AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Check out this Bass guitar

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Check out this Bass guitar
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-06, 23:53

This bass is pure sex on wood.

I rarely ever get GAS(I already have some fantastic gear), but wow, I would love to have that.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-07, 00:00

Yes, indeed it does look like a vagina.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-08-07, 00:01

If I ever learn to play the bass guitar. . .

And if I ever join a band. . .

And if that band only played pr0n music. . .

I'd buy that in a heart beat.

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-07, 00:03

It looks like a brontosaurus!

That's pretty nice-looking though. But instruments like that, I'm always afraid I'd ding them into a door frame accidentally, then I'd have to kill myself!
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-07, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
It looks like a brontosaurus!

That's pretty nice-looking though. But instruments like that, I'm always afraid I'd ding them into a door frame accidentally, then I'd have to kill myself!
ha, yea, that's a factor for sure. But there is a certain allure to good looking instruments that have been beat up a bit.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-07, 01:57

That thing is incredible. I'd love to pick one of those up, looks like it would play really sweet too. My bass is a natural wood look, but it's a dark reddish almost cherry wood type. It looks nice, but not nearly as cool as that thing.

Come waste your time with me
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-07, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
That thing is incredible. I'd love to pick one of those up, looks like it would play really sweet too. My bass is a natural wood look, but it's a dark reddish almost cherry wood type. It looks nice, but not nearly as cool as that thing.
It's one-of-a-kind, hand built by luthier Darrin huff He's only made about half a dozen basses(not all the basses he's made are on his site) but they are all incredible.
Mr Beardsley

Send a message via AIM to Mr Beardsley  
2004-08-07, 02:07

Beautiful for sure. I'm partial to Parker stuff myself. I like the light weight, and the Fly guitar is absolute butter to play.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-07, 02:12

Geez that guy makes some absolutely amazing looking instruments. If they sound half as good as they look, I'm sold That and, I'd have to find like 5 grand somewhere to pay for one.

Come waste your time with me
iBrowse

2004-08-07, 02:19

I have an Explorer and it's by no means in perfect shape, but I'd love to play that thing. Very nice.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-07, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Geez that guy makes some absolutely amazing looking instruments. If they sound half as good as they look, I'm sold That and, I'd have to find like 5 grand somewhere to pay for one.
They are actually pretty reasonably priced, for a custom hand built guitar that is. I think that it's about $1900 up(depending on options)

yea, that's a lot, but it's really cheap compared to many other respected luthiers.

I've only heard clips of one of them, and it sounded great, dunno how well they play though.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-08-07, 02:28

Here's My bass, definitely not as good looking, though it's still a looker, plays like a dream and sounds amazing too. This is why I never get GAS.

johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-08-07, 08:08

Dare I disagree?

That first one...blech....what a Baroque/Viking ass paddle...

Why does gaudy = great?

To each their own, of course. Just don't dress up like Messiahtosh when you play it...

The second one, yeargh, make...the gold...stop. Gold bridges and heads with silver frets? shudder. If you're gonna go gold, go all the way. Mixing silver and gold is tré Compton. But if it floats your boat, go for it.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by johnq : 2004-08-07 at 08:13.