Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Luca, just a minute here

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Luca, just a minute here
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-10-30, 18:26

How about some honest discussion of the topic of partial birth abortion? I posted some thought provoking things and you went ahead and locked the thread (like so many Democrats seem to do) when you didn't give it a chance to be explained, or have your explanations shot to pieces.

I know this is not a democracy, but it should not be a dictatorship, in which lies and a political agenda are spread.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

Naderfan
Queen of Confrontation

2004-10-30, 18:27

aren't you supposed to PM an admin about things like this?

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-10-30, 18:27

try without the flame bait to start off with.

post facts, articles, links etc.

strong opinions with nothing else go nowhere but downhill.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-30, 18:30

You want to talk to me about this, go through the private messaging system. My locking of your thread had nothing to do with your specific political views. I did it because you were trolling. There is currently a civil political discussion going on in AO - next time, try to make your post more like that.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-10-30, 18:30

I understand this, about facts. But the fact is that there have been some horrific problems with partial birth abortion, but to some people that doesnt matter.

My point was, if the mother's life is at stake, then something should be done. However, if PBA is allowed, some implementations of it will not always go as they should, not always done to protect the mother but instead to tragically murder a child.

A child that is breathing, fully developed, one that has touched light in this world.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-10-30, 18:33

How about this? If you want to reopen the discussion on partial birth abortions in a CIVIL manner, I can change the title of the locked thread and allow you to edit your post so that you're not trolling or raising straw men. Comparing it to abortion clinic bombings is pretty damn blatant.

BTW, this thread is now locked. It should even be here in the first place.