User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories
Page 184 of 221 First Previous 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-26, 09:41

The top of that is boring and repetitive...

The bottom is downright comical though! I'm not a fan of the NRA.

What happens when good people carry near those who intend harm? Those who intend harm get stopped.
Quote:
Investigators said Butler was warned about speeding in the area with children present before he left. He later returned with an AR-15-style firearm and began firing into the crowd before he was shot and killed.

“Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” Charleston Police Department Chief of Detectives Tony Hazelett said.
So the other side of the coin is that good people should be armed. Oh, and the bad guy in this story must have been a Storm Trooper.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2022-05-26, 10:31

That really only works when "the good guys with guns" aren't cowards.
¡Damned!

2022-05-26, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
The top of that is boring and repetitive...
Exactly.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-26, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
That really only works when "the good guys with guns" aren't cowards.
No shit! I am pretty outraged by their lack of engaging in that event as these details are coming out. I don't know how much to believe isn't "knee jerk" reporting yet*, but if those cops literally stood by waiting they need to all be held accountable. I would have entered the building myself if I were on scene and I'm not a LEO.

* There seems to be a bunch of stuff given the raw nature of the event so some reports are still getting accuracy in their details.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-26, 11:52

That was the case in that Parkland(?) shooting, right? That one security guard who stayed put?

I understand not wanting to get shot and killed. But when you sign up for certain jobs - law enforcement, military, school/bank security, rapper with Death Row Records, etc. - it's kinda part of the deal.

Snark aside, if you sign on to protect innocent children as a school security officer - and you've got a gun at your side - then you do something. Draw the shooter's attention, at the very least. Make it to where they're not shooting fourth-graders in the head, at will, consequence-free.

I don't know...pull alarms, break windows, make yourself a distraction/target. Chances are the idiot in this type of scenario (a warped teen, amped up on adrenaline and whatever else) isn't going to be any sort of shot at a distance. You've probably got a decent chance of pulling him away as he blindly fires at you.

Do your job - the one you signed up for - when it matters most. Otherwise you're just kinda taking up space and making the position meaningless. And your (lifelong) punishment will be realizing more people might've died because of your inaction. And I wouldn't wish that guilt/burden on anyone.

It takes a special kind of person to do such a job. Not everyone can, or should. I'm pretty sure I couldn't, so I don't apply for them. So if you know you're not fully committed/capable, then go be a butcher or sell cars or smartphones. Because, one day, you may have to set aside your safety, or life, to protect innocent, vulnerable people. That's the reason you've got the uniform on, and the gun in your holster. It's not there for show.

Sadly, that visual - and your mere presence - may not be enough to dissuade everyone. Obviously. Evil (and criminals) tends to not respect authority, laws/rules, expectations, social mores, etc. Shocking, I know...

I do think gun training with these guys should be ramped up. It seems these recent cunts are doing the body armor thing, so if I've got security guards working for me, I want them to be dead-eye shots from extensive target training (stationary and moving). And I want them highly-trained/accurate so they're not accidentally shooting kids and teachers. That's no good, and helps nobody. So no "once-a-year-at-the-range" bare minimum for qualifying/keeping your job, but an ongoing, serious undertaking so you're at best should the unthinkable happen on your watch.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-26 at 12:58.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-26, 14:40

**As Far Back As I Can Remember, I Always Wanted To Be a Gangster News**

Ray Liotta, 'Goodfellas' star, dead at 67

No cause given, died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic, where he was filming a movie.

When you're young(er), you love Goodfellas for Joe Pesci's Tommy (all the quotable lines, the craziest behavior, etc.). But as you get older, you realize what an amazing job Liotta did as Henry Hill. Not as aggressive and flashy as Pesci and De Niro's portrayals, but he more than held his own and makes the movie a repeat-watcher over the years.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-26, 19:36

Apparently I would have been arrested were I there.

Seems the parents who went to enter were arrested for doing so.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-05-27, 00:45

Based on what's been reported so far, every single member of the Uvalde PD needs to be—at minimum—fired.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-27, 14:26

**Explanations Needed/Demanded News**

Border Patrol Tactical Team Was Ordered to Hold Back Before Confronting the Gunman

Quote:
When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.
I suppose there were reasons. Were they sensible and valid? I don't know. Goodness knows I'm in no position to Monday-morning-quarterback the horrible situation, but something just seems really off/odd in all this. It seems like in every other situation of this type, some sort of law enforcement - regular cops, S.W.A.T., FBI, etc. - took steps to engage/stop the shooter and didn't just wait around outside for a solid hour.

What's different here? Something, legit or otherwise. Small town botching/mismanagement? Squabbling amongst various agencies about what to do/who calls the shots? I truly hope 19 little kids aren't dead because a bunch of "adults" were screwing around playing politics, arguing about who's in charge, marking their territory and otherwise not doing their job (the only one they had to do that day).
¡Damned!

2022-05-27, 18:02

Well, they didn't engage the shooter because "They could've been shot", obvs. They only cosplay rough and ready.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-05-27, 22:04

I am loathe to say much this soon after this horror.

Don't ask me to take part in roasting law enforcement because I don't want to hear that any of those officers take their own lives out of guilt. No more tragedy out of this, please.

Regarding "securing" schools:
If an organized cadre of armed law enforcement officers could not act effectively to stop the shooter, what chance would an armed guard stand?

And how many schools can afford to pay for security? They can't even pay teachers a living wage now.

If we do not address systemic issues in our culture AND the easy ability to obtain firearms, nothing changes.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-28, 09:47

**The Power of Christ Compels You! News**

Burnt-out Catholic exorcists complain they face long lines of 'possessed' people, and little support from bishops

Kinda hard to have - or take seriously the pleas to have - serious, "tough" conversations about mental health and illness with this silliness in play. Real life ain't a movie, people. You're mentally ill in some way (or suffer from terminal attention-whoredom...in 2022, the two often overlap). Seek proper help for that, not ooga-booga tactics.

As with UFOs, Bigfoot and all the other woo-woo horseshit choking the culture, I need to see some undeniable, hard true evidence of this. Naturally, none exists. Because anyone can shriek and writhe on the floor (who among us hasn't eaten Taco Bell after 11pm?).

Just means they've watched too many lousy movies.

Would be nice if demonic possession actually caused one to get up, wash their ass, get off social media and go get a job or something.

Sorry if the above offends anyone. The ever-rising sea of rampant, stage 4 stupidity and goofy-ass ginned-up bullcrap offends me, so...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-30, 12:01

**When Keepin' It Dumb Goes Wrong News**

‘Did She Say Peach Tree Dish?’: Marjorie Taylor Greene Roasted For Apparent Flub of ‘Petri Dish’ While Floating Cheeseburger Conspiracy Theory

Will someone teach - if possible - this ignorant twat what words mean…how they’re used, and how they’re spelled? Please? That phonetics and guesswork aren't always enough? Nobody on her staff thinks to check her Tweets or speeches beforehand, to let her know she's misusing a word/phrase and to show her the correct one? Or is she somehow considered the smartest one in the room/on the staff, and nobody thinks it's necessary? There's no way that's the case. 😂

I know she’s from Georgia - and no stranger to peaches, I'm sure - but come on…does she truly think that’s the word?

I mean, how many public verbal giraffes is this doof gonna make?

🦒😛

I don't know about you guys, but I love my gazpacho in a peach tree dish. Makes it taste way more gooder...and it helps filter out Bill Gates' microchips. Or something.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-31 at 09:25.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-02, 13:54

**This Isn't Funny Anymore News**

The Rolling Stones open 60th anniversary tour in Madrid

It'll take Mick or Keith dying (or retiring) for this silliness to end.

They've pushed on past Brian, Mick (the other one), Bill and Charlie. They're down to Mick (78), Keith (123...sorry, 78) and Ron Wood (75), who himself isn't an original member, having joined the band in 1976 after the departure of Mick Taylor (who replaced the dead-in-a-swimming-pool Brian Jones in 1969).

Those stage outfits. And Keith in that photo...good grief. There's no way he knows where he is. The man needs to be in a park somewhere, playing checkers. If I won tickets to go see them, I'd just sell them at face value (no scalping) and buy a new iPhone (13 mini?) and maybe try my luck with some AirPods, and then go enjoy a nice steak dinner somewhere. Far more meaningful of an impact on my life at this point than these dust-pooting mummies.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-02, 14:02

I never liked the Stones. Even less now that they're older than the stones they're standing on.

No and thanks!

But, I'd be happy to take the tickets and sell them to some 900-year-old Stones fan. I could buy something useful. Have a steak dinner with Paul, and joke about worn-out 60's bands that have exactly zero reason for continuing to exist.

And, I'm not sure those guys are smart enough to play checkers.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-02, 14:57

Heck, if I were given tickets I'd scalp them for as much as I could get and buy me something really nice.

I just can't imagine actually going to a show with them. Surely they can still play but why?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-02, 15:14

I’ve been a casual+ fan for most of my life, in that I know most of their songs, even the non-hits and album cuts. And every band I’ve ever been in since high school played their stuff, always to great response. Some really great songs throughout the 60’s and 70’s, and even some 80’s. No disputing that, and they’ve earned their legendary status on the back of ~20 years of solid work/output. I love those songs.

But they’re just an oldies nostalgia act, and have been for a long, long time. They certainly don’t write/record anything relevant or meaningful anymore.

I saw them in fall 1997 at Vanderbilt stadium in Nashville. Even then I was like “I’m glad I got to see ‘em, but I’d never do this again…crowd, expense, traffic, general hassle, etc. And I can’t wait to get back home…”.

Apparently I was an old man, mentally, even before I was an old man, chronologically, drew will delight in knowing.

Sometimes, past a certain point, it just all looks a bit silly and by-the-numbers. Even they know they have nothing to say or offer beyond Boomer/Gen X nostalgia (and an expensive night out). And the older I get, the more lame and cringe-y I find some of these acts. Bands whose music I enjoy and still listen to - Rolling Stones, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac - but they should’ve hung it up decades ago, quitting while they were ahead, before half their members quit or died, etc. And before the money-grabbing self-parody set in. The prices some of these acts are charging to hear them croak through their ancient hits…

Just my .02…

We can’t miss you if you never go away, boys.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-02, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
We can’t miss you if you never go away, boys.
I enjoy being in a situation where I won't miss them either way.

Their music/performance/big-mouths have never done it for me. I won't say there isn't a song or two that I can't sing along with, just that they've never been more than an annoyance to me. Like yellow jackets buzzing around during a picnic, I just ignore them.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-06-02, 18:33

In rock you either die young or live long enough to become your own tribute band.

With few exceptions. Maybe Brian May who at least has a life outside reliving his glory days.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-02, 19:00

Yeah, he's a scientist of some sort. Astronomy and space stuff?

I know the money's good and it's a guaranteed addition to one's fortune, doing these big lucrative tours. But are any of the Stones struggling, or needing to raise a little cash?

"I need a new roof on my flat, and some new tires - and a brake job - for my '78 Datsun...".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-02 at 19:34.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-06-02, 20:48

I've always identified as a Beatles fan.

I have attended two Stones shows.

I was amazed at how many Rolling Stones songs I actually know and can sing along to.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-02, 20:55

Tons of them out there. They have a huge catalog!

I’m a Beatle guy too, but I enjoy both.

Best thing about the Beatles? They went exactly as long as they should have.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-03, 07:42

**The Irony Is Strong With This One News**

'I will hit you:' Florida man, 77, punches friend, 84, over golf etiquette at The Villages, deputies say

That'll show him!

"I'm gonna teach you about etiquette even if I have to beat it into you!"

You see? This is what The Rolling Stones should be doing at this point...squabbling amongst themselves on a golf course somewhere, like the old fart-knockers they are.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-05, 07:40

**When You Can't Keep It In Your Pants News**

Man murdered after girlfriend used AirTag to investigate cheating

Quote:
A woman has been charged with murder for repeatedly running over a man in Indianapolis over claims of infidelity, apparently discovered by tracking his car using AirTag.

Andre Smith was hit multiple times by a car outside Tilly's Pub in Indianapolis on Friday, with emergency services discovering him under the vehicle. The 26-year-old was pronounced dead by medics on the scene, with the coroner's office determining the car was the cause of death.
Nice outside-the-box thinking here.

"At first we thought it might've been a heart attack, or possibly an allergic reaction to a bee sting; but then we noticed the car on top of him and we began to consider other possibilities...".

Good catch, Quincy.

I don't think I've heard/seen/read a single positive AirTag-related story since these things have been out. Not one "ma'am, we found your daughter and she's safe and unharmed...we're taking you to see her now" or "the impossibly-cute kitten, who enjoys wandering off into the nearby woods, was found by the family using Apple's AirTag tracking device", etc.

It's always stuff like the linked story above, or some sort of creepy co-worker/classmate/neighbor stalking type of scenario, where some bonehead is using them for purposes Apple will never include in their marketing.

"Can't get that smokin' piece-of-ass from trig class out of your head? Want to know where she spends her time when she's not on campus? AirTag...when you want to be sure you're masturbating at the right window."

"He's cheating on you? Again? AirTag...when you need to know where he's dipping that wick, so you can properly deal with the situation."

I know anything can be used for wrong, bad purposes. But the day this product was announced the first thing that popped into my head was "this is so going to be abused and misused like nothing else they've ever released...just watch".

I know they've got that feature that's supposed to notify someone that an unknown AirTag is traveling with them, but a) how many people are savvy enough to know how to even begin tracking it down or doing something about it, and b) sometimes it might just take a one-time use and by the time the person realizes they're being tracked, they're being run over by a car in the pub parking lot. Doesn't have to be some ongoing, months-long thing. You could pick one up at Best Buy after work and be stabbing your spouse in a Days Inn hallway by 9pm.

I bet you these silly things go the way of the iPod Hi-Fi within about 2-3 years.

"Find your own keys and luggage, people...we tried to help, but it's just not worth the hassle. Just way too many low-rent, impulsive and clue-starved shitheads out there putting us in the liability hot seat." - Apple

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-05 at 08:07.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-06-06, 05:32

Not to start any arguments, but AirTags may be Apple's gun violence analogue. Is the ratio of profit to misuse worth it for the company?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-06, 06:53

That’s what I’m saying. I realize the normal, sane usage exists (just like guns), but that doesn’t make news. It isn’t supposed to; normal stuff never does.

But you know there will be a situation, if not already, where someone’s going to go after Apple’s really deep pockets on some sort of crazy, ginned-up “liability” angle.

Of course Apple didn’t make a person misuse the product…but since when does such a thing matter in this everyone’s-a-victim-of-something, sue-happy culture? Somebody - other than the actual perp/evildoer - is always "responsible", it seems. And the bigger, richer of a company they are, the bigger target from all the ambulance-chasing billboard lawyers out there.

I’d even bet Apple’s legal department has sent emails/memos to Tim saying “we believe this product may prove to be more trouble and aggravation than it’s truly worth, on multiple fronts. Be aware that it could cost us gazillions, going forward. Just our .02, and you can't say you weren't made aware."

It would be funny if, once the store comes back online today after the keynote, AirTags are gone. A silent, low-key removal.

Or, better yet, a full, honest explanation: “We’re done with AirTags…we didn’t create this product so an unhinged sliver of the population can use it for evil, criminal ends. We’re just not going to be part of that idiocy, as of today. Figure out a different way to stalk others or bust your cheating partner. The rest of you, just start being more careful/aware of where you put your keys, backpacks and skateboards. We apologize you have to suffer for the actions/behavior of others...it's not supposed to be like this. Just know this: some of you demented assholes are why we can’t have nice things."

I would love to see that on an Apple webpage.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-06 at 08:22.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2022-06-09, 20:12

Well the movie of Jan 6 shouldn't cost much to make. All the most expensive scenes are already in the can!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-10, 07:25

**And You Think Your Job Sucks News**

French media say that when traveling abroad, Putin is followed by attendant who collects his excreta

Stay in school, kids.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-10, 08:06

**Damn Right It's Florida! News**

Florida Wife Scrolled Dating App After Fatally Stabbing Hubby, Prosecutors Allege

Holy smokes, this story has everything! Infidelity, tech, insanity, violence, lying, Florida, legal dipshittery, incest(?), erectile dysfunction, dating apps, wealth, abuse, addiction, etc.

In a nutshell, a Florida woman - who married her stepfather and had two kids with him - wound up stabbing him to death and claiming self defense after years of abuse fueled by his testosterone supplement usage (in which she stayed, came back, etc. several times). The victim/husband's name is Michael and the wife/defendant is Danielle.

Those are the broad strokes. Check out some of the loopy details, knowing the above...

Quote:
...jurors at Danielle Redlick’s trial have been asked to decide: Was the stabbing of Michael Redlick— a former NBA executive turned university employee—an act of murder or self defense?

Lawyers gave their opening statements in the case Thursday morning in Orlando, where the trial is set to play out with a national audience.

While disagreeing on the cause of Michael’s stabbing—Danielle has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense—both Wiggins and Assistant Public Defender Catherine Conlon admit the Redlicks’ marriage was a unique one.

That’s because Michael, who is 20 years older than Danielle, was once her stepfather.

Michael dated Danielle’s mother, Kathleen Aquino, for three years and married her, Conlon said, before she died of breast cancer just three months after saying “I do.”
That would usually be enough for any of these crazy stories I often share. But, noooooo...we're just getting started.

After a bit of courtship/marriage/two babies...

Quote:
But those days of fun quickly turned sour after the two wedded. Conlon claimed the relationship became authoritative and abusive, deteriorating further after the couple had two babies together.

Michael drank heavily and was particularly aggressive in his later years from testosterone supplements, which he used to aid erectile dysfunction, Conlon said.

This alleged aggression prompted Danielle to file for divorce in 2018, but a judge rejected her request because Michael was not properly served with divorce papers, court records said. Then 44, she stayed with her husband despite “repeated” attacks, Conlon said.

He never should be doing this, we can all agree. But when you go back to/stay with someone after "repeated attacks", at some point you start to shoulder a bit of the load yourself. None of this was new, or a surprise, to her at this point.

So they get into a(nother) fight, at which point Danielle grabs a knife and stabs Michael in the shoulder.

Quote:
“He pushes her down,” Conlon explained. “She goes to her knees. He pulls her up by the hair. He shoves her to the kitchen island. He chokes. He smothers her. She reaches into a drawer; she grabs a knife; she stabs him one time; he is stunned; he releases her; and she runs to the bathroom.”

But prosecutors don’t buy that story—largely because it wasn’t the original explanation given by Danielle. Instead, she originally told a 911 operator she believed her husband had a heart attack. She then claimed that Michael stabbed himself with a knife and bled out while she took cover in a bathroom the entire night.

Conlon says her client now admits she stabbed her husband, but didn’t realize until the next morning that she killed him.
Oh, it gets sillier...

Quote:
But prosecutors don’t buy that story—largely because it wasn’t the original explanation given by Danielle. Instead, she originally told a 911 operator she believed her husband had a heart attack. She then claimed that Michael stabbed himself with a knife and bled out while she took cover in a bathroom the entire night.
Which is it, lady? Did he have a heart attack (brought upon by a knife entering his body, I presume) or stab himself to death with a knife (and you tried to clean up the mess afterwards, being a good wife/homemaker and all)?

"All this blood just doesn't go with the ship-lap and open floorplan...". You typically don't accidentally, unknowingly do something horrible...and then try to hide/cover it up. It's usually one or the other.

Quote:
Wiggins said Thursday, however, that it would be impossible for Danielle to be unaware of her husband’s death for 11 hours. He claims that phone activity shows she erased messages she’d exchanged with Michael, and also used her phone to browse a dating app for a future suitor hours before she called police to the home.

“She put herself down in December… that she was looking for a long-term relationship,” Wiggins said. “This is the dating website that that defendant opens while her husband is laid out, dead, on the floor.”

After she killed her husband, which she claims she didn't know she'd done, she hangs out in the bathroom for 11 hours, searching for some new dick via a dating app on her phone.

Priorities.

"I'm looking for something to share my life with, quiet walks on the beach at sunset and who I won't have to stab."

When she finally put her phone down and came out of the bathroom, she realized(?) she killed her husband. At which point she went for the Mop 'n' Glo and 409...

Quote:
The cleaning supplies spread about the house also indicated Danielle was trying to hide something, Wiggins said. He said the prosecution plans to introduce an expert who will describe how the “scene was obliterated” by Danielle, who also faces a charge of evidence tampering.
I bet.

Quote:
“Despite the fact that she didn’t go through the divorce, she was not interested in a life with Mr. Redlick,” Wiggins said. “She wanted to be happy and happiness for Mrs. Redlick was a life beyond Michael.”
Idiot. Michael may have been a class A asshole, but she stuck around in a situation she knew wasn't good, that didn't make her happy, while prowling for new partners, etc. She returned to/never left the man, over several years/attempts. She had means, this wasn't a poor couple. She killed him, her life is now pretty much over (his certainly is). She'll likely spend the rest of her life in prison over something that didn't have to happen, and never should have.

She could've/should've left years ago. She even did, but came back. That has to mean something/factor in.

The devil you know, I guess? Who the hell knows.

This story was exhausting to read; each paragraph was crazier and more "WTF?!" than the one before.

You always have options. The poorest of the poor, the weakest of the weak. There are agencies and outfits you can contact who can help, and get you out of those scenarios. It's not the 1940's or 1950's. It's not demanded/expected by society that you stick around and take it "for the sake of appearances" and all. Nobody is impressed if you do. We're kinda past that nonsense, aren't we?

This story reminds me of a few people I've known over the years. It never progressed to murder, thankfully, but everything else - lying, infidelity, abuse, neglect, game-playing, retaliation, property damage, financial shenanigans/drama, embarrassing everyone around them at some point, making their kids miserable, etc. - was fully present and playing out. Some people would rather be miserable in a relationship than happy alone/single. That's just true. We've all known at least one person like that in our lives, the crazy stuff they'll put up with just to "be with someone".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-10 at 09:01.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-10, 17:58

** Are you fucking kidding me? **

'The crime I would commit is murder': Idaho middle school yearbook references violence, crime

I just don't even know what to say.

Quote:
"On behalf of Canfield Middle School, I offer my apology for anyone that is offended by this content in the yearbook," Lilyquist wrote in the email. "Again, please know there was absolutely no intent to truly condone violent behavior; rather, the yearbook staff was going with the mystery theme."
Well, of course you were. Crime is mysterious. I mean, what better way to celebrate school violence than drag the inner shooter out of the student body?

"Hey, here's an idea, let's do a passive-aggressive yearbook and ask the kids how they would slaughter their buddies."

"Oooo, I liiiiike that idea. Which one do you think is the shooter?"

Probably this kid:

Quote:
"The crime I would commit is murder using a World War II gun."
I try not to cuss too much on the board, but for fuck's sake!