User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Had problems with TurboTax?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Had problems with TurboTax?
Elleswood

2006-02-25, 10:53

Perhaps you haven't got around to your taxes like I have. Since TaxCut didn't offer their software for 2005 for Macintosh, I bought TaxCut. I have been unable to use it because the Update won't work properly. It gives me an Error msg, then removes the TaxCut app.I had installed, and naturally makes it impossible to open the file that I had created and done two hours of work in. Do a reinstall and I get my file back, but it's the same deal when I try again to download the Update. Anybody else have this problem? BTW, the extremely complicated workaround they provided to me won't work either. I am using OSX 10.3.9.
Elleswood
chinesebear

2006-02-25, 20:52

i haven't tried installing Turbo Tax, but did you know you could do all this for free (provided you meet the income requirements) from the irs.gov website? they allow you to use one of about 20 tax programs and file for free. just thought i'd throw that out there as a tax/money-saving tip...
pilot1129

Send a message via AIM to pilot1129  
2006-02-26, 01:13

have you tried using the turbotax application that runs on their site. it worked perfectly for me.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-02-26, 11:35

I've read that there have been a lot of problems for people who've been forced to switch from TaxCut to TurboTax and wonder if a lot of the problems stem from the fact that the TurboTax team didn't have long enough to prepare their app to properly migrate data from TaxCut to TurboTax... that they didn't anticipate receiving large numbers of "switchers".

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-02-26, 14:07

I used to use TaxCut and am dreading this very thing. I read somewhere that the auto-update feature is borked, and that you should download directly from the site to update the tax codes, etc (bottom of the page). Fucking Intuit.

If you search through all their products for Mac and PC on Amazon, the number of negative reviews is mind-boggling. They're the Symantec of Financial software. Worse maybe...

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2006-02-26 at 14:14.