User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Programmer's Nook »

best way to for newbie to add easy-to-update page to css-built site?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
best way to for newbie to add easy-to-update page to css-built site?
malcolm

2010-03-28, 20:48

Hi there,
I'm a long-time Mac user who doesn't have ANY experience with programming (nor do I have the brain power for it)... so I'm in need of advice.
A few months ago I hired a guy to build my web site, and I think he used CSS or CSS+, including .swf and .fla files. He has since left the business. He has promised to give me all the web files so I can get someone else to update it occasionally.
I've talked with someone who says she can do just that, but at a cost of a couple hundred dollars every time I want to update the site (add some new videos I've shot and edited, change some text, etc.), it's going to be too expensive for me to do as often as I'd like.
So I'd appreciate some advice. I don't want the whole site re-done so that I can update it myself (I would just mess it up), but if I could make part of one page easily up-dateable by me (using iWeb or perhaps Dreamweaver, whichever is easier) that would be good. Can this be done, so that this one page still has the same banner and basic layout as the other CSS pages, but parts of it are very easily up-dateable by me?
Thanks, Malcolm