User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

MacBook Pro 17" and noise with VLC

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MacBook Pro 17" and noise with VLC
krnholeboy32

2006-07-28, 20:21

Ok here's the deal, everytime I open up vlc player on the macbook pro and have a video playing but then pause the video then minimize it and put my macbook pro to sleep (its a 17 inch) then after I wake it up from sleep from the left side of the speaker you can hear a lil static noise for a brief moment. Other times that mplayer or anything else is open and I put it to sleep and when its awake I never hear that static noise on the left speaker...could anyone try this to confirm this?? I just wanna make sure that there's nothing wrong with my macbook pro and i'm just thinking that its the vlc encoding problem. Maybe its trying to play sound but its confused because its paused?? Also its the universal binary version of the vlc player(0.8.5).
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-07-28, 20:25

FWIW, it doesn't sound like a sign of trouble to me.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-07-28, 21:11

Sounds a bit quirky, but nothing serious. I assume it's just a VLC bug.
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-07-28, 21:22

The MacBook sounds fucked.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-07-28, 21:42

Back off!!! It's going to asplode!!! ahhhhhhhhhh! Your motherboard is fried!!!!!!!! And the battery is sizzling!!!!

Just sounds like a little glitch, annoying, but nothing to worry about.
ZachPruckowski

2006-07-29, 16:56

It's a sign the aliens are hacking you. Or maybe the government. They're using quantum technology to read your hard drive from a van across the street.

You'd better cover that MBP in aluminum foil...

Wait a second...
krnholeboy32

2006-08-13, 19:54

not only vlc now but if i have a webpage up and has a video playing on the website but then I pause the video and close my lid on my macbook pro 17" then I wake it back up and on the left side of the speaker you can hear a little static noise sounds like from the speaker and it will have a crackle noise like a white noise like from turning on a radio channel that has no station. But this only happens on a video that was paused on a webpage or the vlc player, but strangely it does not happen when I have the mplayer on pause. Can anyone verify this??
krnholeboy32

2006-08-13, 19:56

on vlc and on a webpage with a video playing on the website but then I pause the video and close my lid on my macbook pro 17" then I wake it back up and on the left side of the speaker you can hear a little static noise sounds like from the speaker and it will have a crackle noise like a white noise like from turning on a radio channel that has no station(not exactly but quieter and softer). But this only happens on a video that was paused on a webpage or the vlc player, but strangely it does not happen when I have the mplayer on pause. And when anything else is open and I put it to sleep there is no sound either. Can anyone verify this??
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-08-13, 20:01

Duplicate threads merged and moved to Genius Bar.