. I bought a really large secret-lab chair. It's nice to have room to move around and a flat firm seat pan that supports the thighs without pinching the back of your knees. Might not be best for shorter people, but I find it's great compared to a lot of office chairs that sort of lock you into one seating position, especially if you're taller...

Last edited by Matsu : 2022-06-09 at 10:26.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-09, 09:33

I really miss being able to recline normally in this chair right now. At least it is able to lock upright, but reclining with the spring tension gone sucks.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-06-09, 11:03

I once had the back spring on a chair break in spectacular fashion. It was on an obusform knee-tilter I bought second hand. I was fine for a few years, but eventually I could feel the back getting looser and looser over time so I kept tightening the spring tensioner to keep the thing in check. One day I leaned back as one often does to stretch the arms and back, and... SNAP. I went straight back and my legs nearly annihilated the small desk and knocked a monitor off it's stand. Thank goodness we were not yet in the era of daily teams meetings...