User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

2 questions - auto change of background and iWork templates

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
2 questions - auto change of background and iWork templates
jondaapplegeek

Send a message via MSN to jondaapplegeek Send a message via Skype™ to jondaapplegeek 
2005-09-19, 12:47

has anyone else found that when you set the background to automatically change after each 'x' number of seconds, when you try to stop it from doing it, or change the folder which it uses, or change the number of seconds etc - you have to restart you computer before it will work? It doesn't warm me of this, but I find nothing changes until its restarted.

second, the templates in Pages and Keynote all appear in a different language, i'm not sure which one - possibly spanish? Is this normal? IF it is its no problem.

Thanks.
Jon
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-09-19, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondaapplegeek
has anyone else found that when you set the background to automatically change after each 'x' number of seconds, when you try to stop it from doing it, or change the folder which it uses, or change the number of seconds etc - you have to restart you computer before it will work? It doesn't warm me of this, but I find nothing changes until its restarted.

second, the templates in Pages and Keynote all appear in a different language, i'm not sure which one - possibly spanish? Is this normal? IF it is its no problem.

Thanks.
Jon
I don't have to restart to make the changes take effect. Maybe something went haywire with your system.

And yes, the templates all appear in a different language, I believe it's Greek or some variation of Greek. However, no matter what the language, it's completely normal.

Come waste your time with me
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-09-19, 14:36

I ran into that same issue with 10.4 on an iBook, and you can kick it into working correctly by restarting the Dock. Open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor, select Dock from the process list, and force quit it. It will then relaunch, and the settings will be correct. This saves you a restart.

As for the iWorks templates, if you notice, all the text starts out the same: Lorem ipsum. It's faux-Latin, used in printing for, well, centuries, as a placeholder. No one is going to mistake it for real text, so it catches the eye and says "Replace me with something real!" More info here. Just place your cursor anywhere in the block, and start typing. All the fake text goes away. It's just there to show you what the boundaries of the text will be.