User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.17 - Caves & Cliffs Update (Part I)!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.17 - Caves & Cliffs Update (Part I)!
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
arteggio

2021-10-01, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
On the bright side, that buys us more time to figure out what we're going to do with our current server world. Assuming the usual tools become available shortly after the 1.18 release, I'm still completely open to the idea of us beginning a whole new world and magicking some of our beloved structures over.
A new world sounds fun.

What's the chance of a copy of the current world being made available for archiving? I don't necessarily need my old structures copied over, but a decade's worth of digital artifacts produces a nostalgia that I'd like to tuck away in a folder.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-01, 13:36

There have been a number of requests for the world map and to my knowledge we have never provided them to the players. While I run the actual server I have left it really under Brad's discretion for most functions of it. I just started hosting it once the load was greater than the VPS could handle.

So, I'm going to wait for Brad to chime in on this one.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2021-10-06, 09:40

Only Bridgeport iirc, none of the other worlds. I boosted it up to 1.14 a while ago, maybe if I get some time soon I'll give a crack at getting it up to 1.17.

In other world upgrading news, mojang has said that when upgrading previous worlds to 1.18 (and the new world depth) they will just turn all bedrock from layers 0 to 4 into stone, and fill in world seed generation below that from -1 to -64. Easy enough I guess.

Also, Overworld seeds will generate completely different worlds in 1.18 compared to 1.17 and earlier, so maybe we keep our world seed? Could prevent the nether from getting the Cliffs of Jeb when we upgrade. 🤔

So it goes.