Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

FireFox Starting to mature...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
FireFox Starting to mature...
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-04, 17:09

Firefox .9.3 was just released and I have to say I find it to be faster than any of the other Mac browsers I have installed (Safari, Moz 1.7, OW 5 rc2, Camino .8, Opera). I still think the bookmark management and import options are not there yet (no Safari or OmniWeb support) and the theme, while much better than the early days, is a little clunky looking. Not as good as Pinstripe...

Otherwise though I'd say it's definitely worth checking out.

...into the light of a dark black night.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-08-04, 18:37

Yup Mozilla browsers are definately getting better with every release. Ive been using Camino .8 since it came out and I just love it. Ill try out the new Firefox tonight and see how it stacks up.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-06, 10:24

Man, been using this puppy again this morning. Really motors on most sites. The goofy windows form widgets are annoying in an otherwise nice looking app, but a minor quip.

...into the light of a dark black night.
GlryX

2004-08-11, 13:11

Is there a app or method out to transfer my autocomplete info and bookmarks into firefox?
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-08-11, 13:42

i used to be a camino fan from the begining but then when firefox 0.9 came out i decided to give it a shot and since then havent looked back. or maybe once when camino 0.8 got released but then 2 days later was back to firefox.

the problem with camino was that it wasnt very stable. firefox rarely ever crashes with me.

i never liked safari, feels weird using it. internet explorer is a joke ofcourse.

so yeah firefox is definetly the best and its the cooler on macs then pcs. for those of you who have it i would definetly recommend installing the extension bug me not from bugmenot.com its really great.

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's