User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 4 of 28 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Last Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2011-07-27, 21:10

Cool. I'm pretty excited about it, but it's going to take a while to complete. It's definitely the biggest thing I've ever done in MC by at least x4. But it's the gift that will keep on giving, too, so there's that.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-07-27, 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
It's definitely the biggest thing I've ever done in MC by at least x4.
Wow.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-07-28, 00:28

Sounds good to me, 709.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-07-28, 16:41

I think I'm probably the nearest neighbour with my little sub pen in Blackrock Bay, but I dont see any issues.

The weird little hut on the hill to the south was made by me and Drew and Rwody while out on an adventure. You're welcome to destroy it. There's a skeleton spawner under the sand to the south-east that I had the idea of making into an arrow/bonemeal farm but I havent ever got round to. If the mood takes you, feel free to take it over.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-07-28, 17:41

Maybe you should just unearth the spawner so that it's a place to go play at nighttime.....

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-08, 00:29

I haven't seen anyone claim it, so is it cool if I build something small in the space next to the BP School for the Gifted? Where it sort of slopes down into that desert?

I made it flat up to the intersection, and I made a tentative outline where I wanted to build, but if someone had already claimed that spot lemme know and I'll tear it all down super quick.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-23, 03:24

Land grab! Seems no one else has taken up camp in the swamplands southeast of the most recent spawn near Three Peaks. gerlocian's last known position was under an adjacent mountain, but I don't expect he'll mind having an aboveground neighbor since he'll probably be mostly underground.

Objections?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-23, 17:55

Land grab seems fine, Brad. I'd like to make one, too, but mine's pending the exploration of that portion to see how big the ocean is.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-11-23, 20:42

Next time Turtle runs the map you should see a fair bit of that ocean. It's pretty big - I sailed out a good way (about twice the view distance on "far") before hitting a long skinny island. Not sure what's beyond that - I caught a glimpse of some swampland - but the ocean is a good size.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-24, 01:32

Okay, I'm gonna lay claim to it in that case. Especially if there is eventual swamp. That would be perfect for what I have in mind.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-11-24, 02:50

I have a small item built due west of my current position, but if it's in the way, it's not that big and easily moved.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-11-24, 03:37

I've set up shop in the plains area in what used to be SW of the map. I'll post a screenshot soon to better illustrate.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-11-24, 23:11

Does anyone have any objections to me setting up shop over here?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-24, 23:40

No objection here!
¡Damned!

2011-12-06, 21:48

Bumping this for a new claim and because the thread seems to have been forgotten about.

I'm calling the mushroom island in the NE and turning into the Mooshroom Natural Preserve. At most I may build a nether-rail to it and turn one of the natural caves into a Visitor Center, but that's it.

Please, no structures, no torches and no mining. If you must get your kicks by killing innocent Mooshrooms then travel to one of the other mushroom islands.

"Leave only footprints, take only memories" or whatever that hippie saying is.

Though, I'm far from a hippie, so the rule here is that if you kill a Mooshroom I will kill you and feed them your loot.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-12-15, 00:23

So I was wondering if anybody had claimed this peninsula thing south of the Post Office.

It looks like someone has already started terraforming it, I guess it was Ely? I just wanted to know if it is already claimed.

I'm assuming it is, because it's a pretty cool spot and I'm late to the party, but I didn't see anything here, so just in case...

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-12-15, 02:06

I think Ely may have already had plans for that spot, Robo. There's plenty of space in the desert portion just west of me, if you'd like, and I'd be happy to help terraform it.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-12-15, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
So I was wondering if anybody had claimed this peninsula thing south of the Post Office.

It looks like someone has already started terraforming it, I guess it was Ely? I just wanted to know if it is already claimed.

I'm assuming it is, because it's a pretty cool spot and I'm late to the party, but I didn't see anything here, so just in case...
I started terraforming it, but I'm not going to build on it. It's yours, Robo, I'll stop working there. I've got plenty of land to work on between my western outpost and the future rink complex even further out west.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-12-15, 13:02

woot! Thx for the quick reply ^^

I really like that spot. It's, like, three fourths of an island!

Now, what to build...hmm...
¡Damned!

2011-12-15, 13:56

So, I was thinking about the Museum Complex over in BP and the possibility of someday getting it moved over to TN. In scouring the map the only place I've found that seems to work is a swampy/plain area E of Old Spawn:

Just wanted to put that out there while there's nothing over that way (yet). I may need to take down one of the hills depending on orientation, but that's not a huge deal. Brad - when you move structures from one world to the next is the direction fixed, or is it possible to rotate?

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-15, 14:16

Good bump, 709. I may drag in some posts from the other thread(s) to here.

Yes, I can rotate structures around the Y axis in 90-degree increments. Rotation and translation sometimes causes torches and paintings to pop off, and sometimes it can cause stairs blocks to face the wrong direction. Otherwise, it's fine as long as we don't mind waiting for the world to CHURN CHURN CHURN while it processes.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-12-15, 19:37

I'd like a small plot in-town at TerraNova, but I want more than one plot.

I want to divvy up some plots along an area that would have small properties, in rows or wards, to encourage dense, in-town properties. Small apartments, with architectural quality. A "tony" part of the town.

Talking to grey about details now.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-12-15, 20:40

Well that happened pretty fast!!

Grey and I are selling SIX (actually five now, I bought one) in-town homes around the historic TerraNova Quad. Each lot is EIGHT (get it?) blocks square and the HOA states that you cannot (for the time being) build a basement. The use of modern architecture is encouraged, but not a requirement. Please deposit 800,000 glowstone in the community storage if you'd like to purchase one.

Or ask nicely.

Hurry, they're going fast!!!

Note: existing roadways are meant to continue on and around this development.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-12-15, 20:55

No Digging In Those Plots!!!!!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-12-15, 20:59

I will build one of the city houses, if that's okay. My peninsula home is a bit farther away than I thought, and I would like a little pied-á-terre in the city.

Also, your screen shots are really big.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

2011-12-15, 22:56

Quote:
So, I was thinking about the Museum Complex over in BP and the possibility of someday getting it moved over to TN. In scouring the map the only place I've found that seems to work is a swampy/plain area E of Old Spawn:
<snip>
Just wanted to put that out there while there's nothing over that way (yet). I may need to take down one of the hills depending on orientation, but that's not a huge deal. Brad - when you move structures from one world to the next is the direction fixed, or is it possible to rotate?
So you may have noticed there is a rink location to the west. Pick the night layer on the map and you can see.

Significant terraforming needs to take place first, but please no building in the western snow biome without checking first.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-12-16, 00:21

Bruce I'm out at a waffle house after doing trader Vic's tonight. I've made part of the HOA that you cant have a basement!!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-17, 23:42

Looks fine by me!

edit: Or not! Looks like 709 already claimed that area.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

2011-12-17, 23:47

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I've got a claim I would like to make.

Likely not going to need the entirety of this area, but this swamp would be appreciated.

Errrrr. Duke it out you two.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-12-18, 00:25

Grey wins it!