AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Disturbing Truth About Apple, iPods and iTunes

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Disturbing Truth About Apple, iPods and iTunes
Page 2 of 3 Previous 1 [2] 3  Next Thread Tools
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-04-18, 20:21

Shit, might as well have something worth reading (or drooling over) in this shitty thread. I'll keep it to non-nudes.

Not even a lack of clothing in this one, but my god, so hot:

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-04-19, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayReding
Well, I prefer the model in which a scantily clad and incredibly sexy iTunes Assistant parachutes onto my balcony and fixes my problem. Unfortunately, we live in the real world.
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  
2006-04-19, 00:20

This JUST in:

The iPod is STILL the no. 1 mp3 player in the world...
Doxxic
Veteran Member

2006-04-19, 04:00

Oh my, in his wrath, archangel Brad has allied with Beelzebub and let in the big starving thread predators, ready for some exuberant feasting...

... and even then the Mac user keeps true to his exquisite taste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
Shit, might as well have something worth reading (or drooling over) in this shitty thread. I'll keep it to non-nudes.

Not even a lack of clothing in this one, but my god, so hot:

Red Scare

Send a message via AIM to Red Scare Send a message via Yahoo to Red Scare  
2006-04-24, 23:45

I have to say, this is probably the dumbest rant I've read since I was bored in college and trolling blogs on religious debate.

Holy crap... how does one get their head jammed that far up their ass? I'm not sure that's humanly possible. I elect we hunt down spammer's IP and check him into the hospital to have that looked at.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2006-04-25, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
There's hardly anything sweeter than a 14-year-old boy with a crush.
That's sounds like something Debra Lafave might say.

Kidding! *ducks*
chucker2

2006-04-28, 20:52

Hi,

First of all, I finally know why I always have to be "Chucker2" on all the apple sites I visit, since finding the original chucker here. (no problem, for a number of reasons I am happy being 2).

I am a little surprised at the harsh response to the original post. Even if it was a "Cut and Paste" job that has appeared elsewhere, several very good points were made. Just because one is a Mac user, which I always have been and will be, does not mean that there are no areas where the company could do better or is not open to criticism.

I especially found his comments about the tech support and the apple.com discussion forums interesting and applicable. I recently had a very serious problem a with brand new apple product, not a .99 cent song but one of those $2000 computers everyone seemed to think automatically get more concern from the help folks. Here is what I discovered. Apple's online help is basically for idiots who have never seen a computer before and the discussion forum is so poorly organized and unsearchable that one can easily spend hours going over and over the same threads and never find an answer to the problem. And I did post my problem and after a week got exactly one response, which suggested trying 2 of the 4 (very basic, beginner level) fixes I had explicitely listed as already tried and failed in my original problem description, and no, I didn't notice Dr Phile being all that helpful then. So yeah, that part rang a little true for me.

And then there is the question of why the itunes store is not international. Nowhere on apple.com does it tell you why or how the store is divided by nation. In fact, searching for that answer is what brought me to applenova. I am american, used to live in Germany and now live in Portugal. Why am I only allowed to download from the US store? Why can't I buy local music I discover here, available on the Portugal iStore, just because my credit card is issued in the US? Why does the iTunes store lie to me when I try to create a German account and tell me my (US) credit card is "not valid in Deutschland" when I used it to buy something at Frankfurt airport last Thursday? I can understand that there may be copyright issues between the states and Europe, but all the EU countries should, at least, be under one store (they aren't).

The "30 second preview" complaint also has has some truth for me and bad previews (like only covering the opening of a song and not even getting to the vocals) have prevented me from buying more than one song.

Look, I love mac as much as the next guy, but the company is not infallible and there can be no argument that they have gotten in bed with the music industry to make customers dependent on the iPod/iTunes combo. And 5% of apple sales is no small, insignificant amount for the company. If you consider what the iPod has done for Apple's image overall, and the fact that dedicated PC users are now buying at least this one Apple product, then the imprtance of this combo should be clear.

Canyouhearmenow made some very good points that deserved rational discussion and consideration, not outright dismissal of their validity and ridicule of his post. Just because one has used Macs since the third grade does not make Apple imperviuos to critique. Neither Apple nor iPod/iTunes are perfect and it is silly to pretend otherwise.
RichieB

2006-04-28, 22:19

Quote:
(no problem, for a number of reasons I am happy being 2).

Quote:
Even if it was a "Cut and Paste" job that has appeared elsewhere, several very good points were made.
By Whom? Also, you used the Passive voice very blatantly...
Quote:
Just because one is a Mac user, which I always have been and will be, does not mean that there are no areas where the company could do better or is not open to criticism.
Apple computers is a corporation run by Steve Jobs and not a charity run by Mother Teresa. It ain't perfect. Accept it. Move on.
Quote:
Apple's online help is basically for idiots
Obviously not! It didn't help you!
Quote:
...and the discussion forum is so poorly organized and unsearchable that one can easily spend hours going over and over the same threads and never find an answer to the problem.
Yea, not so much. I have done a lot of searches on that forum. While it is certainly not perfect (a.k.a. AppleNova), I hardly spent hours and hours to find answers there. A few minutes max.
Quote:
And I did post my problem and after a week got exactly one response, which suggested trying 2 of the 4 (very basic, beginner level) fixes I had explicitely listed as already tried and failed in my original problem description, and no, I didn't notice Dr Phile being all that helpful then. So yeah, that part rang a little true for me.
Ding ding ding!
Quote:
And then there is the question of why the itunes store is not international. Nowhere on apple.com does it tell you why or how the store is divided by nation.
Umm... because the COUNTRIES THEMSELVES ARE DIVIDED? BOUNDARIES? BORDERS? MAYBE? HUH?!
Quote:
In fact, searching for that answer is what brought me to applenova.
It is AppleNova
Quote:
I am american, used to live in Germany and now live in Portugal.
I see you capitalize every other country's name but America. Hmmm....
Quote:
Why am I only allowed to download from the US store?
I refer to your previous statement: YOU ARE AMERICAN!
Quote:
Why can't I buy local music I discover here, available on the Portugal iStore, just because my credit card is issued in the US? Why does the iTunes store lie to me when I try to create a German account and tell me my (US) credit card is "not valid in Deutschland" when I used it to buy something at Frankfurt airport last Thursday? I can understand that there may be copyright issues between the states and Europe, but all the EU countries should, at least, be under one store (they aren't).
Yeah. Complain to the EU about why they haven't worked out the copyright issues. How DARE they remain independent of each other! The audacity of thinking they are separate countries.
Quote:
The "30 second preview" complaint also has has some truth for me and bad previews (like only covering the opening of a song and not even getting to the vocals) have prevented me from buying more than one song.
Go then, to a brick and mortar store in Portugal where they let you listen to their entire stock while you stand in the store.
Quote:
but the company is not infallible
Again, Mr. Jobs is not God. Just another human being, and a Gosh Darn CAPITALIST PIG at that! How dare he make money?!
Quote:
and there can be no argument that they have gotten in bed with the music industry to make customers dependent on the iPod/iTunes combo.
And that is exactly why the "music industry" is fighting Steve Jobs to have him raise the per song prices. Strange bedfellows indeed.
Quote:
And 5% of apple sales is no small, insignificant amount for the company.
5% vs. 95%. You decide.

Quote:
Canyouhearmenow made some very good points
No, the original author of the article maybe did. Canyouhearmenow just pasted someone else's views.

Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-04-29, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker2
Hi,

First of all, I finally know why I always have to be "Chucker2" on all the apple sites I visit, since finding the original chucker here. (no problem, for a number of reasons I am happy being 2).
I'm flattered, or something.

Quote:
And then there is the question of why the itunes store is not international.
Because the music industry refuses to license songs on a multinational basis. There's a legitimate reason for this: locally, different companies may hold the rights for one and the same song. Those companies may even compete on an international level. Of course, there's also an illegitimate reason for this, and that's exploitation of the system.

But Apple has nothing to do with this; they have to play by the rules, so it's pointless to criticize Apple for this. They could make an international store, they could make a DRM-less store and they could make a storeo that lets you burn videos to DVD, as it should be. They could, but they'd have about 1% as much content as they have right now, as hardly any execs would agree to such terms.

If you would prefer a 'morally cleaner' store with far fewer items over the current questionable one with many items, that's fair enough, but there's a simple solution: don't buy.
CFP

2006-04-29, 06:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot

Jesus Christ! From Roger's Profanisaurus:

camel's foot n. Of leggings and tight jeans, those mounds and crevices generated in a ladies crotch when they are pulled up too tight. Also camel's toes. See also Twix Lips.

"Ha! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear." Edmund Blackadder, circa 1766

Last edited by CFP : 2006-04-29 at 08:59.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-04-29, 07:17

*Sings*

Walking down the street
something caught my eye
a growing epidemic that really ain't fly
a middle aged lady
I gotta be blunt
her spandex biker shorts were creepin up the front

*clears throat, gets to the climax*:

um hmm thats right uh huh
oh no
fix yourself girl
you got a
Camel Toe

Edit: Here's a iTMS link for anyone who's interested. I'm pointing at you murbot

Last edited by turbulentfurball : 2006-04-29 at 07:24.
ZachPruckowski

2006-04-29, 14:11

Who is that woman, and why is she famous on this board?

And why wasn't this locked as a copy-and-paste troll in the first place?
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-04-29, 14:19

We were sleeping on the job, then it was just fun to rip on the original moron who went around copying and pasting crap.

Sometimes we let a thread like this survive as an example.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-04-29, 14:31

And how would we enjoy the true essence of human beauty if this thread was locked. It was left open as a service to humanity.
RobM

2006-04-29, 16:16

The woman's name is -
Mumbles.

We call her that because you can see her lips move but you can't understand what they're saying.
chucker

2006-04-29, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski
She's famous for her apparent inability to pick clothes that fit her body (assuming the camel toe isn't a deliberate mistake).
MacRonin

2006-04-29, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball
What was this thread about again? Oh, it's AppleNova. Of course, it's about boobies. :smokey:
What's wrong with boobies…?!?
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2006-04-29, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachPruckowski
Beware the Camel Toads.
Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-04-30, 09:03

Since you like to copy-paste, canyousmearmenow, I'll honor the tradition:

Before you decide to criticize any iPod-user, consider the potential downside. Once you are start being disrespectful to an Apple customer, your dependence on that will work against you.

iPod- a word that was practically unheard of five years ago has so thoroughly become part of the common vernacular it hardly needs explaining. Obviously customers around the globe know what a quality product is when it's offered to them. And Apple is able to do just that: offer products of great quality. For those living in a cave, or under a bridge, or working for Creative or Microsoft since 2000: the iPod is Apple's brilliant (and therefore rightfully successful) portable media player. Did you know that the iPod doesn't only store but can actually play MP3, WAV, M4A/AAC LC, Protected AAC, AIFF, Audible audiobook and Apple Lossless audio file formats? The fifth-generation iPod can also play .m4v and .mp4 MPEG-4 (namely H.264/MPEG-4 AVC) video file formats. That must be such a surprise for you!

Yes, the iPod is high tech, easy to use and beautifully designed. While Apple sells these units by the truckload, the real profit for Apple does not come directly from selling CONTENT through iTMS; the concept of the service actually works the other way around. That's where the true succes of the Apple's iTunes Music Store and the iPod lies: selling songs for a reasonable price. And that's where the sheer genius of Apple's strategy begins. And that's where the story becomes just too complicated for pharisaic spammers that don't seem to be able grasp the notion of other people.

Is Anyone There?

When you have a problem with yourself; hate your Windows PC; suffer from any loose wires or you'd rather be a furry animal and rub yourself with peanut butter: your psychoanalyst might offer you person to person, technical support whilst you're comfortably boo-hooing on his soft bench. And although you will likely end up spending several times more than what you'd have squandered on an iPod and a couple of songs at the iTunes Music Store; after some electroconvulsive therapy your denial will be practically non-existent. In the end: your mental health is what matters the most.

Welcome To The Labyrinth

AppleNova is a place for discussion: it's not a blog. Here you will find a myriad of subjects to sift through concerning various Apple products and other subjects. I will also refer you to the 'Genius Bar' at AppleNova for any tech issues you might have. The guys and girls here at AN can actually give you bona fide, personal, technical and moral support. You can spend hours searching different topics using keywords and really find answers, and camel toes too!

The Silent Treatment

When it comes to living a life in denial and envy, you are probably more disfunctional than anyone I'll ever see on Dr. Phil. Therefore I'll hereby give you my silent treatment, I sincerily hope it helps you to get well soon:

*silently farts and sighs of relief*

Last edited by Oompa Loompa : 2006-04-30 at 10:16.
HezMah19
Formerly "jmahe19"

Send a message via AIM to HezMah19  
2006-04-30, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oompa Loompa
*silently farts and sighs of relief*
Thats what I call the "Silent Treatment" alright
Oompa Loompa

2006-04-30, 13:43

Oh, and guys, lets's not forget there are male camel-toes too!
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-04-30, 13:45

Oh, I'm so glad that picture is broken.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-04-30, 13:48

↑ Click the refresh button DMBand0026 and your worst nightmares will come to fruition.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-04-30, 13:49

Good. I'm glad I did that.

Last time I ever listen to you.

Will someone post a picture of a friggin vagina already?!!? Geez!
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-04-30, 14:09

Oompa Loompa

2006-04-30, 14:15

[

Guys...

Last edited by Oompa Loompa : 2006-04-30 at 14:20.
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2006-04-30, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans

That diagram seems to be missing a label for murbot's location...

Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2006-04-30, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oompa Loompa
Oh, and guys, lets's not forget there are male camel-toes too!
Well that sure takes the guess work out of who might be juicin'...

Funny how none of them dress to the left or right...Up being the trend.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2006-04-30, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickers
Well that sure takes the guess work out of who might be juicin'...

Funny how none of them dress to the left or right...Up being the trend.
It's to make sure it doesn't get pinched by the seat. Note that the beans are up with the weenies too.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

2006-04-30, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
It's to make sure it doesn't get pinched by the seat. Note that the beans are up with the weenies too.
And so they can easily compare sizes, naturally.