User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 6 of 28 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  Next Last Thread Tools
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-01-23, 00:25

Ah, missed that. Option A is better for me!
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-01-23, 00:46

I am building a railway that goes through here if anyone wants me to link up a station/tunnel:

drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-01-23, 00:59

I was only kidding, as the thing was in the middle of the ocean

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-01-23, 01:59

Ah, ok! My sarcasm detector might need some fine tuning. Option A it is!
fireflygirl1

2012-01-25, 22:41

I like living on the edge and would like to build a neat little compound on this island... anyone mind?

sachmo1337

2012-01-26, 15:20

I'd like to claim the red area on the map and to the right of it up to the ocean. I did a quick scan of this post to see if anyone has claimed it yet and didn't notice anyone wanting it. I couldn't edit the area I wanted for some reason and save it. My PC is terrible. =(
sachmo1337

2012-01-26, 15:40

ok so I can't attach pictures for some reason. I wanted to know about claiming a piece of land. It's south, south east of Turtle. where that piece of mountain, the river, and snow forest all meet. =) Hopefully I described that well enough lol.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-01-26, 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo1337 View Post
Hopefully I described that well enough lol.
Posting images would probably be better...it's pretty easy; do you have a Dropbox account? That's probably the easiest way: you just upload your images to your Dropbox -> Public folder and Dropbox.com gives you a URL you can use to display the images here using our Insert Image button (the one that looks like a Polaroid). If you don't have a Dropbox account, I can give you a referral link and we both get bonus space, haha

If you're on a Mac you can use the built-in Preview application to take screen shots of sections of our map (File -> Take Screenshot -> From Selection... ), and then annotate the screen shot with circles, arrows, and text (Tools -> Annotate). If you're on a Windows PC, you could probably use the Print Screen key and scribbles in MS Paint?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
sachmo1337

2012-01-26, 16:22

"posting rules = you may not post attachments".... =( I've taken a sc of it and marked it on the pic. So I think it's not on my end but on the permissions end of it. I'll try what you said and let you know if it works.
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-01-26, 16:27

Yeah, most of us have to link to images offsite - I'm pretty sure only admins, mods, and maybe a few other people have the ability to actually attach files (I know that I sure don't).
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-01-26, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Yeah, most of us have to link to images offsite - I'm pretty sure only admins, mods, and maybe a few other people have the ability to actually attach files (I know that I sure don't).
Ayup. Attaching an image to a forum post uploads it to the forum's server; this uses up AppleNova's resources (and probably opens up a legal can of worms). When you see users post images, satchmo, they're hosting the images elsewhere (such as Dropbox) and using the Insert Image button to link to them. You don't need permission to post attachments to do so.

A public Dropbox URL looks like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26616034/hogwartsclaimday.png

Which, when pasted into the Insert Image field, looks like this:

I hope my Dropbox isn't being as wonky for everyone else today as it is for me, 'cause that would be embarrassing. Too many images in the other thread, perhaps.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
sachmo1337

2012-01-26, 16:57

Finally got it. =D TY sir I used my photobucket account. I'm on linux and was having trouble with drop box.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-01-28, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflygirl1 View Post
I like living on the edge and would like to build a neat little compound on this island... anyone mind?

Got a broken image here. Try again?
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2012-02-17, 22:34

not sure if this is the place to ask this, but with the impending new world, are we allowed to harvest anything from the nether?
¡Damned!

2012-02-17, 23:48

With everyone just spinning their wheels at this point, I'd be open for a free-for-all as long as everyone understands that any and all structures are off limits and that personal boundaries are to be maintained.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-02-21, 22:41

So..... any thoughts on this Brad? Obviously you've been busy with work (per usual, lately ), but a quick "go for it" or "let's hold off for a bit" would be appreciated (you know we only jump or stay by your command ).

Plus, the mob trap has broked, and if I'm going to get any further with 13topia I'm going to need to beg - and you know how much I hate to do this - some TNT at some point. I have 10 layers to go and each are taking ~2 stacks a piece. I'd go back to BP's trap but wwarp is broken as well.

Help me Bradiwan, you're my only hope.

So it goes.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2012-02-24, 20:50

Psst, brad, since it seems you've been popping in the forums, any thoughts on plundering the nether?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-24, 21:38

PLUNDER AWAY.

Next time I'm online I'll drop some stuff off in the exchange too if 709 (or anyone else) still needs/wants.
¡Damned!

2012-02-24, 21:40

From what it sounds like 1.2 is going to drop either next week or soon after (jeb mentioned they were in the testing phase and playing with a bit feature creep), so a word from the Overlord on resource gathering would be nice. Just to reiterate though - no gathering close to others' structures. That's not cool.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-02-24, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
PLUNDER AWAY.

Next time I'm online I'll drop some stuff off in the exchange too if 709 (or anyone else) still needs/wants.
NEED TNT.

Bobsky dropped in from the other side of the pond and helped me out for now, but I still need.

Thanks Brad. OM NOM NETHER.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-02-25, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
NEED TNT.
One of the unmarked chests in the exchange is now fully stocked.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2012-02-25, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
One of the unmarked chests in the exchange is now fully stocked.
Some of this may have fallen into the wrong hands...
JohnnyTheA

2012-02-27, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post
I am building a railway that goes through here if anyone wants me to link up a station/tunnel:

I think you went through my tunnel. Its okay. I built a walkway over your train tunnel but I accidentally pulverized one of your glowstone bricks. I also fell in and had to punch through the wall to get back to my tunnel...

JTA
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2012-02-27, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTheA View Post
I think you went through my tunnel. Its okay. I built a walkway over your train tunnel but I accidentally pulverized one of your glowstone bricks. I also fell in and had to punch through the wall to get back to my tunnel...

JTA
Ah. Sorry. I was out of it when I was building that. I was going to go back and build something for the steps, but the whole working toward something that would be destroyed in a few weeks thing kind of took away my drive.
¡Damned!

2012-05-06, 19:52

I'm on the verge of insanity with my need to remove another () desert for sandstone, so I need a break from the museum. Downtown needs another structure, so I'd like to build a Space Needle somewhere. A little bigger than LG, but not much. You can't see shit from 192 anyways. So:

My first choice is area (1), but it looks like there's a park there now. Second choice is (2), but I'd have to work the bottom a bit.

This one will be stone brick - I always disliked the netherbrick one because you couldn't see the structure at night. And, this is a legit structure, so hopefully I can get the OK to do it downtown.

Thoughts?

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-05-06, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I'm on the verge of insanity with my need to remove another () desert for sandstone, so I need a break from the museum. Downtown needs another structure, so I'd like to build a Space Needle somewhere. A little bigger than LG, but not much. You can't see shit from 192 anyways. So:

My first choice is area (1), but it looks like there's a park there now. Second choice is (2), but I'd have to work the bottom a bit.

This one will be stone brick - I always disliked the netherbrick one because you couldn't see the structure at night. And, this is a legit structure, so hopefully I can get the OK to do it downtown.

Thoughts?
We can probably work with area 2 as I've been meaning to open up that corner of my plot across tge street fron there for some *select* development. Maybe you could come up with some rough dimensions and we could try and fit it in.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-05-06, 20:18

I haven't been online to see the park that's there now (it looks like it's just a bunch of trees, now?), but building the Space Needle in Area 1 is a-okay with me (and I terraformed that area, so). If we were voting, I'd think Area 2 would actually make more sense for any new park — it'd continue the sculpture park that's already there to its south, sort of like Portland's series of Park Blocks. And it's more centrally located, and also that area is probably too narrow to build anything big anyway (though its enlongated shape does sort of resemble NYC's Central Park). But that's just me.

Either way, I can't wait to see it grey

¡Damned!

2012-05-06, 20:25

I don't need a lot for the base. I think the last one was ~24, so I reckon ~ 36 for this one. If I could center it on the NS avenue I'd be happy as hell.

I'd only cut into your lot as a circle, I don't need to square off anything, and you know me, i'd be mindful of any aesthetics going on.

I'd need to hear from Bryson and bobsky too. It's a big-ass thing, though not square and pushy, but still big.

Plus, (1) may work out. I may need to build some 'tard towers to check the view at each spot. I was just working off of the overheard map.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-05-07, 00:04

I'd favour location 1, as it looks like there's more space to give it some "breathing room" - and also so you can get a bit of distance to look at it. I won't cry if it goes in at 2, but it just seems like it would feel cramped.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-05-07, 04:52

Either spot works fine. Do note that the vacation home will be taller...