Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Downtime this evening

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Downtime this evening
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-03, 18:24

The boards are going to go offline briefly this evening while we install a vBulletin upgrade. It has a security patch and some other bugfixes we'd like to see live, so we'll be doing that tonight. Expect the Sniper's Serenity to show up around 2300 EDT for no longer than 20 minutes while we perform the upgrade. The site should be available again immediately after we have confirmed that the upgrade was successful.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-07-03, 21:39

will there be any other changes? (ahem, smilies?) of course those could be done without taking the board down, but I figured I would ask...
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-03, 22:21

The vBulletin 3.0.2 upgrade was completed successfully and without complications at 2320 EDT.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-07-03, 22:25

Yay!

Mac Man 020581

2004-07-04, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
The vBulletin 3.0.2 upgrade was completed successfully and without complications at 2320 EDT.
Did it? The forums seem to have been down a bit this morning.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-04, 08:05

We weren't performing any work this morning, so there could be any number of explanation for why some images failed to load for you. We make sure everything is running normally before re-opening the boards.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-07-04, 08:44

clear your cache

g
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-05, 22:51

We completed another vBulletin upgrade tonight, taking the forums to version 3.0.3. Upgrade was completed without complications at 2351 EDT.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-05, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
We completed another vBulletin upgrade tonight, taking the forums to version 3.0.3. Upgrade was completed without complications at 2351 EDT.
And I was wondering why on earth I was getting a Marine Corps poem instead of the AppleNova forum I was trying to reach. Guess I didn't have too much BBQ and beer tonight after all...

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2004-07-06, 02:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Man 020581
Did it? The forums seem to have been down a bit this morning.
That screenshot means the stylesheet and the "outer" graphics are not loading. Which means www.applenova.com and applenova.com are not resolving for you. Add this to your /etc/hosts file:
207.44.242.82 applenova.com
207.44.242.82 www.applenova.com

The sky was deep black; Jesus still loved me. I started down the alley, wailing in a ragged bass.