AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Unofficial AppleNova "Finger Tips" Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Unofficial AppleNova "Finger Tips" Thread
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-08-29, 09:06

I just discovered that if you're in mobile Safari and want to get to the top of the page quickly, you just tap the header bar where the time is shown, and you quickly scroll to the top of the page. I seem to recall someone asking about that before. It might have been answered already. In any case, it's handy for a site like this one.

That got me thinking that we might want collect some of these tips in one place that we might have passed by previously. Any further tips people have that might not be covered in Apple's help or might be buried in it somewhere?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-08-29, 09:28

When playing a song in the iPod portion of the phone and looking at the cover art, you can swipe from left to right to get back to the track listing. My wife figured this one out. I hated trying to tap that arrow in the top left to go to the tracks.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-08-29, 10:10

You can also double-tap the album to flip the cover/track listing. For the track listing, it only works if there's a blank area though.

To rearrange songs in the "On the Go" playlist, got to "Edit" and use the grabby stripes at the right of the track name to move it up or down in the list.

The iPhone is ambidextrous for the most part. You can swipe an email from left to right or right to left to delete it.

A quick zoom (fingers spread apart) on an image or video will fit the item to fill the screen (thus cropping either the top and bottom or the sides a bit). A quick zoom-out (two fingers pinched together) will fit a pic or video so the whole image appears within the screen (thus leaving some black bars on either the top and bottom or the sides).
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-08-29, 10:16

When typing an email or note or txt you can add a a letter to most words to get the contraction form without needing to switch screens and grab an apostrophe:

helll will turn into he'll
shelll will turn into she'll
weree will turn into we're

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter