User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Apologies

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Apologies
Atariboy

2011-06-11, 22:39

Hey y'all, just a quick update and several apologies.

First off- yes I'm still alive. I'm working on a little something out by my place out there by flaming mountain.

Now to the apologies- today I was getting ready for my business trip, and while my son is usually pretty good about not going "on the letters" (meaning the server), today he got loose.

I decided to give him a chance- rules were- no "stuff taking" and "don't blow anything up".

I had the inventory full, so I don't think he stole anything, but some damage to the skyway was done at the junction by flaming mountain.

This also caused my death, but I got my stuff back and logged off back at my place.

I was going to write here about plans, how to fix, etc, but got sidetracked with laundry downstairs.

Here's the cool part- while I was downstairs tied up, he logged back on, ran to the place where he did the damage, and fixed the skyway.

You read that right- a 3 1/2 year old kid fixed the damage he caused (using a patchwork of dirt, glass, and wool). At least in part.

While the walkway was fixed, the rail station underneath is still damaged.

I will attempt to fix this either later tonight or tomorrow, but as of right now, he's in a "blocks time out".

He was also running around other people's places, but while I was watching he was good to not damage anything. However, that being said, if you have any damage, please let me know, and I'll fix it.

Owen says he's sorry, and he won't do it again.

Sorry guys.
¡Damned!

2011-06-12, 10:44

Just logging in for a sec I found some skyway & fence damage around FM, missing blocks in the green house/mushroom farm and my pool was partly filled in with stone (wtf?). There may be more, but I didn't poke around too much outside of the compound. I repaired it all, so don't worry about that. It wasn't a lot of damage.

That said, next time it's shoot first, ask if it was you or him later.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-12, 16:53

I didn't realize there were any 3 year olds (besides me) running around on the server. It is cool that he's starting to understand the idea of making repairs, but the password thing is a good idea. I know that Brad can roll back certain chunks but it's a chore for him and some of the artistry demonstrated by some of our best builders would be a shame to lose

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-06-29, 13:01

So I don't know if this is technically an apology or what, but to whoever the project fairy is (assuming Brad), sorry I've not yet been able to properly thank you for your help. Been away with a death in a friend's family, funerals, etc. I appreciate the efforts!

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-29, 13:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
So I don't know if this is technically an apology or what, but to whoever the project fairy is (assuming Brad), sorry I've not yet been able to properly thank you for your help. Been away with a death in a friend's family, funerals, etc. I appreciate the efforts!
Gladly! I was looking for something constructive to do until I come up with my Next Big Project. I basically took the template I saw you were using with the other rooms and stamped it out through the rest of the foundations. If any of it doesn't fit the design you had in mind, don't hesitate to point it out and I'll tear them down to save you the trouble.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-06-29, 13:27

Most of it is perfect. Not all the rooms need windows, but I can adjust as necessary. I *really* appreciate it, Brad. I'm trying to finish the Generator Room while I have a moment.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
¡Damned!

2011-08-18, 22:22

I went by this yesterday after a player commented on how they were traveling by rail and got borked – and it's still not fixed. wtf? Is Atari still on? Haven't seen him or his griefer son lately (thankfully, for the latter). I'll fix it next weekend when I have the time, but I want to comment on what bad form this is from an otherwise great group of players. If you break it, fix it. If you don't know how, say something. If you think your son is impressive because he put a few blocks in place, think of how impressive he would be if he didn't wander around destroying shit.

So it goes.