User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

apple's watch?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
apple's watch?
Cybermonkey

2004-09-13, 14:35

Just found an apple watch on ebay that has the apple logo on it with the numbers reversed and apparantly tells the time backwards. It has a leather strap, think different in bold and comes in a round tin with the apple logo on it.

Is this Genuine? it states the watch is made in japan which got my curiosity going, surely apple would go for a swiss made watch?

Any thoughts?
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-09-13, 14:37

link.

LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-09-13, 14:37

These were sold when the think different campaign first launched. I own one. It's sitting in a drawer somewhere.
Cybermonkey

2004-09-13, 14:41

Linky

So whats it worth?
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-09-13, 14:45

I've never seen ones with a metal bezel like that. The one I have has a black face and bezel. They also sold one with a white face. Those were both models available in the states selling for $50 when new.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-13, 14:47

...which means redlightrunner.com probably has them for the low, low price of only $449!
¡Damned!

2004-09-13, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
...which means redlightrunner.com probably has them for the low, low price of only $449!
Ha! $139.95 for the black bezel. I was checking just as you posted that.
Cybermonkey

2004-09-13, 14:49

ok low cash you've go me worried, i've just come across these that you've mentioned, so does anyone know if the ebay one is genuine?
Cybermonkey

2004-09-13, 14:59

Just read this and it appears the watches were made by a swiss firm
and has no mention of being made in japan. So i can only assume the ebay one is a fake, I am thinking of retracting my bid now so i'd be grateful if anyone in the know can confirm it's a fake to back my retraction.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-13, 16:10

I bought my brother Patrick one of these back when they were at the low, low price of $69.99 and he used it for about 8 months and then the watch head had a piece on it that broke and made it impossible to fit on a watch band. He still has it as a collector's item, I guess, but it's sad that it broke so quickly. I wanted one too, until I saw what happened to it after such short-term use.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-13, 16:18

It would be kinda nice if Apple did this sort of thing a bit more, and made it available to all those not in a position to visit the Cupertino campus store.

I still think a calendar - with gorgeous, artistic beauty shots of their hardware - would be a nice thing to have (or give as gifts). Messiah, add THAT to one of my "ideas" you were concerned I didn't have earlier (give a PC-using buddy or relative this calendar for Christmas or their birthday...nothing wrong or outlandish with that idea, is there?).

That kinda falls into the "marketing" thing, albeit on a friendly, personal level. But, point is, people get exposed to Apple who might not otherwise.

So there.

You could buy this stuff online, via the Apple store, and/or at the retail stores.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-09-13 at 16:26.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-13, 16:26

Quote:
It would be kinda nice if Apple did this sort of thing a bit more, and made it available to all those not in a position to visit the Cupertino campus store.

I still think a calendar - with gorgeous, artistic beauty shots of their hardware - would be a nice thing to have (or give as gifts). Messiah, add THAT to one of my "ideas" you were concerned I didn't have earlier (give a PC-using buddy or relative this calendar for Christmas or their birthday...nothing wrong or outlandish with that idea, is there?).

You could buy this stuff online, via the Apple store, and/or at the retail stores.
That's a great idea, though I'd forget to look at the calendar and just stare at the pictures.
applenut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-09-13, 22:51

http://www.dougintosh.com/watches/wa...sil/index.html

I have that watch and a couple of think different watches
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2004-09-13, 23:07

Quote:
I still think a calendar - with gorgeous, artistic beauty shots of their hardware - would be a nice thing to have (or give as gifts).
Sans bikini-clad models draped over the machinery?