User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories
Page 137 of 221 First Previous 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141  Next Last Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-17, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ω_ View Post
How are you even allowed to fill up Tupperware? Surely there is a safety risk? Or is this a Darwin thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
It sound's like an assured way to win an honorable mention Darwin award, but in a year filled with morons dying because of it, I doubt it would even register as a blip.
If I had to put ALL of my nickels on a sure bet, I would bet that the Tupperware thing was nothing more than a YouTube hoax.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-05-18, 06:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
If I had to put ALL of my nickels on a sure bet, I would bet that the Tupperware thing was nothing more than a YouTube hoax.
Canadian authorities did issue a warning for a gas run years ago about not using tupperware... so, I wouldn't be so sure...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-18, 06:27

Ken, I once saw someone pumping gasoline into a 2-liter soda bottle (he got as much on his hands/the ground as he did the bottle). Not an iPhone or cackling friends in sight.

There are just run-of-the-mill, standard issue dingbats and boneheads out there not seeking any sort viral/social media 15 minutes, doing foolish, questionable things long before YouTube and all the rest ever existed.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-05-18, 06:52

I'm kind of hesitant to go get some gas for the lawnmower!! 🤣

Hang on, do phone emojis work on this old platform? I need to see the above on the desktop version
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-18, 07:54

Yeah, there are really idiots out there.

Personally I prefer the Rubbermaid products because they have the rubber seal around the top to keep the spills contained while taking turns on the hill when heading home.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-05-18, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
Canadian authorities did issue a warning for a gas run years ago about not using tupperware... so, I wouldn't be so sure...
We are always ahead of the curve.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-05-18, 08:59

Except, of course, when our Prime Minister uses an HP laptop with an Apple logo sticker.

This is a strange new way to embarrass the country.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-05-18, 09:21

That's fantastic!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-18, 10:56

There are times when I'm glad I live down here.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-18, 11:13

I don't know the guy, but is there any chance he's doing it as a goof? It's not even on straight and it's not covering up the other logo/badging. He has to know all this?

Is it even his computer? Is he using someone else's, or a public machine?

Believe me, I don't go around defending/excusing political figures, but he can't be that much of an oblivious poser, not with his job.

Although, as a politician, his pandering and full-of-shit tendencies are automatically higher than those of the civilian population...so I guess anything's possible.

My gut says to go with the former, though. He can't be that lame, can he? It's a goof.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-05-18, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I don't know the guy, but is there any chance he's doing it as a goof? It's not even on straight and it's not covering up the other logo/badging. He has to know all this?

Is it even his computer? Is he using someone else's, or a public machine?
Good question. He does seem… somewhat media-aware, so it's possible he's in on the joke.

But it seems more likely to me that some PR agency needed a last-minute photo shoot, and this is what they came up with.

Last edited by chucker : 2021-05-18 at 12:02.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-05-18, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Except, of course, when our Prime Minister uses an HP laptop with an Apple logo sticker
He’s a dreamer, I think it’s a generational thing. If I had an HP laptop I’d do the same thing.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-21, 09:53

No shit.
chucker

2021-05-21, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
OTOH, so does not doing so.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2021-05-21, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
OTOH, so does not doing so.
This. 100%.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-21, 13:56

Not doing it doesn't taste as good either.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-21, 14:05

Nor does it look really cool in my bar.

Speaking of which, where in hell can I upload some pics for something less than no nickels?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-21, 14:09

https://imgur.com I think still does that. Of course you could use Dropbox and share images from there. Still free and you can control what you put in Dropbox. I'm kinda surprised we can't with iCloud Drive yet... at least that I'm aware of.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2021-05-21, 22:17

C'mon, ya piece of...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/00wy...BnzTEgDGy1iezA

Result: Link works, but will not embed with IMG tag.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-05-21, 23:52

LOL - I clicked on Kick's link and stared at it for 10 seconds and finally said to myself "What the FUCK am I looking at this for?" and scrolled up to see what everybody was talking about. I have zero contributions to this discussion right now but man am I sleepy – I have no business computing right now. Signing OFF.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Dr. Bobsky

2021-05-22, 03:33

https://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-ch...ry?id=77810706

I remember that someone here knew Heidi and we all recognized at the time that her husband killed her... There's finally progress on that front...
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-22, 21:32

It's amazing how long these things can take. It's rarely like the TV shows where the murder is solved in a day.

Thanks, Bruce, for the update.

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-05-24 at 15:34.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-25, 10:43

Ah, the old “blew myself up making homemade bombs to pay off my lawnmower purchase” chestnut.

Who among us hasn’t gone through this at some point?

Quote:
An Ohio man died when bombs he was building in his garage exploded, officials say.

A neighbor told investigators the man intended the sell the explosives to pay off a lawn mower he bought, officials say.
My usual response to stories of people doing stupid, illegal shit to earn some money is “get off your ass and maybe mow a few yards to earn some cash”, but you see what happens when it goes too far, and you put the cart before the Toro.

He didn’t have a mower, you see. So, this being the land of opportunity and all…

I’m hoping the Barney Fife brigade is tracking down anyone he was making these things for. That might be important.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-25, 11:31

I'm pretty sure I want to post some laughing smilies, but instead I'm just going to say …

And leave it at that.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-27, 14:21

I hate to beat a dead tauntaun, but I just saw this and thought it was interesting...

J.J. Abrams says Disney had no plan when they made the new Star Wars trilogy.

Quote:
If you're unfamiliar with the carousel of directors behind the final trilogy, the original plan was to have Abrams direct The Force Awakens, Rian Johnson direct The Last Jedi, and Trevorrow direct The Rise of Skywalker, with each director putting their own spins on the series.
Quote:
With all the changes behind the scenes, the final product didn't exactly resemble a seamless narrative.
From Abrams himself:

Quote:
“You just never really know, but having a plan I have learned - in some cases the hard way - is the most critical thing, because otherwise you don’t know what you’re setting up. You don’t know what to emphasize. Because if you don’t know the inevitable of the story, you’re just as good as your last sequence or effect or joke or whatever, but you want to be leading to something inevitable.”

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-05-27 at 15:48.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-05-27, 15:41

um …

N'DUH!

Might I suggest they wipe those three from canon and turn the project over to those Mandalorian guys?

And let's not let our nice, Daily News thread devolve into SW bitching.

I'm sure there's an appropriate thread around here somewhere's.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-27, 16:44

No worries. I barely give a shit.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-05-27, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
um …

N'DUH!

Might I suggest they wipe those three from canon and turn the project over to those Mandalorian guys?

And let's not let our nice, Daily News thread devolve into SW bitching.

I'm sure there's an appropriate thread around here somewhere's.
This info has been circling in the SW community for a long time, and yes, wipe this crap from canon! Pretty please with sugar on top!

In other news, a local guy got knifed for asking a skateboarder to let them get by on a footpath. Just heard this on the radio, apparently not big enough of a story to go onto their website though.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-27, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
In other news, a local guy got knifed for asking a skateboarder to let them get by on a footpath.
Totally reasonable response.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-06-08, 12:03

Wow. Be careful what messaging app you use.

If I were these guys, I'd use iPhones and iMessage.

Otherwise, that is freaking hilarious.