Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Winter is upon us...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Winter is upon us...
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-01, 00:16

...getting our first real snow tonight here in northern Illinois. Near the border where I am we already have about 4". They predicted "up to 3" and it's still snowing hard with no cloud breaks in site. Going to be a winter wonderland tomorrow at dawn. Snow is sticking to absolutely everything.

D70 time.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-12-01, 09:23

The same storm is now hitting Ottawa. Actually, it kept your fearless leader, GWWWB – who is on a State visit here – on the airport tarmac a little while before leaving. Nobody is immune from flight delays.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-12-01, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney
Actually, it kept your fearless leader, GWWWB – who is on a State visit here – on the airport tarmac a little while before leaving. Nobody is immune from flight delays.
Wish the snow could have done something different to W's plane.

Can't wait for snow here in DC. My winter gear is already out of storage.

Escher
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-12-01, 12:33

Moogs, you didn't get snow last week on Wednesday? I got a few inches, but it had all melted by Friday. This stuff doesn't look like it will last long either, but I didn't get as much as you, maybe an inch, inch and a half at best. But it looked so cool coming down, huge flakes falling real slow at times. That's the best

Come waste your time with me
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-12-01, 13:18

It snowed in Milwaukee last night as well, I'd say only about 2"-3" tho, so it isn't too much. However the sidewalk right outside of my dorm is now covered with ice, and its quite slippery.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-01, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Moogs, you didn't get snow last week on Wednesday? I got a few inches, but it had all melted by Friday. This stuff doesn't look like it will last long either, but I didn't get as much as you, maybe an inch, inch and a half at best. But it looked so cool coming down, huge flakes falling real slow at times. That's the best

We did get an inch or two last week, but that doesn't count. Especially since I was driving in the shit during rush hour traffic.

I was pretty cool watching it come down last night. Always a nice site during the first big snow each winter. Was b-e-a-UUU-ti-ful (to quote Bruce) outside this morning with all the bushes and trees completely covered. Only had time for a few snapshots though.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2004-12-08, 16:50

Man, I wish it would snow down here in the Dallas area. I miss the winters of my youth (I grew up in Michigan, Minnesota, and Montana).
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-12-08, 17:18

At this point, there is no more snow in Wisconsin. It is significantly warmer than it was 3-4 weeks ago, or when this thread was at it's peak.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
stoo

2004-12-08, 18:53

Pesky Gulf Stream, making my island home temperate all year round.

I need SNOW!