User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Microsoft Used Illegal Software to Make XP Sounds

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Microsoft Used Illegal Software to Make XP Sounds
JK47

2004-11-28, 21:24

So, how many of you are on windows? And how many of you on windows hate that stupid crappy useless microsoft sound editor... well it appears that microsoft also hate it.

While casually browsing the internet looking for interesting stories i came across a screenshot and a small article on slashdot.org the screenshot is this one:

(picture)

Now look at the marked bit, oh my, it looks like sound forge 4.5 was used to make this wave file. this microsoft wavefile thats in your xp folder "Windows\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\W av"
Now look at the word "deepz0ne" hmm that looks like a username to me, and its true sound forge leaves the registered username at the end of all its files...

deepz0ne, that sounds familiar, isnt that the name of the guy who set up his own warez group devoted to audio utilities... my god, it is.... Microsoft have used a cracked version of sound forge to make this!!!

Microsoft messing with small company like sonic foundry, well thats nothing for M$ to worry about, but guess who bought sonic foundry.... SONY! a company easily big enough to take on microsoft.

i hope this comes back to bite billy boy in the ass (after i felt guilty for having an illegal copy of windows.... not anymore!

Last edited by JK47 : 2004-11-28 at 21:36.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-11-28, 21:27

XP should be illegal in itself. And we all know by now that Microsoft is above the law.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-11-28, 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
XP should be illegal in itself. And we all know by now that Microsoft is above the law.
LOL illegal, but yeah, point taken.

wtf is Windows anyway? It's such a ridiculous VERSION of a GUI.