User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

My manhood is in a downward spiral into oblivion.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
My manhood is in a downward spiral into oblivion.
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-09-10, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
Samoyed coat is to Bernese coat as tissue paper is to shag rug.

Bernese bury themselves in snow to sleep, and stay warm.
Had a Samoyed once as a kid in Edmonchuk... that dog loved the snow.

Given coat differences, consider the annual grooming bill for a summer shave.

My Dad took a Golden Retriever from BC to Abu Dhabi... 50C summers meant plenty of grooming visits.

Came back with 2 Arabian short-haired cats, and a rescued street dog that is part-Saluki. Though less greyhound sized than the one in the photo, it has the shorter coat but extremely long paw and ear hair native to some desert species. The Golden and the Saluki mutt make an odd pair.

An uncle has two greyhounds rescued from abusive tracks. Noble of him, but you've never met more neurotic or terrified dogs. Strangers enter the room and they just quiver with fear. Crack the door or let them off leash and they'll hit 70km/h in less than four strides. High maintenance.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2004-09-11, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmacfan

Does the little lady not know how to drive?
I think she's three, not quite old enough to work in a Sri Lankan sweat shop, let alone drive.

Quote:
...you can do like I did, and have some young lady email you like a good friend would. My wife always wants to do it more after reading my emails. But then my wife is Jealous of any woman I befriend. :smokey:
Pure genius, Wile E. Coyote, Su-ooH-per Genius
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-11, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousuburb

An uncle has two greyhounds rescued from abusive tracks. Noble of him, but you've never met more neurotic or terrified dogs. Strangers enter the room and they just quiver with fear. Crack the door or let them off leash and they'll hit 70km/h in less than four strides. High maintenance.

Actually, *most* greyhound tracks do not give a rip about the health of their dogs. As soon as one is considered "not winning material", they're left to rot half the time or abandoned. IMO, greyhound racing should be shut down as a sport in this country. It's despicable. No offense to anyone who likes to watch them run, but what you don't see is the treatment of the dogs after hours / between races, etc. Abuse is the norm and they're frail, sensitive dogs to begin with. I can't stand greyhound racing. Only a half-step above dog fighting.

...into the light of a dark black night.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-11, 09:38

I agree. Why haven't legislators been able to make something happen in this arena? Did you know that there are a lot of low-grade horsetracks with similar problems?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-11, 10:20

Wouldn't doubt it. People are sick sometimes with their pursuit of money at all costs. How long does it take to learn the lesson that money just doesn't mean that much, assuming you have a decent roof over your head and food to eat, etc.

Tell you what, anyone who abuses dogs, horses or other "domesticated" animals for their own sport or profit, has NO manhood.

...into the light of a dark black night.
applenut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-09-11, 14:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousuburb
Had a Samoyed once as a kid in Edmonchuk... that dog loved the snow.

Given coat differences, consider the annual grooming bill for a summer shave.

My Dad took a Golden Retriever from BC to Abu Dhabi... 50C summers meant plenty of grooming visits.
bernese can't be shaved. their skin is too sensitive and it would be quite deadly if they were exposed to the sun shaved.

today running the firetrail a dog began running with me and looked lost and in need of water. once i saw him scatter into a road i knew i had to do something or id feel bad...found two people with a cell phone to call the # on his tag....hopefully they got him home.