2004-09-04, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
excellent work.

but needs more cowbell.
you should really explore the studio space on ur next try
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-09-04, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
I've dabbled in iMovie quite a bit. When I say "I know nothing" about that end of things, I'm talking more advanced, higher-end "serious" apps, represented by FCE and FCP.

iMovie I've got a bit of a handle on. Only an advanced numbnut would have trouble getting results out of iMovie! It's a great program to get started on! But I don't believe iMovie let's you do those text things that I spoke of earlier (even though, come to find out, neither does FCE).

Don't worry about what I throw around...I wouldn't do it if I didn't have it. Besides, what if I was, say, getting a new Mac, and it was only $99?
I skipped iMovie and went straight to FCE and it's real easy and powerful.

I've been making movies by capturing footage from my PC gaming rig to a DV cam. It's very fun and absolutely addictive.
I even bought more space on .Mac so that I can serve up the movies.

Now I'm wrestling with bandwidth versus video quality in the movies that I post to my site.
Also, I bought Sorenson Squeeze 4 for my new hobby (this is getting expensive! )
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-09-05, 00:29

That was great Brad. . .

I wish I had that kinda spare time. .. these days it's all work . .
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-05, 07:21

Nice work Brad. I enjoyed it!
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2004-09-06, 00:11

Kudos from me as well (though I was tempted to vote the "Brad's gone looney tunes" selection).
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-09-06, 00:35

In light of the typo found in the Apple version of the iMac G5 movie (pokcet) I suggest misspelling a word in your movie Brad...

Some possibilities:

Finalyl!
Dancing naekd dinosaurs... WITH BAZOOKAS
Dancing naked dinosaurs... WTIH BAZOOKAS
Dancing naked dinosuars... WITH BAZOOKAS

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-06, 01:18

I couldn't find that typo johnq - Is this on the iMac G5 promo with the Black Eyed Peas ("Let's get is started")? Where is it exactly?
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-09-06, 01:19

there's no typo, but please carry on.
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-09-06, 01:41

It's been FIXED (I just realized), so don't bother looking for it now although most of you that downloaded and kept it locally, probably still have it. *cough* Brad *cough*

In:
http://www.apple.com/imac/video/480.html

the part that said "all your music in your pocket" had the word "pokcet" scroll by in huge type...(although fast)

Pretty funny at the time, in an "all your base" kind of way...I think the fact it was so large made it easy to overlook, like the chalkboard phenomenon...but still, for a multi-thousand (?) dollar ad for a billion dollar company, any typo is unacceptable (at least that's what the client will tell you )

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by johnq : 2004-09-06 at 03:29.
SilentEchoes
Unique Like Everyone Else

Send a message via AIM to SilentEchoes  
2004-09-06, 02:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
excellent work.

but needs more cowbell.

hahaha, there is an average of 2 posts a day that actually make me laugh out loud on AN.. Thank you for my daily dose Alcimedes.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-09-06, 03:03

It's more than a multi-thousand dollar ad. Expensive ad agency using high end production and post houses to make it happen. The ad probably cost as much as some small independent films. Probably under a hundred thousand dollars, but over fifty thousand.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-09-06, 03:08

I reckon they produce them in house.
So it is whatever the $/day rate is for the team that makes them plus there equipment costs/day.

I think it would be strange for a company like Apple to farm this out and pay that kind of money when their business is making software for individuals and companies to do this.

So I think it would be innacurate to put the kind of budgets to these ads that we associate with ad agencies and the like.

Also.. I think the typo itself proves these are done in house.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2004-09-06, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt
I reckon they produce them in house.
So it is whatever the $/day rate is for the team that makes them plus there equipment costs/day.

I think it would be strange for a company like Apple to farm this out and pay that kind of money when their business is making software for individuals and companies to do this.

So I think it would be innacurate to put the kind of budgets to these ads that we associate with ad agencies and the like.

Also.. I think the typo itself proves these are done in house.
...Which may also explain how Apple is able to keep the wraps on the various media they use to advertise a new hardware/software offering released at Expos, MacWorlds, etc.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2004-09-06, 21:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigVan
...Which may also explain how Apple is able to keep the wraps on the various media they use to advertise a new hardware/software offering released at Expos, MacWorlds, etc.
Exactly.

It is very impressive in this day and age how much Apple do manage to keep under wraps.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-09-06, 21:55

When Lord Vader countersigns on the NDA, people learn to zip it.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-07, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq
*cough* Brad *cough*
Indeed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pocket.jpg (29.2 KB, 85 views)
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-09-07, 04:06

Dang, I misspelled the typo! It's pocetk not pokcet...

<commits hiri kiri>
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-07, 07:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq
Dang, I misspelled the typo! It's pocetk not pokcet...
And again.

"pocekt"
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-09-07, 07:41

"Luca, you're right, I am being selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a whole lot of ads that feature naked dinosaurs with bazookas. And I'd be doing myself a disservice, and every member of this site, if I didn't perform the HELL out of these things!"

Oh god. I know this skit should stop being funny at some point, but I just can't ever see it f**king happening. Ever.

johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-09-07, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
And again.

"pocekt"
Johnq already committed hiri kiri (as all good designers must do when finding a typo).

However, I will stick another sword in him and wiggle it around real good like, just to make sure he's dead.

- The Management

Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-07, 09:03

murbot - can you please host it again? ... or tell me via PM where I can find that skit as a QuickTime movie - I have been searching for ages but nothing is coming up.

favourite line (may not be verbatim)
"By the way, I put my pants on just the same as you guys - one leg at a time ... only when I'm done I make gold records."

All I want is a simple life
twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-07, 09:16

Is "hiri kiri" a typo? I've always seen it spelled another way.

If so, that's two...go home and take a nap.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-07, 09:21

That "cowbell" sketch - along with Ferrell's patriotic office worker in bikini briefs - are the two funniest things from SNL in years.

And the one where Fallon and the guest host for the week are folding clothes at some swanky boutique, and Horatio Sanz and Will Ferrell (in that wheelchair thing and the 1" cell phone) put in an appearance.

It's like those old Conway/Korman things on Carol Burnett...half the fun is watching everyone try not to laugh.
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-09-07, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
murbot - can you please host it again? ... or tell me via PM where I can find that skit as a QuickTime movie - I have been searching for ages but nothing is coming up.
I don't have the space on my iDisk to host it... but look for me on iChat (well, AIM for poor PC-ridden me today). I'll send it to you. I'm mbot88.

I'm always there to hook a brother up with some cowbell.
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2004-09-07, 19:48

I'm sorry, I need more!

Please?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-07, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
I'm sorry, I need more!

Please?
Are you talking to me or the man with the cowbell?

I probably won't have free time again like that for a good while (*looks at calendar and weeps*). If I do ever happen to put up something, it'll probably be here first.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-08, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
I don't have the space on my iDisk to host it... but look for me on iChat (well, AIM for poor PC-ridden me today). I'll send it to you. I'm mbot88.

I'm always there to hook a brother up with some cowbell.
ThanksMurbot - really appreciate it! I actually love hearing Christopher Walken deliver some of those lines and the bit where Will Ferrell and the drummer guy lose it cracks me up!

All I want is a simple life
twitter