User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

What's the best album art grabbing software for iTunes?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What's the best album art grabbing software for iTunes?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-09-06, 11:00

In line with Sing That Tune! and the recent lyrics thread I'm now noticing how much of my music is missing album art. So what's the best software to update my album art for me? I don't mind paying for it, but I'd rather not if there's a good free one out there too. I've seen CoverScout and it looks good, I just want to know what else is out there and really don't want to "settle for" if I can help it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Jason
Veteran Member

2008-09-06, 11:38

I have been using Coverscout for two years. It is simply awesome.
In my opinion, I don't think there is anything better. Sure, you have to pay but I personally think it is money well spent.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2008-09-06, 13:57

Ima getting tired of the stupid errors with the iTunes grabber, I might have to look into something else for it soon.

It put Munich soundtrack art on the Jurassic Park soundtrack, and "Didgeridoo Rocks!" aussie dance art on the School of Rock soundtrack...
tomoe
Veteran Member

2008-09-06, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post
It put Munich soundtrack art on the Jurassic Park soundtrack, and "Didgeridoo Rocks!" aussie dance art on the School of Rock soundtrack...
. You have to admire its sense of humor, that is, were iTunes sentient and all.

Last edited by tomoe : 2008-09-07 at 09:10.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2008-09-06, 21:52

I always used Clutter for the pre-iTunes grabber era as well as fixing the current mess-ups.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-09-14, 00:01

I looked at Clutter and it just doesn't look good for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

So has anyone used any of the widgets out there the pick the artwork? I used to have one on my other system that would fetch the art for me. It wasn't perfect but it free and worked relatively well.

Any other ideas?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2008-09-14, 08:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
I looked at Clutter and it just doesn't look good for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

So has anyone used any of the widgets out there the pick the artwork? I used to have one on my other system that would fetch the art for me. It wasn't perfect but it free and worked relatively well.

Any other ideas?
Yeah, I've been using the Amazon Album Art Widget. It works pretty well, actually, but obviously it's not the fastest thing in the world since it only operates on the currently selected album or tracks.
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2008-09-14, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I have been using Coverscout for two years. It is simply awesome.
In my opinion, I don't think there is anything better. Sure, you have to pay but I personally think it is money well spent.
Yeah, I just downloaded this. It's great! You don't even have to pay if you're clever enough...