Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

MBP: Anybody buy a refurb yet?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MBP: Anybody buy a refurb yet?
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-04-28, 15:56

I'm going to be in position to buy a new laptop in the next couple of weeks, and I've decided the MacBook Pro is the best choice for me. I mostly weighed it against what we know or expect from the non-pro version. I'm going with the pro for the larger screen real-estate, as well as for the faster Core Duo and better graphics (I want to play games in Windows, including UT2004, and I don't want to have to settle for subpar performance). My question is this: I'm either going to buy the 1.83 GHz MBP brand new or the 2.0 GHz refurbished. The 2.0 has twice the RAM, a larger hard drive, and double the video memory.

I want to know what kind of luck people have had with the MBP refurbs so far. I bought my Rev. A Mac mini (which may go up in the bazaar soon) refurbished, so I have no problem with buying a refurb in general. I'm wondering, have people been having heat and noise issues with the refurb models, or did the firmware update pretty much take care of such problems?

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317