Veteran Member

2006-04-04, 07:47

She's beautiful. Well done.
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2006-04-04, 08:13

Congrats!!
Little girls are wonderful (I've got 2).
AWR
Veteran Member

2006-04-04, 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretara
Congrats!!
Little girls are wonderful (I've got 2).
How do you all do it? We'd have a third if we could figure out how to have a girl.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-04, 21:56

Thanks everyone. It has been a long few days to be sure. Mama and baby are both doing great. Baby is in real need of rest though. We'll just have to get her home tomorrow and turn the phones off and lock the door!

I'm here at the house now just kinda chilling out myself. My wife hasn't gotten any real sleep since going into labor either. Wow, we need a vacation. I can't wait to get her home though! She really is a cutie!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-04, 22:57

Isn't this just one of the most amazing things in the world?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-04-04, 23:00

those are some amazingly small fingers... and I am not talking about your new one...

awesome pic, tho...
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-04-05, 00:26

Congratulations, turtle. She's a doll.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-05, 00:45

Small finger huh, never been accused of that before.

She really is a doll. You should see the outfits my wife has for her. It's like watching a little girl play dress up with her dolls, only this one moves, on her own!

I had to put this up to show how much of a techie family we are:

What's even funnier is me putting the word out of her birth through text messages from my cell phone! Yes, there are pictures of that too!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-05, 21:41

What an interesting turn, here we would she would be coming home today. She is still there. Now she's under a big light looking like a Big Mac waiting under the heat lamps. Seems her "bilirubins" (sp?) are high and they need to let her cook a little longer.

So here I sit in an empty house (again) getting ready to do some job stuff since I haven't done any this week so far. My daughter is still with her friend, though she is ready to be home. My wife is in a courtesy room at the hospital since she was discharged today, but our new little girl would like to eat.

She was on a "bili-blanket" all day, but it wasn't enough to get this count down. All I know is if the count is too high it will lead to jaundice and then really bad things follow. The pediatrician is expecting her to go home tomorrow, but we won't know for sure until the tests are run twice to ensure it is all going well.

I'm not worried at all, I called my mom and she informed me that I was on the tanning bed for two days myself before I could go home. This isn't a tradition I really care to pass on. Oh well, off to work I go for now.

Thank you all for the warm wishes.

kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2006-04-06, 08:51

This isn't all that uncommon in a newborn. I've seen it hundreds of times.
She just needs to sit under the lights and she needs to eat (breastfeeding is best here).

This usually clears up in a few days.

When I worked the night shift in the NICU we used to sit under any spare warming lights (also used for 'bili' issues -- we called then the french-fry lights) to get rid fo the 3am chills. It was kind of funny watching the nurses taking turns sitting under the lights.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-04-06, 22:36

She is now home. They let her out this afternoon and isn't expected to have any further issues. We say the family Doc today and he said everything looks good too. It's funny, for being so common my little girl was the only one in the tanning bed. I was in the tanning bed for two days myself when I was born. My brother was under the lights for one day. One of his kids had a day under the lights too. Seems to be a family tradition.

Life is awesome though. We are glad to be home. My 11 year old is REALLY glad to be home. She missed us while we were at the hospital and she was with her friends family. It's just cool to be a family of four now. This just feels good.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2006-04-06, 23:38

Congrats turtle!

I am more than nervous enough being made an uncle this summer (and potentially a godfather).

Can't imagine a kid of my own. Three cheers man.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-04-07, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472
She is now home. They let her out this afternoon and isn't expected to have any further issues. We say the family Doc today and he said everything looks good too. It's funny, for being so common my little girl was the only one in the tanning bed. I was in the tanning bed for two days myself when I was born. My brother was under the lights for one day. One of his kids had a day under the lights too. Seems to be a family tradition.

Life is awesome though. We are glad to be home. My 11 year old is REALLY glad to be home. She missed us while we were at the hospital and she was with her friends family. It's just cool to be a family of four now. This just feels good.
They had my son cooking under the fry lamp in the NICU for about 12 hours after he was born. I was scared as shit when they said he had to go to the NICU. All the workers down there were great though and calmed my fears.

So while it might not be super common, I went through it too. It should be smooth sailing for you from here on out. Well, except for the lack of sleep, constant running for supplies and figuring out why she's upset now (your wife, not your child). Who could ask for more?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-11-15, 20:22

This was the cutest site I have seen in a long time so I had to share it and this seemed to be the best place.

My little girl is starting to stand with the help of furniture. This time she saw the screen saver on the MB and though it would be something cool to use. I captured a few images, but here is one with her using the track pad.

Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2006-11-15, 22:55

What is that? The new 23" MacBook?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-11-15, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
What is that? The new 23" MacBook?

It does look really big in this image doesn't it? Eliana has really grown though too. She has just pushed through her 5th tooth and the last four came in within a week or so of each other. Three were starting at the same itme!

Baby Tylenol here we come!

Schnauzer
Veteran Member

2006-11-16, 10:32

GG dude congrads
blakbyrd

Send a message via AIM to blakbyrd  
2006-11-16, 10:47

Congratulations.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2006-11-16, 10:49

That's so nice. She's so cute.

I'm trying for a baby but I don't really how to do it since it will be my first . I'll let you know when my wife is pregant. Wish me luck !

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-11-16, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegatool View Post
That's so nice. She's so cute.

I'm trying for a baby but I don't really how to do it since it will be my first . I'll let you know when my wife is pregant. Wish me luck !
If at first you don't succeed ...

Best of luck to ya.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-11-16, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post

It does look really big in this image doesn't it? Eliana has really grown though too. She has just pushed through her 5th tooth and the last four came in within a week or so of each other. Three were starting at the same itme!

Baby Tylenol here we come!
Yea, once they start coming in, it's a constant cycle of teething rings, runny noses and late nights for a few months. We were lucky that Ben didn't have too much teething pain after the first few teeth. It was the runny nose and cold catching that for some reason seemed to come along with the new teeth that kept us up at night.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-06-08, 21:59

Boy do they grow quickly.

She chose to use her potty seat for the first time tonight. We all cheered her on and she was so tickled by the attention that she went back and put even more in!

We haven't push it at all since we just had another child added to the family. we let her choose to use the "big girl potty" on her own. We're pretty happy here. I just had to share.