AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

PSP - Your thoughts?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
PSP - Your thoughts?
HezMah19
Formerly "jmahe19"

Send a message via AIM to HezMah19  
2005-09-02, 07:30

Yea, I've had my PSP for 2 days now, and I think its awesome as, I'm wondering if anybody else has one and what they think of it!

I was browsing Nova at school yesterday on it ...dam teachers try and watch what I'm doing when I use the PowerBook, I can conceal the PSP from them

jmahe19

jm.
KillleriMac17

2005-09-02, 10:27

I have one it is great, and if you get pspware, it is even better, mac osx style syncing with your psp.
tannenhauser

2005-09-02, 11:15

is psp like playstation 2 or is it like playstation 1?
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2005-09-02, 13:51

i got the psp. its great but the lack of games made me also get a DS (Nintendogs). Starting september though a lot of games are coming out on the PSP so thats really cool. Today I even got an email from Sony telling me I am going to be a beta tester for SOCOM.

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's
sCreeD

Send a message via AIM to sCreeD  
2005-09-02, 14:01

Me too. I got the beta test email yesterday.

Web browsing is... decent. Text input is annoying. A thumbboard would be nice. At university here I have to log in via the web to use the wireless network.

Screed With Teeth
rasmits
rams it

2005-09-02, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillleriMac17
I have one it is great, and if you get pspware, it is even better, mac osx style syncing with your psp.
PSPware is perfect in every way.

I'm really happy with my PSP, I think Sony did a good job. I just wish it were possible to rent the UMD videos at Blockbuster or something, because I'm not paying $20 for a movie when I could pay the same price for the DVD...
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2005-09-02, 14:32

I don't own one myself, but I LOVE the screen on the PSP.
Such a refreshing change from the small screens on most hand held gaming devices.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-09-02, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits
PSPware is perfect in every way.

I'm really happy with my PSP, I think Sony did a good job. I just wish it were possible to rent the UMD videos at Blockbuster or something, because I'm not paying $20 for a movie when I could pay the same price for the DVD...
You can rent UMD movies as well as PSP games through GameFly.com.

I got the PSP last Spring so I could show pics and movies of my son to coworkers. I also wanted to be able to play games. So far Lumines has gotten most of my gaming attention but it's getting a bit ... repetitive. I have Twisted Metal: Head On and it's cool, but my thumb gets fried after playing for a bit.

I'm hoping a decent RPG will come out soon. I was pretty much sold on Coded Arms until the reviews came out. Most places rated it 5/10 and it takes a lot for these game rating places to rate a game as sucky as that.
HezMah19
Formerly "jmahe19"

2005-09-02, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannenhauser
is psp like playstation 2 or is it like playstation 1?
Apparently the PSP's graphics can match and possibly even better the PS2's Graphics, cant remember where i read it, will look for a link...

edit:
Quote:
Christ Charla (of the development outfits Digital Eclipse and now Backbone Entertainment) said at the handheld's tech demonstration unveiling conference: "Polygon for polygon, PSP has more power than PS2 ... A huge number of effects that are given to you in software on PS2 are available in hardware on PSP."
Linkie

Last edited by HezMah19 : 2005-09-02 at 21:24.
womblingfree

2005-09-02, 21:35

If it had a decent sized hard drive it would be essential.

With its current reliance on memory sticks it cant fulfill its potential.
HezMah19
Formerly "jmahe19"

2005-09-02, 23:54

The memory sticks are available up to 1GB and are hot swappable, however I agree, a HD would have been cool.

I spose' that would have lowered the Battery life though?

jm.
rasmits
rams it

2005-09-06, 14:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahe19
I spose' that would have lowered the Battery life though?
Plus weight, and cost.

I heard the next "revision" of the PSP is supposed to have a HD, but a change that big would most likely be a PSP 2 not a PSP 1.5...