AppleNova Forums » Programmer's Nook »

Cocoa/Objective-C book

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Cocoa/Objective-C book
iGrant

Send a message via AIM to iGrant  
2006-01-04, 14:41

Hey,

I am currently a software engineer right now and the university that I am at does not offer any classes on programming for the macintosh platform (of which I am both a user and an addict ). I have just recently bought two programming books that are kind of accomplishing what I want but they both assume you already know C of which I know nothing about really, except for the fact that you have to deal with the memory allocation unlike Java (I am not saying that is a bading thing ).

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you out there knows of a good book and or online tutorial that could possible teach me both Cocoa and C/Objective-C at the same time. I have written one program with Cocoa/Objective-C and I love Xcode, I really want to develop software for OS X, but I do not have the knowledge to develop the ideas that I have right now which is extremely frustrating . If anyone here could direct me to a good website and or book that would teach me both that would be HIGHLY appreciated . Thank you so much!

-iGrant

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-01-04, 14:54

Welcome to AppleNova, iGrant!

Please remember to search and browse the forum before creating new threads. On the next page of this forum is a thread answering this same question:

Learning Cocoa?

I'm closing this thread; please continue in the one linked above.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.