Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Apple TV advertisements

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple TV advertisements
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-01-22, 03:20

I'm really happy to be based this side of the pond - but there's one thing I envy of you guys in the US: you get to see really cool Apple ads on TV.......

Just to compound my envy, can anyone tell me how often Apple runs TV campaigns, how good are they etc etc??

I take it it's not possible to get the Quicktime version somewhere?
jondaapplegeek

Send a message via MSN to jondaapplegeek Send a message via Skype™ to jondaapplegeek 
2005-01-22, 05:59

I noticed on ITV3 (i've just admitted that I watch ITV3 havent i ) that Microsoft have started advertising again. I havent personaly seen an advert for the company for a long time, so does this mean that they are trying to fight back Apple? Are they worried that the mini imac could be the tool Apple are needing? An as for the Apple Adverts, im not sure what you mean, but there are several adverts on the apple site in Quicktime format.
thequicksilver

Send a message via AIM to thequicksilver Send a message via MSN to thequicksilver Send a message via Skype™ to thequicksilver 
2005-01-22, 06:07

There's a good few hours' worth available here:

http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/movies.html
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-01-22, 06:35

Very cool.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-01-22, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondaapplegeek
I noticed on ITV3 (i've just admitted that I watch ITV3 havent i ) that Microsoft have started advertising again. I havent personaly seen an advert for the company for a long time, so does this mean that they are trying to fight back Apple? Are they worried that the mini imac could be the tool Apple are needing? An as for the Apple Adverts, im not sure what you mean, but there are several adverts on the apple site in Quicktime format.
quicksilver's link below is cool - looks of ghood QT. Have seen the ITV 3 Microsoft ads - all very sad stuff. Lots of poster ads too on the Paris metro. The ads just don't work because there's such a gap between product and ad - when did anyone get passionate about Windows other than to swear at it / sink into depression. The Redmond guys just don't get it.
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-01-24, 15:28

"The Lost 1984 Mac Video"
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-01-24, 15:45

Superb.

That looks like a keynote and a half! I get the feeling I am watching Mac legend here...

I was but a bulge in my mother's tummy...

bouncy bouncy
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-01-24, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSylvanus
Superb.

That looks like a keynote and a half! I get the feeling I am watching Mac legend here...

I was but a bulge in my mother's tummy...

You're right. I think this is a defining moment.