User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

AppleNova Ultra Hardcore Minecraft Tournament!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Ultra Hardcore Minecraft Tournament!
Page 5 of 10 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  Next Last Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-06-06, 21:33

goooo purple

i always meant to root for you
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
So who's left @ 30 min until finished?
[22:33:55] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 4/20 players online:
[22:33:55] [Server thread/INFO]: SpecMode, turtle2472, Dellphi, gerlocian
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-06-06, 21:34

So proud of my kid. We found a dungeon and got a saddle. Then I died. She got a horse and sniped gerlocian and Spec, but Spec had too much health and trapped her, then killed her. Bastard!

Hey, my kid finished 4th! Way to go Jess!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 21:35

[22:29:45] [Server thread/INFO]: gerlocian was shot by grendagle7
[22:29:56] [Server thread/INFO]: <gerlocian> GOOD SHOT

[22:35:26] [Server thread/INFO]: There are 3/20 players online:
[22:35:26] [Server thread/INFO]: SpecMode, turtle2472, Dellphi
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-06-06, 21:36

go everybody but turtle

sorry turtle i'm just going with the odds here

edit: oh shit ger!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
sorry turtle i'm just going with the odds here
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-06-06, 21:38

Go team red! I found all the good stuff before I died.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 21:43

So, you know how at the beginning of the game everything was super laggy?

Yeah, the server was under a wee bit of strain:

Quote:
Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 183369ms behind, skipping 3667 tick(s)

I'm going through the logs now to get a catalog of who died when from what.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-06-06, 21:44

I went swimming in my magmacious friend.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-06-06, 21:44

EDIT: too late!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-06-06, 21:45

Dellphi Is The Winner!!!!!!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 21:47

[21:02:50] <BradSmith> world is now shrinking
[21:02:52] <BradSmith> GO GO GO

[21:22:53] WesWilson fell from a high place
[21:40:36] Elysium25 tried to swim in lava
[22:11:46] Whammerslammer was slain by Zombie
[22:20:15] RowdyScot fell from a high place
[22:20:20] BradSmith fell from a high place
[22:23:14] Captain_Drew was slain by SpecMode
[22:29:45] gerlocian was shot by grendagle7
[22:31:28] grendagle7 was slain by SpecMode
[22:44:25] SpecMode was slain by turtle2472
[22:44:31] turtle2472 was slain by Dellphi

gg, Dellphi!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-06-06, 21:48

Brad come back to the chat, we're having beers and talking!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 21:49

I've stopped the game server. I'm going to restore the normal Cashout Cove to its proper place now.

I'll also post the seed if you guys want to play around with it offline at all.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-06-06, 21:50

What a thrilling conclusion! 1 vs. 1 in the end! Mano a mano!

GG everyone but especially Team Purple and especially especially Dellphi!

I would be so bad at this.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
¡Damned!

2014-06-06, 21:51

Really? I was going to bet on that fucker, since he's all "just playing over here, never mind my massive, cool structures".

I knew it. Sneaky fucker.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 22:08

Dellphi was all about some mad haxx, though. Somehow the server lost track of him, and his name on the leaderboard and his avatar nametag went poof. Then I think he was the one that snuck up and punched me and Rowdy off the tower.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 22:15

The seed for AppleNova's first ever UHC tournament was:

I also tweaked up the ore settings in single-player and copied the metadata over to the server before booting it up. The idea there was to give us all a better chance of finding ores within the time crunch. If you create a single-player game in the weekly snapshot, use the "customized" world type, and use this for the presets:

Quote:
{"coordinateScale":684.412,"heightScale":684.412," lowerLimitScale":512.0,"upperLimitScale":512.0,"de pthNoiseScaleX":200.0,"depthNoiseScaleZ":200.0,"de pthNoiseScaleExponent":0.5,"mainNoiseScaleX":80.0, "mainNoiseScaleY":160.0,"mainNoiseScaleZ":80.0,"ba seSize":8.5,"stretchY":12.0,"biomeDepthWeight":1.0 ,"biomeDepthOffset":0.0,"biomeScaleWeight":1.0,"bi omeScaleOffset":0.0,"seaLevel":63,"useCaves":true, "useDungeons":true,"dungeonChance":8,"useStronghol ds":true,"useVillages":true,"useMineShafts":true," useTemples":true,"useRavines":true,"useWaterLakes" :true,"waterLakeChance":4,"useLavaLakes":true,"lav aLakeChance":80,"useLavaOceans":false,"fixedBiome" :-1,"biomeSize":4,"riverSize":4,"dirtSize":33,"dirtC ount":10,"dirtMinHeight":0,"dirtMaxHeight":256,"gr avelSize":33,"gravelCount":8,"gravelMinHeight":0," gravelMaxHeight":256,"graniteSize":33,"graniteCoun t":10,"graniteMinHeight":0,"graniteMaxHeight":80," dioriteSize":33,"dioriteCount":10,"dioriteMinHeigh t":0,"dioriteMaxHeight":80,"andesiteSize":33,"ande siteCount":10,"andesiteMinHeight":0,"andesiteMaxHe ight":80,"coalSize":17,"coalCount":20,"coalMinHeig ht":0,"coalMaxHeight":128,"ironSize":9,"ironCount" :30,"ironMinHeight":0,"ironMaxHeight":96,"goldSize ":10,"goldCount":3,"goldMinHeight":0,"goldMaxHeigh t":48,"redstoneSize":8,"redstoneCount":8,"redstone MinHeight":0,"redstoneMaxHeight":16,"diamondSize": 8,"diamondCount":3,"diamondMinHeight":0,"diamondMa xHeight":32,"lapisSize":7,"lapisCount":3,"lapisCen terHeight":16,"lapisSpread":32}
Actually, copy that out to a text file first and remove the spaces and line breaks. It should be one long unbroken line of JSON.

Also, Cashout Cove should be back in business now! If you swapped your Minecraft profile to the weekly snapshot, don't forget to swap it back to the official 1.7.9 release to get back to town.

delphi

2014-06-06, 22:22

Yea. Sorry. I feel so dirty using my mad wizard skills.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi View Post
Yea. Sorry. I feel so dirty using my mad wizard skills.
Well look at you and your fancy badge!
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-06-06, 22:35

Oh, right...forgot there was still a thread going on in here.

turtle got the drop on me after I shot him in the face with an arrow; I had half a heart left, and he split me open with his sword before Dellphi finished him off.

Hell of a game, and I can't wait for the next round!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-06, 22:40

Oh yes, about that! We should totally make this a monthly gig!

I was thinking the first Friday of the month, but next month's first Friday is July 4th and people probably have other plans. How about the second Friday of the month? For July, that would put it on the 11th.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-06-06, 23:28

Should work for me. August 8th would work, too, by extrapolation. It's right before the Gay Games hockey tourney starts.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-06-06, 23:30

That really was an amazing amount of fun. I saw the arrow fly from no one when I was shot by delphi. I just didn't realize he was actually invisible.

SpecMode was certainly in my sights though.

It was a great game all the way around though and love the idea of doing it monthly or near monthly. Letting the world generate before trying to do anything would be a good plan. While the hardware was keeping up, it seems the java wasn't.

Also, I'm generating a map of this world right now too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-06-06, 23:33

Jess and I will be hit and miss, but we will join in whenever the opportunity presents itself. It really was fun!

My avatar business tells me I joined Applenova in August 2004. This week is the first time I've ever "spoken" to any of the forum's members. Honestly, it really was awesome. We enjoyed the crap out of it. Fun times, and look forward to the next opportunity.

Grey, I missed "seeing" you. Hope to see you next time 'round. Don't know why, but I'm looking forward to whacking you!

Robo, get back in the game, you slacker. We need more activity!

Gerlocian, the highlight of my night was watching my sweet, baby girl snipe your ass from her horse! Bloody awesome!

Brad (and whoever else was involved), thanks for setting this thing up, and thanks to Turtle for hosting the mess. What brilliant fun!

Other dudes, thanks for playing. It was great.

Delphi, congrats on your winnings. Everyone wants a MC UHC badge, now!

For all those forum members who aren't involved, being in-game truly is the best "thread" this forum has. I'm still mad at the guy who talked me into playing this damned game, but I wouldn't go back!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-06-06, 23:34

At one point I did want to mention an idea I had and I went to call one of the guys' names and so I said "Robo..." and everybody was kind of "WTH??" so I clammed up and kept digging more coal.... until I could remember who exactly was on my team

And of course I'm in for more!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-06-07, 00:54

That was me, Drew.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-06-07, 06:19

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-06-07, 11:22

For all interested in checking out the map of the world we were in, here it is!

Sadly, the player locations haven't been updated due to the map program not reading the change yet.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-07, 11:52

Wow! You see that lone branch to the far north-west? That's where Drew, RowdyScot, and I spawned... right by the world border.

I reviewed my video and found a few key locations for Team Cyan. I'll be splitting up the video into 20-minute chunks and uploading later today.