Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Someone forgot to tell those guys there's no G5 PB

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Someone forgot to tell those guys there's no G5 PB
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-01-04, 02:29

Funny beyond belief. Especially considering that the Intel announcement has been out for months already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayStar Technology
10. Why should I upgrade rather than Purchase a new PowerBook? ...snip....

3. Wait for the next great PowerBook jump before buying new. Apple's G5 PowerBooks are coming. In short, why buy a new PowerBook G4 today when the PowerBook with G5 will coming soon? Plus, you can get fast G4 performance for OS X now and can begin using the newest "fast G4" only Apps without waiting.
Linky

Last edited by Banana : 2006-01-04 at 02:36.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-01-04, 02:32

Link doesn't work.... Not in my version of Safari anyway..

In fact the link looks like this!!!!

http://whyshould%20i%20upgrade%20rat...%20powerbook/?
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-01-04, 02:35

Weird! Almost as if they had anti-mocking device in place...

Fixed the link. Somewhat I didn't copy it right so it was like url="why upgrade powerbooks?" how hell did that link to Wisc.... I'll never know.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-01-04, 02:38

They could probably sell that *device* to several political parties for their own web sites....
shatteringglass

2006-01-04, 02:40

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-01-04, 02:44

Now, if they did sell those, they'd be ridiculously rich and wouldn't be bothering with upgrade markets anymore, would they?

Which of course explains them being totally clueless about G5 PB
Dave
Ninja Editor

2006-01-04, 02:57

I sent them an email with the subject, "Maybe you didn't get the memo," and explained in small words why they should update their site. Now I feel like an ass though.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-01-04, 03:12

No need to. I imagine they'll feel more assine than you're feeling now.

If nothing else, you tried to be nice, which everyone could use more of.
m4hl3r

2006-01-04, 08:38

I just told an other guy in another forum this. So I'll just paste it in. It should give all you (newbies out there thinking there's another "normal-not-intelbased" PowerBook coming.) the knowledge you need. There's not coming another PowerBook with the same old CPU! Just read and get the knowledge into that bigboned head of yours

- quotation starting here -

Well. I'm new here at AppleNova.com, but I've been at Appleinsider.com for quite a while.

We have also had this discussion many times, but everytime we came to this conclusion : ››If you need it right now, go buy it. The PB / IB / Mini or whatever, that's in the market atm. is good - really good. But the PB is rather outdated, but is still good if you compare it to other laptops. But if you can wait 1 month of two, then wait. MWSF (MacWorld San Francisco) is coming up really soon - starting 9th of January. (In this case, it's a matter of 5 days, that should be possible.)

And if some of you are wondering "why on earth should I wait to MWSF? Let me say this, 1) there have been rumours about Apple switching to Intel - which would have them faster, a lot in fact. 2) PB might be 20 - 25 % slimmer. 3) It might get intigrated a webcam - iSight 4) New design?

I would bet $100 on the PB will get a opdate really soon. Some are saying that it's the IB that will get opdated first, which I find - rather stupid. Because, if the IB would get a opdate before the PB, it would - with out a doubt - be able to outpreform the PB. Because the IB is addressed to students or to low-power-needed-things, and the PB is addressed to pros - Graphic Designers etc. So we will see a PowerBook and iBook later or iBook and a PowerBook along or in a very short period of time after the iBook or neither of them. But it is possible that we will see that iBook and first see a opdated PowerBook later on, because Apple might wait untill Meron is avaliable. (pwnage ? )

So, if you need a PowerBook right now, and you can't wait untill the 9th, then go buy one, but if you can wait, then wait. You can see if Steve Jobs will anounce a Intelbased PowerBook at MWSF and if he don't, then go buy. I personally think it would be c r a z y to go out and buy one now so close to MWFS, but again, it's your choise.

But then again, how long will it take to it starts to ship? Only Apple know that. But it might start the day after. But a friendly advise, don't buy rev. A (By that I mean, when it just comes out, wait untill it have been tested and maybe opdated to fix possible flaws. Remember, this Intel switch is a BIG thing, so there will without a doubt be some complications that Apple will need to be solved.)

I hope this post can help you jevau and you others out there asking yourself the same question. If not, just ask me and I'll try to explain it to you - it can be rather hard to understand.

Well folks, Happy NewYear and remember to look out for MacWorld

BTW, one last thing, if anyone of you live in San Francisco - GO TO MWSF, it's going to be wild

M4hl3r

- quotation ending here -
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-01-04, 08:43

And that quotation has what exactly to do with this topic?