User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!
Page 20 of 25 First Previous 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-04-28, 14:27

Maps are going down while I start the initial sync over. The initial render is still going, but it's in the final phase now. Once it's finished the maps should go live based on the maps from the 25th.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2017-04-28, 17:45

I just took a look for the first time in ages. I love what's happened to the White House.....
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-04-28, 22:46

So the initial render finally completed:
Code:
20170428_163138 73 hours, 43 minutes and 47 seconds elapsed.
That's a big map. Still syncing over so I'll see about automating it shortly.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-04-29, 18:47

Ok, looks like we are fully automated again! I have it scheduled to run the maps at 3, 9, 15 and 2100. Enjoy!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-01, 00:18

Map are going to stop updating for a little while. I'm still going to process them, but you won't get to see them. I'm rebuilding my NAS RAID array and the rsync is taking forever and keeping the disk I/O higher than I need it while it rebuilds. I'll manually kick off a sync here and there, but don't expect the consistency it has been lately.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-10, 19:16

Maps are fully automated again. Enjoy them and their four times a day updates!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-19, 22:03

Maps may go down. I decided to test in production my new proxy server. If you happen to try to view them and they are down then it's because I configured Nginx poorly. I'll make it right tomorrow.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-20, 09:04

So it looks like they are up. Are they up for you guys? I think I saw Ken's IP checking it out last night.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-07-20, 11:05

Not sure if I was checking out maps, but I was on last night.

Until the authentication server poofed me.
¡Damned!

2017-08-04, 18:46

Just FYI, was checking the map and it's stuck at last Saturday (according to the Home icon). No biggie, just trying to catch Ken digging holes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-07, 09:38

Glad you mentioned something. Looks like the sync was stuck.
Code:
Task: rsync maps Start time: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 11:00:02 GMT Stop time: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 10:31:12 GMT
I just killed the process. It will pick up and start updating again within two hours.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-08, 07:04

Maps have updated again finally.

I was just looking at the original post in this thread and realized it's been over 6 years of me making these maps. I love being able to do it for you guys too. It's been fun working through the bugs and getting to stay running even with some of the major changes that have happened since I started doing this.

Doing this map actually got me really looking into managing Linux servers and that lead to my previous job. I've changed "jobs" (there is a business owned in here) 4 times since starting these maps.

I've moved the hosting of the maps 4 times as well. I don't even recall how many versions of the maps I've run, there is a post up-thread with all the archived maps that are still available. There are something like 12 of those. Space wise, those archives alone take up 156GB of storage on the web server.

I've had one kid move out and two new ones added to my family. Tons of other family stuff too.

Pretty wild to realize how long it's been. Glad to keep it going guys.

¡Damned!

2017-08-08, 17:01

It's invaluable – can't imagine playing MP without it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-08-08, 18:41

He just likes spying.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2017-08-08, 19:31

Hey the maps is the only reason I was able to find my current base. So thanks T.
Dr. Bobsky

2017-08-09, 15:34

And the maps and our individual responses to the nether portal catastrophe are why I don't play minecraft any more...
¡Damned!

2017-08-09, 19:47

Mang. I don't want to revisit that, really, because that should have been so easy to reconcile and it just spiraled ass-backwards. I had as much fault as anyone in that, maybe more since my 'remove-two-blocks test' turned into 'griefing' somehow before I could really put the brakes on it.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-10, 01:16

Generating maps once we move might be a problem again. The map program hasn't been updated since the game has been updated. I'm going to test render, but new blocks would either not render or look really off.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-26, 19:57

I'm currently building the new maps for the 1.12.1 update. Once they are finished I'll sync them to the normal location. In the mean time, I'm copying over the last render of 1.9 and adding it to the list below. Here is a list of the archived maps to keep you from forgetting our past!

The above is a list of the worlds that are archived including prior to the most recent upgrade. I have also left The End and the Nether map to the list here even though they are out of date. Enjoy the archives once the final 1.11 has finished copying over, which will take a while. I'm going to leave same map live on the normal URL until I can run a new map generation on the new 1.12 world. I'll post more once it's updated.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-28, 13:05

Looks like the final 1.11 map has finished syncing and I've reenabled the map making process with the 1.12 server. Hope it doesn't kill the maps but we will soon find out. It looked good generally, but I'm sure the terracotta won't render right if it is visible on the surface.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-28, 22:54

The maps are live and automated. So far everything looks good.
¡Damned!

2017-08-29, 16:41

Hmm. They're not updating on my end – maybe I need to flush the cache or something? Also, I've had to 'load unsafe scripts' in Chrome to see the map at all, otherwise I get a blank page. My ad-blockers could be messing with it too... I seriously need to do a cleanup of those things.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-29, 16:56

Is it trying to point you to https for the maps? If so you'll have to clear the 301 redirect. I way trying to make everything run through a proxy and that stopped the maps from loading. But not thinking, I started with a 301 redirect which is handled in a different cache. Search for "clear 301 redirect" for the browser you use.

Maps are mostly updated at this very moment:

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-29, 21:17

Since I trimmed the world and no real changes have happened to the map since I upgraded us to 1.12 I'm going to just sync this to the final 1_11 spot. Then I'll update the main maps to be post trim.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 08:52

Archive of pre-trim synced. Removing current map and then going to build maps again with the current world.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-30, 15:47

Trimmed map is live. There are a few places where the next update will change it though. As the end of the line for Southlantis and south of the Squid grinder. Both have been pruned and updated with the new seed.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-10-30, 12:07

Due to the move to the new ESXi host the maps are going to be down for a little bit. This is a huge machine so it might take a little while to get moved and then resume updates.

¡Damned!

2018-05-04, 08:37

Maps look like they've stalled? Render stats are from today, but player location is from a while ago.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-04, 08:59

Oh, possibly from me having to shut down servers for the breaker panel swap. I'll check it now though.

Edit: I'm forcing a manual run right now and will see how it works out.

Last edited by turtle : 2018-05-04 at 09:41.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-04, 15:27

Looks like the maps are back to normal. Thanks for letting me know.