User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Cool New Accessories!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Cool New Accessories!
Compsara16

2006-09-29, 09:45

I love Apple iPods and have been working to develop my own accessories line. Most recently I've been working on a case for the new video iPod. However I don't know how to get a deal with Apple. Does anyone know how I go about getting Apple to endorse my product - do I need to pay a royalty, can I get it discounted if I sell them a lot of cases, will Apple help me market it (monetarily), what percent would I have to pay Apple of my MSRP, do I have to meet specific Apple guidelines in production, etc.? I know it's a lot of questions but I really want to get into this and I've been having trouble getting through to Apple. Thanks!
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-09-29, 09:57

do you have a manufacturer....

i suggest using alibaba if you want it made REALLY cheaply since AliBaba is a B2B network based in China...... however, you really need to be business smart to work over there without getting screwed....

you can also try Thomson Directories for B2B if you are going to try to get them made in the US or at least deal with a US rep.

you pay about $4 per unit to use the Made for iPod logo.....
Compsara16

2006-09-29, 10:08

what do you mean i pay $4 per unit to use the made for ipod logo? what is that? and do i have to have it?
intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-09-29, 10:35

i don't think you have to have it, but if you want to advertise it as "made for iPod" you have to pay royalties..... plus i don't think you can get stocked in the apple store without it.

that's all i really know about it