Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Squeaky iBook palmrest?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Squeaky iBook palmrest?
Christoph

2005-08-12, 19:54

Hi again!

So I've had this iBook for a week now. I've read on many reviews that Apple notebooks are very "solid" feeling, and don't creak like cheap PC notebooks. Well, my iBook has a sqeaky palmrest. The left palmrest creaks when you put weight on it.

Additionally, the left side of the mouse button is either hung up on something, or it rubs with the frame on the way down. It doesn't click smoothly. Sometimes it doesn't click down on the first press. The right side of it does, so maybe it's just off center.

Anyway, I know it's a minor complaint, but it's kind of driving me nuts. I can't stop hammering at the button, or stop pressing at the palm rest to try to force the source of the sqeak out. Can anyone recommend a self-remedy? I imagine going to the apple store and explaining my story would get a blank stare from the repair folks.
Louie
I hate content

Send a message via AIM to Louie Send a message via MSN to Louie  
2005-08-12, 20:20

lol, i dont know about the palmrest but my old ibook g3 had the same thing going on with the mouse button when i got it
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-08-13, 02:37

Make sure all the screws are nice and tight, sometimes a loose screw can make things a little unstable or squeaky.

And Louie, please...for my own sanity and for everyone's sake, use some punctuation, grammar, correct spelling...ect. Thanks

Come waste your time with me
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-08-13, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
And Louie, please...for my own sanity and for everyone's sake, use some punctuation, grammar, correct spelling...ect. Thanks
Hear, hear. It's painful to read things like that and it feels like going back to a fifth-grade reading/writing level.

Which reminds me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posting Guidelines
The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose, edit (before and after posting), ...
Emphasis mine. ++
HezMah19
Formerly "jmahe19"

Send a message via AIM to HezMah19  
2005-08-13, 02:59

lol,

interestingly, my dads iBook G4 does the same thing, its rather squeeky indeed...but the mouse button is fine however.