User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!
Page 17 of 25 First Previous 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-23, 20:33

Here is a list of the archived maps to keep you from forgetting our past!

The above is a list of the worlds that are archived including prior to the most recent trim. I have also left The End and the Nether map to the list here even though they are out of date. Enjoy the archives and I’ll get cracking on the current world we are playing in! You should see it go live once it’s done and I’ll automate it again once it’s run correctly.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-24, 18:52

The current world map is live. See where we are now with the trim and most recent project updates like Tall Town.

I've not made it automated again yet, though I likely will tonight once the current run I started recently finishes. I also think I've fixed the player name and skin issue with the maps. If the current run works as expected and Ken and 709 have the right names then I did get a fix in place.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-24, 19:36

Maps are fully automated again. Player's names and skins seem to be fixed too! Merry Christmas to all of you if I don't see you in the game before it's over.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-26, 13:48

Site currently down. Please check back later.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-12-26, 15:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Site currently down. Please check back later.
Clear your cache.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-21, 00:09

Here is a list of the archived maps to keep you from forgetting our past!

The above is a list of the worlds that are archived including prior to the most recent upgrade. I have also left The End and the Nether map to the list here even though they are out of date. Enjoy the archives once the final 1.8.8 has finished copying over. I'm going to leave same map live on the normal URL until I can run a new map generation on the new 1.9 world. I'll post more once it's updated.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-22, 13:21

The map have completed generating for the new trim and 1.9 update. It should be synced over in a short while, though I have that automated and it will happen when it does. Later tonight all should be well. If you are seeing the "Temp Down" page try refresh and clearing your cache.

Since we are stable with the new world I've also automated the process again so maps will keep updating going forward on their regular schedule.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-22, 15:18

Hrmm... I thought I trimmed that long southern stretch.

Well, crap. I just checked the script I had on the server, and somehow I left those in.

edit: Double crap. It seems the script on the server is exactly the old script and not the new one I updated. Not sure why the new one didn't copy over.

Is it too late for a trim redo? I'll also put back the chunk that *wasn't* supposed to be deleted south of tall town stadium.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2016-03-22, 16:10

Not too late. Go for it!

[edit]: There's also that piece south of Elysium he wanted lopped off.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-22, 16:49

Yeah, the large picture I posted earlier (this one) is exactly what was produced when I ran my trim script against my local copy of the world files. The script does exactly as expected... when it works.

Sorry for all the trouble, T. I'll try trimming again *now* and I'll point you to the new dated backup file so you can redo the map... again.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-22, 17:50

OK, trimmed again. I think all is better now. Famous last words.

I traveled to the far south edge beyond the cart trail to verify that the long southern strip is gone.

world.20160322.184045.tar.gz is the backup I created immediately after this trim. (And it's about half the size of the previous backups.)

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-22, 20:10

Well, that would explain why the maps are having a problem now.

I'm going to stop the automation and purge again. I'll post when the world maps are live again. Then again once they are automated.

The map that is generating now is based on the 2050 automated world backup for those wondering.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-22, 20:16

I just realized that the new update means there will be some level of travel and expansion in The End. Would you guys like me to make a map of The End now too? I'm not worried about the logistics of it yet, just wondering if there will be real interest in it.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-22, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I just realized that the new update means there will be some level of travel and expansion in The End. Would you guys like me to make a map of The End now too? I'm not worried about the logistics of it yet, just wondering if there will be real interest in it.
Nah, I think your "Biomeapalooza TheEnd for Reference" version already covers it. There have been some minor changes, like when you guys tore down the obsidian pillars, but otherwise that map is already perfect for the main island.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-23, 15:37

Yeah, but I was more thinking about when we start to go beyond the main island to the outer islands.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-23, 18:44

I just noticed that the signs aren't really showing up right now. Not sure why. only the one in my dried out monument is showing. I'll put down some new signs and see if it's something related to the change in seed and such. I do know that map gen app I use isn't updated for 1.9 yet so that might be it too.

Edit: Maps are automated again now.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-28, 17:26

The map generation software got updated so I'm stopping automation and running a manual run. If the past is any indicator, I'll likely have to remove all of the current map files and start over again. I'll see how this goes though.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-28, 19:00

So the new update required that I upgrade Java from 1.6 that Macs came with to a more modern version. I am pretty sure I got it figured out so I don't kill all services with my machine that use Java. Oh well. The maps will update when they get done processing and I'll keep y'all posted if I have to start maps completely over with this upgrade.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-30, 19:32

Did someone place a skull of some type recently? I'm thinking maybe 709 or Brad. There is an issue rendering the maps now and the error is always the same now.
Code:
FindChangedTiles took: 42.467 seconds RenderBaseTiles Base render is at zoom 23 with 512x512 tiles RenderBaseTiles java.lang.NullPointerExceptionof 63) at tectonicus.blockTypes.Skull.addEdgeGeometry(Skull.java:136) at tectonicus.blockTypes.Skull.addInteriorGeometry(Skull.java:77) at tectonicus.Chunk.createGeometry(Chunk.java:123) at tectonicus.world.World.draw(World.java:524) at tectonicus.world.World.draw(World.java:471) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.renderBaseTiles(TileRenderer.java:652) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.output(TileRenderer.java:297) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:925) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:1173) Cleaning up...

¡Damned!

2016-03-30, 19:49

I did. One from my previous conquest, and another from our escapade last night.

It's an Ender Dragon head, just so you know. I'll go in and take them down.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-30, 19:56

I'll double check that I don't have any extra skulls in my basement…
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-30, 20:14

Thanks guys. I hope this is it and I'm filing a bug report on it if it is the dragon head. Is it safe to make a backup and try to process the map now? Or, how about just letting me know when I can.

The maps are not automated at this point for those following.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-30, 20:45

Seems you've already done it. I forced a backup and am rendering the maps again. I'll let you know when the heads are safe to place again.

In other news, the signs work again.

Also, I'm going to add The End to the maps. I got so lost on those islands earlier. A rail system is a must out there I think. I'll have to play with them and see how they interact with the endermen.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-30, 21:20

FYI, if dragon skulls are a problem, then the end is eventually going to fail in the same way because that's where the skulls were found in the first place (affixed to the bow of the ender ships). Give it a try, though.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-30, 21:43

Man! That sucks. Then again, if you have the skulls from the only found ships we should be fine. I hope...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-30, 22:10

So far I believe that to be correct!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-31, 12:06

So I got a response on what might be causing the issue:
Quote:
I just realized what might be causing this. Tectonicus tries to figure out what version of texture pack it's using so that it knows which defaultBlockConfig file to look in for texture file names. Specifically, it checks the texture pack for the file "assets/minecraft/textures/blocks/redstone_dust_cross.png". This texture no longer exists in 1.9, but maybe it's still in your custom texture pack? If it is, then Tectonicus treats it like a 1.8 texture pack and won't look for the Ender Dragon texture.
So I've opened the current resource pack and renamed redstone_dust_cross.png to redstone_dust_cross_orig.png that the map gen uses. We will see if this works and then I'll go from there.

Because of all the back and forth and such the current maps got wiped and I'm rebuilding from scratch. So it will be a day or so before they are live again. I'll post updates as I have them.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-01, 13:50

The maps have finished processing but there is a problem with the texture pack for some reason still. I can't tell if the maps are updating with the right texture or updating with the wrong textures.

So at this point I think I'm going to wipe and start over again.

I'll try to leave what is there up though. The End is the last tab on the map now. You can see the rail I recently built too.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-02, 13:04

I wonder if it's because 1.9 required a pack_format version bump in its pack.mcmeta file. It's one tiny change (from a 1 to a 2) and none of the block textures actually changed between versions, but if Tectonicus is getting confused and requiring the old version, that could explain something.

Also it strikes me as kind of dumb that Tectonicus would be coded to look for redstone_dust_cross.png since it's perfectly normal and common for resource packs to not include every single image. I'm sure there are tons of 1.8 packs that don't have that image.

Mind sharing the xml configs you're using for Tectonicus? I could give it a try locally with a few tweaks to the pack to see if I can make it any better.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-02, 13:10

I've placed a copy of the xml in my home dir on the server named tectonicusConfig.xml.

I removed the file from the texture pack that was mentioned by the developer above, but not the map is only generating using default textures.