Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Belkin Broadband Wireless Router Problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Belkin Broadband Wireless Router Problems
zoomcookie

2005-05-31, 11:04

Hi Everyone,

I am still having problems with my Belkin Router (Model :F5D7633-4). On both my Macs (12" G4 PB and G3 500 iMac - Both running 10.3.9) I cannot load various web sites. Some never finish loading with Safari's status bar saying something like "Completed 17 of 18 items' and other sites never even start loading. I would say about 50% of sites work fine.

My USB Broadband modem (BT Voyager 105) has no problems at all on either Mac. The Belkin works flawlessly on WinXP and SuSE Linux. The iMac in OS9 has the same problem as OSX. My ISP were of no help at all.

I have just finished a lengthy phone conversation with Belkin Tech Support. They were quite useless but at least the call was free. The woman sounded like she was in an Indian call centre. After much clicking this and changing that including turning the firewall on and off and on again and setting up two virtual servers, one TCP other UDP with no success she sent me to http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp
to download the utility there. I tried to explain that there was no Mac version but she didn't seem to understand what I mean. Eventually she grasped the fact that the Mac is not a version of Windows and said they have no Mac knowledge and is unable to help me further. She said I should change my MTU setting to 1400 but she could not advise how this is done.

I have now managed to change my MTU and have tried 1400 and other random numbers but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Has someone out there got any other ideas?

Please help because these days my Macs get used less and less due to problems like this. Without a decent internet connection they aint much use.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by zoomcookie : 2005-05-31 at 11:16.