MC: 1.12 - The World of Color Update!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.12 - The World of Color Update!
Page 3 of 6 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  Next Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 13:20

Ok, I trimmed again and started with a new seed again. This one if shorter, though I didn't see a limit on number of characters.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 13:30

Looking into this I might have to run it again and remove the world folder. Then log in and generate the world with the new seed. Then move the current chunks into the newly created world. I might be able to get to that shortly... on a conference call at the moment though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 13:52

Ok, so I archived the world folder, built a new world out of the new seed. Then copied our world chunks into the new seed world (The End and The Nether too) as well as player data. I didn't do villages or anything like that. Let us see how this plays out!

Edit: the world south of the squid farm is now cold taiga. Squid farm works again too. Not need to admin magic things.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2017-08-30 at 14:22.
¡Damned!

2017-08-30, 14:15

Success on the new seed, but it wiped the data from the old seed concerning monument placement, which in turn broke the guardian grinder. So close!

Otherwise it's as expected. Ghost towns are gone, achievements reset and kill counter is gone (phew). One thing I didn't foresee that I should have is that all maps are now blank. Such is the price of progress.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 14:23

Well.... We can put the old data back for the guardian grinder. I just need to find what file it is. I'm fairly certain that will effect the random villages though. So are we trading the guardian grinder for random villages everywhere? I'm totally impartial, though I do like the guardian grinder.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 14:48

I think I found it! Monument.dat.

So we can restore only the monument locations. This would also make my dried out monument more appealing I think.

These are the available data files for the world:
Code:
Fortress.dat idcounts.dat Mineshaft.dat Monument.dat Temple.dat Village.dat villages.dat villages_end.dat villages_nether.dat
Which should I restore other than Monument?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 14:54

Fixed Monument grinder. Slimes in there now too. Target practice with our bows as a bonus prize!

You just might want to add auto sorting to this after all.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 20:44

Looks like Spawn moved to the top of the Enterprise again. I think I'll set it to the Space Needle this time.
¡Damned!

2017-08-31, 17:13

Doing a little portal cleanup in the Nether wrt villages and whatnot that are no longer there, and decided to implement an idea that Drew had a while ago. Chatting in-game he mentioned how maze-like the Nether paths were getting and instead of the dozens and dozens of [ SPAWN IS THAT WAY ----> ] signs we had up he had the idea of putting purple glass outside of the portals directed toward spawn. Well, now that we have cooked terracotta and the magenta design happens to be an arrow:

Voilà! Great idea Drew! It makes so much more sense.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-31, 19:05

That is so cool! I love that change.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2017-09-04, 16:35

Me smart cookie.

¡Damned!

2017-09-22, 12:03

Could we move the spawn point plz? I died recently (I know! ) and ended up on top of the space needle downtown. Well, since the 33x33 area around spawn locks everything down so it can't be messed with, the trapdoor to get down wouldn't open. I was stuck naked and afraid on top of the needle and it took me several running jump attempts to hit the water below. You try it! It's tough.

For now I've put some slime blocks in the path below that are much easier to hit. Also, in exploring the area that's locked down I found that the railway won't work either, among other smaller things like chests and doors not working. So given that, the only area I've found near downtown that doesn't have doors, buttons, blocks that may need breaking/updating, etc. is here:

That's a 33x33 area centered on block 141/62/181. There's nothing underground there that I know of besides some abandoned mines, and I can't see the path to Enterprise changing anytime soon. What do you all think?

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-22, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Could we move the spawn point plz? I died recently (I know! ) and ended up on top of the space needle downtown. Well, since the 33x33 area around spawn locks everything down so it can't be messed with, the trapdoor to get down wouldn't open. I was stuck naked and afraid on top of the needle and it took me several running jump attempts to hit the water below. You try it! It's tough.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I'll move spawn, I didn't realize it would keep you from opening the hatch. I thought it would be a cool place to start since there are signs showing you where things are. What about spawn being centered near guest housing and the cove? I'm fine with where you put them, I'm just thinking of pointing new people to a good start. Like right in the middle of the intersection here:

¡Damned!

2017-09-22, 12:13

I looked near guest housing too, but it would have to be at the very end of the westward dock to not hit the cabin doors/chests, and I'm not sure how it would work with boats (you can't even place a cart down on the railway underneath the needle right now). I think people will naturally head towards downtown, but we could put some signs & maps up at the end of the forked paths as well. I've been wanting to do a big 'overview' map somewhere, maybe that's the place.

[edit]: The crossroads there would lock the nearest 2 cabins. Basically anything 16 blocks away from the center point is locked down.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2017-09-22 at 12:25.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-22, 12:37

Ok, I put spawn where you had it. It works fine. Redoing the signs is a great idea though.
¡Damned!

2017-09-22, 13:41

Thanks! So much less splatting trying to get down.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-09-22, 14:48

I was trying to remember how I got down from there without dying and was going to lend you my advice, and then it occurred to me that I spawned in from the End, so I still had my wings with me.

"Just fly down, you dumb shit!" was going to be bad advice.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2017-09-22 at 15:11.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-29, 14:23

I was looking at the server properties file and it looks like I can make spawn protection smaller or go away altogether. What about we put it closer to the cove/huts again but with a smaller or absent spawn protection?

Oh, and I have to say that my first attempt to jump from the top and hit the water worked perfectly.

¡Damned!

2017-09-30, 11:27

Ha! Must be that extra Admin Speed™.

I'm all for moving spawn back to the downtown area with no protect. Maybe right on the path next to the 'Guest Lodging Ahead' sign with the freebie loot chest?

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-01, 17:34

Ok, Spawn Protection has been disabled and world spawn moved to the path by the sign and chest pointing guests to the huts. It should be updated on our maps during the 9PM update.

¡Damned!

2017-10-11, 11:46

Turtle, I need your Admin Super Power to break just a few bedrock blocks, if you would be so kind.

Beacons only work if they have direct view to the sky (or the nether version of that) and since 'sky' is actually bedrock in the Nether, sometimes netherblock gets stuck into the crazy that is the bedrock Nether ceiling. Beacon beam can't go through, yada yada, I need your superpowers.

When we're both on next time I'll show you where exactly. No rush at all.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-11, 19:21

Sounds good to me.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-18, 14:27

Anyone else having trouble repairing Super Picks since 1.12?
¡Damned!

2017-10-18, 16:51

Like, with Mending?

I just go balls-out on them until they die, honestly. Adding Mending on an already OP pick just feels dirty.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-18, 18:40

No, I mean repairing them at an anvil. Used to be able to repair them all the way into the red. Now it seems they cannot be repaired at all. Not a big deal, considering there are lots of them.

But, still,

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2017-10-20, 10:48

Hmm. Just tried it and it worked:

It's the first time repairing though, and I think there's a limit to how much/many times you can repair a tool (XP price goes up each time until it hits "Too Expensive!"). This repair cost 2 XP, fwiw.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-20, 11:11

Maybe that's the problem. Too much many repairs.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-22, 14:02

I haven't repaired a tool in a long time. I'll have to see how it works on my bow, it needs to be repaired now anyway.

Edit: Guess I won't be repairing this one

Last edited by turtle : 2017-10-22 at 14:44.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-10-22, 15:46

I haven't been able to repair any of my good bows in at least a year. Once they get to ~50%, they have all been "Too Expensive".
¡Damned!

2017-10-23, 11:09

Have you tried putting Mending on them? I've found that when items get to the "Too Expensive!" level I can sometimes add a book or combine enchanted items, but it's hit or miss. I don't understand the mechanics of it at all.

So it goes.