User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!
Page 18 of 25 First Previous 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22  Next Last Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-02, 14:10

Thanks T!

Well, hmm. I stripped it down to just rendering one angle and just updated the paths to my own local files, and it looks like it rendered with the correct textures:

http://applenova.com/etc/brad/minecraft/world/

However, I did see in the logs an error finding "command_block.png" which tells me that it's apparently running a 1.8 mode, not 1.9, because that is one of the renamed textures in 1.9. I'll keep poking at this too...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-02, 14:19

Also, I found the code you mentioned earlier that tries to guess the Minecraft version:

https://github.com/tectonicus/tecton...ePack.java#L52

Question for you, T: Is your XML config pointed to the correct minecraft jar file? Check your line in the config starting with "minecraftJar". Is that the latest 1.9 jar? Using an older jar there might cause the initial rendering problem where it was failing on the dragon head.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-02, 14:28

Yes, I put a copy of the jar and texture pack into a folder and rename it to just minecraft.jar and leave your texture pack name as it is. This way I'm not changing the path in the XML every upgrade. The rendering is running 1.9.2.jar now.
Code:
minecraftJar = "/Volumes/Clean/Users/Me/Dropbox/mc/core/minecraft.jar" texturePack = "/Volumes/Clean/Users/Me/Dropbox/mc/core/AppleNovaBradTextures.zip"
I did notice that when I compress the texture pack it's larger than when I unzip it. The compressed version of the texture pack after I remove the noted png is 4.3MB. Your untouched one is 3.1MB. Not sure the difference other than I'm just using Finder's Compress Folder menu where you might be using a better tool.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-02, 14:50

Thanks, T. Obviously I found your issue over at Github. I guess we'll continue this conversation there. For anyone interested in following along:

https://github.com/tectonicus/tectonicus/issues/66

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I did notice that when I compress the texture pack it's larger than when I unzip it. The compressed version of the texture pack after I remove the noted png is 4.3MB. Your untouched one is 3.1MB. Not sure the difference other than I'm just using Finder's Compress Folder menu where you might be using a better tool.
I wrote a helper script that I punch before I release a zipped version. It just strips out any .DS_Store files, fixes permissions, and uses the command-line "zip" program. It's in my Github repo if you'd like a copy!

https://github.com/infinitewarp/anmc...ter/package.sh

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-02, 18:34

Seems like we have this worked out so I'm going to wipe the cache and make it render over again.

I used the package.sh and removed two texture blocks with similar names. "redstone_dust_cross.png" and "redstone_dust_cross_overlay.png" and the one test spot where I'm currently standing on the map has rendered with our textures now.

I'm hoping that by wiping the cache but not the map files it will leave the map up there as it is, but force it to regenerate all the tiles used forcing the update to our textures. Worst case, I wipe the whole map and start over with the working texture pack.

Obviously, I'm not on an automated map generation process at this point.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-02, 18:48

FWIW, I also uploaded a new resource pack zip to the server if you want to download that for an "official" copy.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-02, 19:38

lkjdshgjldkghljkdfhkjhdfg

fasliduhgauierhg'

sagdhadskgioheriohg

sagdlkhgi8rhiohyerkndagfknbdfb

skajgfheiruwahgtiueaangvd

See? I can do that, too!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-02, 23:25

Yeah, you are right up there with the best of us.

So looking over the map chunks with default textures next to ours I realize how much I can't stand glowstone in the default texture pack.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-04, 14:54

Quote:
… I realize how much I can't stand glowstone in the default texture pack.
No kidding.
isaboss1390

2016-04-05, 10:00

Quote:
... I realize how much I can't stand glowstone in the default texture pack.
Looks like a golden cobblestone. Pretty sucky tbh. Wish they would fix or change.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-05, 19:30

Guess that's why they allow custom texture packs, huh.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-05, 20:28

hmmm …
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-06, 15:08

So Brad, there is another issue with The End render. I'm not sure if it's the banners or end rods I put up the other day. Now something is Null pointer'ing again though. I'll try to get you a paste up so you can see if you can figure it out with the texture pack.

Maps are still not automated, I'm having a java issue that makes the maps only work correctly when I am at the Terminal and initiate the script. cron based automation is failing with a Java issue though. I know it has to do with the force upgrade to 1.8 and the Mac OS defaulting to 1.6 though. Specifics of it I have not yet ironed out though.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-06, 17:37

This is the most recent error. I'm going to remove changes I made in The End to try to narrow it down.
Code:
Error while trying to load chunk at (105, -4) from region /Volumes/Clean/Users/turtle2472/Dropbox/mc/world/DIM1/region/r.3.-1.mca java.lang.NullPointerException at tectonicus.raw.RawChunk.init(RawChunk.java:431) at tectonicus.raw.RawChunk.<init>(RawChunk.java:83) at tectonicus.Chunk.loadRaw(Chunk.java:82) at tectonicus.Region.loadChunk(Region.java:298) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:493) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:425) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.output(TileRenderer.java:236) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:925) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:1173) java.lang.NullPointerException at tectonicus.TileRenderer.findSigns(TileRenderer.java:545) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:503) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:425) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.output(TileRenderer.java:236) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:925) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:1173) java.lang.NullPointerException at tectonicus.TileRenderer.findPortals(TileRenderer.java:570) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:505) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:425) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.output(TileRenderer.java:236) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:925) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:1173) java.lang.NullPointerException at tectonicus.TileRenderer.findViews(TileRenderer.java:608) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:507) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.preProcess(TileRenderer.java:425) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.output(TileRenderer.java:236) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:925) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:1173) found 23500 chunks so far Found 23533 chunks in total Found 0 views Finding visible tiles... FindVisibleTiles 100% found 9399 total tiles to output Finding changed tiles since last render... FindChangedTiles Generating compass image... Generating portal image... Writing signs to /Volumes/Vault/MCMaps/an/Map3/signs.js Outputting players to /Volumes/Vault/MCMaps/an/Map3/players.js outputting turtle2472 outputting 709 Outputted 2 players Outputting beds to /Volumes/Vault/MCMaps/an/Map3/beds.js Outputted 0 beds Writing portals... Wrote 0 portals Writing views... Outputting block stats to /Volumes/Vault/MCMaps/an/Map3/blockStats.js Outputted 52 block counts Outputting world stats to /Volumes/Vault/MCMaps/an/Map3/worldStats.js Outputted world stats Finding changed views... Found 0 changed views (out of 0 total views) Drawing Day views... Drawing Night views... View rendering done! Tile cache directory found and is valid. Using cache at /Volumes/Vault/MCMaps/an/Cache/tileHashes/Map3/LayerG 100% FindChangedTiles took: 15.661 seconds RenderBaseTiles Base render is at zoom 23 with 512x512 tiles RenderBaseTiles Error while trying to load chunk at (105, -4) from region /Volumes/Clean/Users/turtle2472/Dropbox/mc/world/DIM1/region/r.3.-1.mca java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException at tectonicus.world.World.getBlockType(World.java:713) at tectonicus.blockTypes.BlockUtil.addSouth(BlockUtil.java:230) at tectonicus.blockTypes.SolidBlockType.addEdgeGeometry(SolidBlockType.java:125) at tectonicus.Chunk.createGeometry(Chunk.java:119) at tectonicus.world.World.draw(World.java:524) at tectonicus.world.World.draw(World.java:471) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.renderBaseTiles(TileRenderer.java:652) at tectonicus.TileRenderer.output(TileRenderer.java:297) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:925) at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:1173) Cleaning up... Writing player skin cache info (33 skins to write) 100% Player skin cache written Finished
Edit: I can confirm this issue is directly related to Lime Green banners I put on the front of the library in The End. I logged in, removed them and ran the maps again and it's no longer an issue. Maps are generating just fine now.

Last edited by turtle : 2016-04-06 at 20:11.
¡Damned!

2016-04-06, 21:17

That's truly odd... the End Cities have banners everywhere, so I wonder why a color might make a difference. It certainly shouldn't.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-06, 21:35

Thanks for the details, T! Interesting... I'll take a look at running on a local copy too to try to narrow down a more reliable fix.
isaboss1390

2016-04-07, 08:12

Quote:
Guess that's why they allow custom texture packs, huh.
Yeah this is why but that doesn't excuse shoddy artwork.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-04-07, 10:07

I can smell it coming.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-07, 11:47

So cynical...

It's ok. Me too.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-04-07, 12:24

Hey isaboss1390, your profile says you play Minecraft. How much? What version (console, PC/Mac, etc.) do you play? I'm assuming by now you have seen out maps we have for our community server.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-04-07, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I can smell it coming.
¡Damned!

2016-05-13, 19:33

Care to give the maps a bit of a butt-bump T? I've been camping out in the plains for 3 straight days and they haven't seen me.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-05-13, 21:31

I'm glad you said something. I've been running the maps but for some reason they haven't been copying over to the web server. Sorry about that, I'll see if I can get it fixed on there. It's good on my local copy, just not making it to the right server.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-05-14, 07:53

The maps have updated publicly. I'll keep an eye out for a while and make sure they stay updated as I'm running them. I can't automate them right now because of the Java update and headless system thing.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-10, 22:11

The maps a currently rendering the final render for 1.9. Tomorrow at some point I'll move it to the archive location and then start a fresh render with the new world. I'll also upgrade the map get program since it's due for an update. I'll post once it's completed it's first run. Also, look for the map URL to change from a redirect to this thread to actually being a map again.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-13, 13:07

I'm currently building the new maps for the 1.10.2 update. Once they are finished I'll sync them to the normal location. In the mean time, I'm copying over the last render of 1.9 and adding it to the list below. Here is a list of the archived maps to keep you from forgetting our past!

The above is a list of the worlds that are archived including prior to the most recent upgrade. I have also left The End and the Nether map to the list here even though they are out of date. Enjoy the archives once the final 1.9 has finished copying over. I'm going to leave same map live on the normal URL until I can run a new map generation on the new 1.10 world. I'll post more once it's updated.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-30, 17:49

Ok, new current work maps are syncing now. I know I've been horrible about this update and I apologize. Between a number of things in my life and the recent release of Pokemon Go...

Anyway, I have a placeholder page up for index.html right now but the finished should sync over before long. I'm not yet able to automate it like it was, though I'm going to continue to see if I can make it happen on Beast.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-07-30, 20:21

Thanks for the update, T!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-07-31, 21:52

No problem. The maps look to be updated now however there is a bug in the rendering that forces portals and beds to be displayed with no toggle. It is a known bug and should be getting corrected in the future. Sorry about the on-screen clutter. If the fix is going to be a while I'll hack the software and make it work.

Also, I should mention that updates are still not automated again. That is a whole other issue at hand. I made it one click icon easy for me though, so there is that.

¡Damned!

2016-10-11, 08:25

oi T, would you mind nudging the map? Seems to have stalled.

Also, (I've been wondering this but never asked) how are the maps for BP, Sedona, et al generated? Is there a backup copy of those worlds on the server, or are the maps standalone entities? Always been curious about that.

So it goes.