looks like a fun movie...at least from this horrid liberal

i'm sure the elitists or repubs won't like it much

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-06-03, 17:16

I'm getting no love from the site. Boooo! I guess all the enraged conservatives are taking all the bandwidth. Bastards!

If your desperate,here is a link to a torrent for the WMV trailer.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-06-03, 17:42

i also found a great movie for murbot (no, not that type of movie)...

canadians, beer and sadness.....

here

and no it is not strange brew

g
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-03, 18:07

The trailer was pretty good. Builds a lot of excitement and conveys what the thrust of the movie is going to be.

From MM's site he says that the movie is going to be on more screens opening weekend than any other documentary. It's going to be an interesting release. I'm sure that the GOP echo chamber will be up in arms about it and I'm sure the liberal media will be firing right back. The real test will be if it has any real impact on the highly coveted undecided voter.

My best guess is that Republicans will dismiss it entirely, Democrats will hail it as the greatest piece of cinema since Citizen Kane, and the rest of America will go on with their lives.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-03, 18:57

why wasn't the trailer hosted at www.apple.com/quicktime/trailers/ ?

there wouldn't have been any hosting problems if that was the case
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-03, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
why wasn't the trailer hosted at www.apple.com/quicktime/trailers/ ?

there wouldn't have been any hosting problems if that was the case
Because Apple is going to open a theme park in Florida and they're worried about Jeb cutting out their tax breaks.

Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-03, 19:15

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-03, 19:20

Elitists? Ha! As if.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-04, 13:19

Hey, Apple hosted that "dirty" video with the Smokin-hot™ women (now I started something!) who were using all sorts of powertools while gyrating, sweating and generally looking irresistable. No, not those sorts of powertools... you know... orbital sanders, hand-saws, jack hammers....

If they can host that, they can host the trailer for this movie!

...into the light of a dark black night.
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2004-06-04, 15:32

Settle

And Power Tools rock.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-04, 16:01

Argento knows what I'm talkin' about...

Last edited by Moogs : 2004-06-04 at 16:12.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-06-04, 16:16

best video evar!

g
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-04, 16:26

Quote:
"I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers... Thank you.
Now watch this drive."
G.W.Bush, in the middle of a game of golf...
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-04, 16:32

Quote:
Heaven forbid the man with the most stressful job in the world wants to have a little recreational time. Michael Moore is the king of making people look bad by taking things out of context. One of the many things I don't like about him. I respect him and his opinion, I enjoy his films, disagree with his viewpoints, but I think the man is a colossal idiot.

Come waste your time with me
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-04, 16:38

Then it's only appropriate he write a documentary about another colossal idiot.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-04, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Then it's only appropriate he write a documentary about another colossal idiot.

Touche.

Even though I like Bush, I had to laugh about that one.

What was that? Oh yeah...laughter, at least SOMEONE has a sense of humor...
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-04, 16:59

Quote:
makes it seem like a mel brooks parody or something.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-04, 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Heaven forbid the man with the most stressful job in the world wants to have a little recreational time. Michael Moore is the king of making people look bad by taking things out of context. One of the many things I don't like about him. I respect him and his opinion, I enjoy his films, disagree with his viewpoints, but I think the man is a colossal idiot.
I really don't get why people think moore is an idiot, obviously he's smart enough to know how to craft a movie that not only hits home with millions of people, but takes facts and fiction, truth and lies, and blurs them together in such a way that you don't necessarily know he did it(unless you've spent equal time that he has researching*).

it just doesn't make rational sense to call him an idiot, he's obviously doing SOMETHING right, he's made millions of dollars making documentaries fercrissakes!

I'm wagering it's another case of "he doesn't agree with me, so he's an idiot" mentality rearing it's illogical head.

on a side note, I think michael moore reminds me of a famous idiot, Peter Griffin, they are both fat, kind of scruffy, and they talk the same, the big difference is that moore knows what he's doing, for better or worse.

*which is another point entirely, the man spends lots of time researching, collaborating with people, meeting with people, reading..etc. a "colossal idiot" wouldn't go through the effort methinks.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-06-04, 17:55

Quote:
Heaven forbid the man with the most stressful job in the world wants to have a little recreational time.
a little recreational time?

one of the scenes in the film includes Moore detailing just how much time W has had off... spooky

I don't have the quote from the film handy, but the number is >40% between Inauguration and 9|11

No wonder the ship is drifting... captain is so rarely at the helm.
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-05, 00:14

Quote:
Heaven forbid the man with the most stressful job in the world wants to have a little recreational time.
well i'm not saying he shouldn't have leisure time... but given the content of the quote... you HAVE to admit that it is pretty ironic...

not to mention hilarious and somewhat hypocritical....

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-05, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
I'm wagering it's another case of "he doesn't agree with me, so he's an idiot" mentality rearing it's illogical head.
Not at all. I don't agree with him at all, but that has very little to do with why I called him an idiot

Seriously though. I don't like the way he manipulates people and has to be big and flashy about everything. Yes Michael, we see you, we get your point. No need to continuously parade around like an idiot doing what you do. You all remember his speech from the Oscars a year ago or so...that's what I'm talking about. It had nothing to do with the content of the speech, but the fact that he feels the need to present himself like that each and every time. It bothers me. That's all.

Come waste your time with me
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-05, 01:24

Quote:
Not at all. I don't agree with him at all, but that has very little to do with why I called him an idiot

Seriously though. I don't like the way he manipulates people and has to be big and flashy about everything. Yes Michael, we see you, we get your point. No need to continuously parade around like an idiot doing what you do. You all remember his speech from the Oscars a year ago or so...that's what I'm talking about. It had nothing to do with the content of the speech, but the fact that he feels the need to present himself like that each and every time. It bothers me. That's all.
Ah, your definition of idiot differs from mine. I call people like you described above(one or more of the following) goons, goobers, moops, toggles, voms, dweebs, stinky, toaster...etc
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-05, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
Ah, your definition of idiot differs from mine. I call people like you described above(one or more of the following) goons, goobers, moops, toggles, voms, dweebs, stinky, toaster...etc
Well, all those work, but I used idiot

Last edited by DMBand0026 : 2004-06-05 at 01:28. Reason: the dang smiley is broked
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-05, 01:34

Quote:
Well, all those work, but I used idiot
the REASON of course, that I don't use idiot, is because idiot implies that he has lesser intelligence(or more bluntly, is extremely stupid), which he obviously does not have, based on his accomplishments alone. Which is why I suggest that you lean to call him an idiot because you don't like him.(and you don't like him because of what he does, and you don't like what he does because it disagrees to your politics)
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2004-06-05, 07:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Argento knows what I'm talkin' about...

Every once and awhile you need power tools.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-05, 09:21

...lest you get no satisfaction.