User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Craigslist is entertaining.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Craigslist is entertaining.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2008-10-16, 19:21

A friend of mine is selling his iMac on craigslist, it's a current model (he's in college and decided on a MBP instead.) And he's asking a very reasonable $900 for it. He recieved an email today from imacs_suck@yahoo.com with the title "IMacs blowpenis"

Quote:
IMacs fucking suck. Not even worth $900, or $300 for the matter.

For $1,281.73 you could have built a computer on newegg.com that is literally worth 6513084368 times better than those pieces of shit....that you call Macs. Are you fucking daft?

You = FAIL. ...owned...you dumb prick.
I wrote a rather enjoyable email back to him, feel free to join in. I was surprised though, he was (smart?) enough to create a separate email address.


jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2008-10-16, 19:28

I thought this was going to be a thread about other uses of Craig's List, but this is pretty good too.

I should email this guy and ask him to build me a $1300 computer that's worth $8,348,015,626,996.64 and then sell it and fix our economy. Sounds like a good deal to me.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2008-10-16, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
I wrote a rather enjoyable email back to him, feel free to join in. I was surprised though, he was (smart?) enough to create a separate email address.
When you argue with trolls, the trolls win.

Unrelated: is it just me or have you been missing for a while, WR?
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2008-10-16, 20:22

Yeah, been busy. It's my senior year in high school, and I've been looking for a job. I'm not into computers as much as I used to be, I didn't even have a Mac for a few months this summer. Plus I've really been into vehicles lately.

So, hi AppleNova!


thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2008-10-16, 20:27

Nice to see you back WR.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2008-10-16, 20:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
It's my senior year in high school.
My first semester of senior year, yeah, I did a lot of work. I wasn't even an AN member then, though.

Second semester I didn't do jack shit. I had already gotten into a great school and spent a whole lot of time with my then-new girlfriend (we broke up a while ago, though) and goofing off with my friends. It was great

And because of my excessive me-time, that's when I first really got into AN. It's hard to believe that was almost three years ago. I'm getting old.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-10-16, 20:28

Welcome back Mitch
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2008-10-16, 21:56

Good to see you back. Don't let people run you off this time. I enjoy reading your stuff most of the time.

As for the email, I'd leave them alone and just delete the message.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-10-16, 22:14

Not to jump on the WR lovin' bandwagon, but I'll echo what has already been said.

Good to have you back.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-10-16, 22:26

What is this ? A group hug or somethin

Anyway, yes, craiglist definitely sounds enterntaining But before deleting them, keep sharing.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2008-10-17, 07:14

Hey, it's Mitch!

I saw your name as the thread starter and I assumed this was some sort of thread necromancy. It never occurred to me that you had actually come back.

Welcome back!
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2008-10-17, 08:58

Welcome back, WR!
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

2008-10-21, 18:10

Thanks everyone. I'll try and stop by once and a while, I've been really busy lately and just haven't had a chance to post on the forums.

