Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Made my own iPod Ad

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Made my own iPod Ad
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2005-03-09, 16:15

As a project in my film class we had to make a comercial. So guess what I chose? Hehe. I think it's O.K. for two weeks worth of work. The biggest downfall is that the iPod our dancers were holding on to was impossible to key out thus it is just dancing people.

It's advertising a Wireless iPod. Enjoy.

http://homepage.mac.com/nato64/film/...Theater64.html
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-03-09, 16:21

wow. that was actually really good.

excellent work, and tell your dancers they did a wonderful job. how was your movie received in class?

(oh, and welcome!)
nato64

2005-03-09, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
wow. that was actually really good.

excellent work, and tell your dancers they did a wonderful job. how was your movie received in class?

(oh, and welcome!)
thank you! my teacher likes it but she lives under a rock and wants us to add like 3d text, maybe show the real people and not silhouettes, and other very un-apple stuff. sigh. but the rest of the class ignores me and my partner cuz we've been doing film for three years now
zman2005

2005-03-09, 16:27

wow that was awsome, yes I am too interested and seeing what the grade you recieved on it?
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-03-09, 17:24

Great! Maybe you could have ended with the end of that BEP song—you know, with the fade out—rather than a dead stop? But yeah, dancing, production—very slick.

bouncy bouncy
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-03-09, 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato64
thank you! my teacher likes it but she lives under a rock and wants us to add like 3d text
Nothing says professionalism like 3D text...

Sorry I can't watch it right now but I will as soon as I get home! I'm at work right now and the crappy machine I'm stuck on doesn't have QuickTime (or speakers, for that matter).
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-03-10, 11:36

WOW... very nicely done. This one was pretty good also. Messiatosh should take some notes. (Damn I wish I could create video like that...)
sildani

Send a message via AIM to sildani  
2005-03-10, 11:44

That is pretty good!
Performa636CD

2005-03-10, 16:05

Quote:
thank you! my teacher likes it but she lives under a rock and wants us to add like 3d text, maybe show the real people and not silhouettes, and other very un-apple stuff. sigh. but the rest of the class ignores me and my partner cuz we've been doing film for three years now
Apparently she missed the whole point as if she never saw the original Apple iPod ads.

anyhoo, great job and i thought all these guys here were just being polite with their comments...
nomorewindows

2005-03-10, 16:10

NICE! I give you an A+
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-03-10, 16:11

First Rate

as is rest of site

Last edited by Franz Josef : 2005-03-10 at 16:22.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-10, 16:20

It was well-done, no doubt, but not very original. But it did look like a real iPod ad, if that was the goal.
¡Damned!

2005-03-10, 16:26

Well done, Nate! There's some other really nice stuff there as well.

Out of curiousity, what software were you using to do the key? Commotion? After Effects? Something else?

Welcome to AN.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2005-03-10, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
It was well-done, no doubt, but not very original.
True, but I guess I was looking at it more as a homage. He's definitely got a good eye for when to cut, and had some pretty fun 'head bobbing' and such you'd never see in a 'real' iPod ad.

So it goes.
nato64

2005-03-10, 21:12

Quote:
It was well-done, no doubt, but not very original. But it did look like a real iPod ad, if that was the goal.
haha yeah it wasn't supposed to be an original. just a fun project on the side. thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
Well done, Nate! There's some other really nice stuff there as well.

Out of curiousity, what software were you using to do the key? Commotion? After Effects? Something else?

Welcome to AN.
I used Final Cut Pro 3 for everything but the camera was a Canon XL-1 (god bless school funds). I would have used FCP4 but I only have it on my home computer.
nato64

2005-03-10, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef
First Rate

as is rest of site
thanks for checking out some of my other work! but you might want to start off by going to my real website, Orloffilm.com
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-10, 21:17

nato64, I realize I may have come off a bit harsh in my first post. I thought it was VERY well done. Professional and with the exception of the lack of an iPod, it could have been done by Apple. (You should have made it an ad for the invisiblePod. )
¡Damned!

2005-03-10, 21:18

Quote:
I used Final Cut Pro 3 for everything but the camera was a Canon XL-1 (god bless school funds). I would have used FCP4 but I only have it on my home computer.
Ah. I didn't realize FCP had that kind of keyer. I only use FCP for capture/layoff from/to Digi and such. Commotion's keyer is really quite nice (although it's languished under the thumb of Pinnacle) and now that After Effects has incorporated Keylight it's becoming more and more useful for that sort of thing.

Anyways, nice work.

So it goes.
nato64

2005-03-10, 21:21

Quote:
nato64, I realize I may have come off a bit harsh in my first post. I thought it was VERY well done. Professional and with the exception of the lack of an iPod, it could have been done by Apple. (You should have made it an ad for the invisiblePod. )
i didn't think you came off harsh. it's all good. yeah, i tried to key out the iPod but it was just too close to the dancers' skin tone. thank you!
nato64

2005-03-10, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
Ah. I didn't realize FCP had that kind of keyer. I only use FCP for capture/layoff from/to Digi and such. Commotion's keyer is really quite nice (although it's languished under the thumb of Pinnacle) and now that After Effects has incorporated Keylight it's becoming more and more useful for that sort of thing.

Anyways, nice work.
hmm. yeah, i love FCP. never worked with any effects programs like After Effects or Commotion but sounds cool. But I hate Pinnacle... eww. Or at least i think thats the one i hated. or maybe avid... i don't remember
¡Damned!

2005-03-10, 21:25

It was Avid. Trust me.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-03-10, 21:51

Very nice, some of the dancers are a little bit lame(not so much in what they are doing but it looks like they weren't really putting that much into it), but in general it's very solid.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-03-10, 22:02

My main suggestion would be to replace the "Let's Get It Started" song with the original one, "Let's Get Retarded." Because come on, the BEP obviously tweaked the lyrics because Apple didn't want to have a song called "Let's Get Retarded" in their promo videos.

I loved the breakdancing moves. Some of the dancing was a bit slow, yeah, but mostly it was very good.