User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Apple offering rebates on Mac mini -> new mini soon?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple offering rebates on Mac mini -> new mini soon?
buybuybuy

2006-07-26, 00:14

I was browsing the mac store in NZ and noticed that they've just started offering rebates on all Intel chips, including the mini. Does this mean that the mac mini may soon get a make over as well? Or just a price drop?

I've heard all kinds of things about the pro machines, but I don't care. I want a new mini!

http://www.apple.co.nz/promotions/loveamac/

>>
To Qualify
Buy any Intel-based MacBook Pro, MacBook, iMac or Mac mini during July 2006 and claim a rebate of up to $200* (incl GST). Rebates differ between models as follows: MacBook Pro $200 incl GST, MacBook $150 incl GST, iMac $150 incl GST, or Mac mini $100 incl GST. *After mail-in rebate. Not available with educational purchases. Full terms and conditions apply.
>>
maccrazy

2006-07-26, 01:39

I really doubt Renaissance knows anything you don't know. They are just a glorified reseller, ie. no connection to Apple other than the fact they resell their products.
mAZdA

2006-07-26, 18:05

if it was just a rebate on a single machine (ie: mac mini) then you could probobly read into it enough to see that they were going to update and release a newer model of the product, but sincve it is on all then i think they just arn't getting enough sales and need to get rid of some stock

I require a window seat and an inflight Happy Meal, and no pickles! God help you if I find pickles! -Stewie Griffin
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-07-26, 19:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAZdA
if it was just a rebate on a single machine (ie: mac mini) then you could probobly read into it enough to see that they were going to update and release a newer model of the product, but sincve it is on all then i think they just arn't getting enough sales and need to get rid of some stock
Or else...every Mac will be updated! OMG COre 2!!!1!

Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-07-26, 23:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman
Or else...every Mac will be updated! OMG COre 2!!!1!

Every intel mac. It wouldn't surprise me. With the new chips coming out all the Intel Macs are do for an update... even the MacBook
mAZdA

2006-07-27, 00:23

i would believe it with the 1.8ghz macboks but not with any of the others.

dunno they might but surely they would be offering the deal worldwide

bah who knows

I require a window seat and an inflight Happy Meal, and no pickles! God help you if I find pickles! -Stewie Griffin
Anthem

2006-07-27, 14:52

I'm kinda hoping we hit that $499 price point again....
xflare

2006-07-27, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem
I'm kinda hoping we hit that $499 price point again....

Looking at the prices of these new Core 2 chips I cant imagine what that 1.5ghz Core SOLO chips must sell for.

I did read that the Core Duo will get more price cuts when Core 2 is released, not sure when though.
neiltc13

2006-07-27, 16:11

Wouldn't it just be awesome if we had "dual core processors in every Mac" after WWDC?