User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Ms. Spears puts cooter-exposing nights on the town on back-burner...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Ms. Spears puts cooter-exposing nights on the town on back-burner...
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 15:52

...and heads to rehab (let me ask you a question: who isn't in rehab here lately? Jeez).

Breaking story, as it were...

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2007/0...britney_s.html

Check your favorite news sites within a few minutes to laugh at the heavy-handed press-release, full of trite "healing myself" nuggets.

"Hey, y'all...I'm, like, all tired of being drunk and shit. So, like, I'm, you know, checking into rehab and stuff. I look forward to this new sober, centered and responsible chapter in my life. Heaven knows my two young 'uns are. Peace, y'all".

Maybe she'll get a spot at the Lindsay Lohan rehab place, where she's allowed out for lunch at papparazi-heavy eateries and three-nights-a-week nightclub excursions? Not quite sure how that works, but I bet it's a breeze ("rehab" in loosest sense of the word, for PR purposes and keeping Child Services off your front porch).

EDIT: well, it lasted for 24 hours.

The Speed Track program, I guess? Or was it more a case of "yo, this place sucks...I can't drink or anything here, y'all."

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-02-16 at 16:02.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2007-02-16, 16:00

I think she just wants to bone Robbie Williams.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 16:06

I get so burned out on this kind of stuff...famous folks with the world by the balls, but who opt carry on (sometimes for years) like complete asshats in various ways. Then the end-all/be-all magic pill (once they've pissed-off and alienated everyone within a 20-mile radius): REHAB.

It use to mean something, I guess.

Now it's just part of the entire package (budgeted in with movie PR schedules and the like).

Is it "hip" to go to rehab? A new trendy thing to do? You'd think so, looking around and hearing about everyone "checking themselves in" every time you turn on the TV or launch a browser.

I don't buy half of this crap from these kind of people.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-02-16, 16:18

Paul, how could you?

I'm truly hurt.

You fucking forgot to mock those people who posted the comments on the article you linked to.

Quote:

I myself had stopped being a Britney fan towards her latter albums, but I must say that, I did feel bad to see such a wonderful entertainer go down the road that many do. I hope I then jumped on her ban wagon when she left fedex, I understand the pressure that she is under I hope that this report is true. She does have two boys and herself to worry about.

Posted by Mmmmmmmm | February 16, 2007 1:10 PM

I think rehab is a great thing for Britney. She may have checked herself out of that place cause she did not like it but she should find a place she can cope with if not for herself for her children.

Posted by Amy West | February 16, 2007 1:04 PM

Good for Brittney. It is easy to understand her being a young mother of two boys and a huge success. It takes guts to admit that you have a problem. Lets not forget that she is just a girl!!!!!!!!!!!! a human being. Best wishes to her

Posted by carrie | February 16, 2007 12:43 PM

Good for you Brit! ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Posted by Barbara | February 16, 2007 12:38 PM

She's in my prayers.. Good for you Brit! Work hard, get better.

Posted by amanduh | February 16, 2007 12:31 PM

Good for her! It takes a lot of strength to admit you have a problem. Hopefully she is going to get through this so she can be an even better mom to those precious babies. They need her since they obviously don't see their dad that much. Best wishes!

Posted by Nicole | February 16, 2007 12:26 PM

Good for her. I wish her well.

Posted by Courtney | February 16, 2007 12:25 PM

Well it takes a woman to admit that she's effed up and then try to correct the situation. She has two sons to take care of. I hope she gets her act together.

Posted by Tana | February 16, 2007 12:20 PM

Good for her, she needs to clean up and get on the right track...there's nowhere to go but up.

Posted by Heather | February 16, 2007 12:18 PM

What? Where are your witty one-liner for those bleeding hearts who thinks Britney was actually something?

I'm so disappointed.

Just go away. You've hurt me for last time, Paul.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 16:27

Ha...I didn't even see those. I guess I didn't scroll long enough.

Probably just as well...some real boneheaded, blind-following-the-stupid sentiments there. People writing the obvious and presenting it like it's the deepest nugget of wisdom ever brought forth on the subject ("Git better, girl...you got them precious babies to care for! Luv, Jolene"). No shit, Jolene. Maybe she should've taken all that into account on the front end just bit?

It's like those clowns in the audience who always stood up during a Jenny Jones or Montel show during "audience participation/question" segment and awed the audience and home viewers with such undiluted wisdom like "nobody ain't gonna respect you until you respect yourself first!" (which had only been uttered 37,000 times before on these shows...yet the audience goes bonkers with applause as though they're hearing the Secret of Life from [insert your favorite deity here]).

Don't anyone get me wrong: if this woman has true problems, I hope, for the sake of the two kids she brought into the world, she gets her act together. The world isn't in need of any more dipstick, absentee and/or useless parents. I think that's something we can all agree on.

But anyone who doesn't look at this stuff these days (celebutards and the whole "rehab when the shit hits the fan" thing) and go or just a little bit is a bit off.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-02-16 at 16:46.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-02-16, 16:27

They tried to make me go to rehab.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 16:51

To my complete shock, CNN.com is not even mentioning this (not in their "top stories" listing or - even better - in their red or yellow "HOLY SHIT...BREAKING NEWS!" banner at the top of their homepage.

And before anyone says "well, they're a serious outfit and wouldn't lower themselves to report such useless celebrity-based items..." bear in mind they've run non-stop Anna Nicole "updates" for a week solid.

"'Ms. Smith's titties were really big', remembers Kofi Annon"

...and so forth.

I was certain they'd be all over this Britney thing by now (everyone else is, including the evil, dreaded Fox News).
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-02-16, 18:03

Check Fox. Guarantee you those assholes will have something about it.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-02-16, 18:05

The irony is that Anna Nicole Smith is on foxnews.com's front page as we speak.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-02-16, 18:08

If there has to be another terror attack somewhere on US Soil, I really hope it's concentrated on the Fox News facilities. At least then it would sort of be a civil service also.

...into the light of a dark black night.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 18:23

Hey, don't go lousing up my otherwise brilliant thread with a bunch of unrelated, unhinged "Fox News SUX!!!" stuff.

Go start one (or join in the dozens of others already in play) if you must.

Yes, Moogs...it's on Fox. And pretty much everywhere else except CNN (as of a little while ago when I wrote the above). Rest assured it isn't "just those a-holes Fox" daring to run a story on it. Everyone besides CNN is, it seems.

They're the odd man out at the moment.

EDIT: just checked...still no mention on CNN (very unlike them, because anytime Paris, Angelina or Britney poots, they report it), but that's okay because they do have an Anna Nicole and Ricky Martin story in their "Top Stories" listing. So much for your "Anna Nicole/Fox irony", chucker (if indeed that was an attempt to show how Fox does lite/loopy stuff and CNN only deals in "hard news"...if not, then apologies in advance; I misunderstood what you found ironic).

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-02-16, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit View Post
They tried to make me go to rehab.
Me too, but I said no. No. NO!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 18:39

Maybe this one won't stick, if she's already checked out?

My bad.

I might've had a bout of premature extrapolation.

It happens.

If we wake up tomorrow, however, and learn that she's OD'd on her balcony and puked into her Uggs, then I'll have more to say.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-02-16, 18:46

Wonder if they have rehab for chocolate chip cookies?

Some years back, I got on a kick where I'd make chocolate chip cookie dough (from scratch), and keep it in the fridge.

Then, when I got home from work, I'd bake two big cookies, and I'd eat them so warm and melty, that I'd have to eat them from a plate using a fork.

MMMMMM.... oh yum.

Using Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips, of course.

Then, after about a month or so, I quit making the dough, and never indulged again in this "cookies-for-dinner" addiction that I had going for a while.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 19:05

I get on kicks like that too. Certain, oddball things where I crave it and eat it for a while. Then suddenly I'll just stop and not eat it again for years and years (scrambled eggs, apple juice, beef stew, cinnamon rolls, etc.).

I had scrambled eggs last night at Waffle House at 1:00am with our singer. First time I've had them in months, but I've craved them all week and I'll probably go to IHOP for breakfast tomorrow and get a giant plate of them. With apple juice.

Then I probably won't eat another egg until mid-2008. But it's all I've wanted this week!

Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-02-16, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I get on kicks like that too. Certain, oddball things where I crave it and eat it for a while. Then suddenly I'll just stop and not eat it again for years and years (scrambled eggs, apple juice, beef stew, cinnamon rolls, etc.).

I had scrambled eggs last night at Waffle House at 1:00am with our singer. First time I've had them in months, but I've craved them all week and I'll probably go to IHOP for breakfast tomorrow and get a giant plate of them. With apple juice.

Then I probably won't eat another egg until mid-2008. But it's all I've wanted this week!

haha

Yep, I know *exactly* what you mean, Paul. The kick just 'ends', and then it'll be literally years before you even 'think' of eating that again.

I went through a chocolate mousse kick once, and a spaghetti and meatball kick a few years later. These meatballs were *seriously* addictive, and I think I must attribute that to the (not-so-little) chunks of garlic that I included, at probably ten times the amount in the recipe.**

The chocolate mousse was so rich it was like 'mainlining' chocolate, butter, and sugar. Omg!

Then there were the cod fillets that I baked for dinner for like six straight months. Weird, huh?

I've also had a dalliance with homemade cinnamon rolls (when I first got my bread machine), and an 'every-so-often' thing with scrambled eggs.

Offhand, Paul, I think if you and I lived in the same town, we'd be pretty good friends. I think we're both weird in the same kinds of ways, ya know?

**Wrt meatballs - I never order meatballs at a restaurant, because they're just not any good. Not 'any' of them. Ever!

The ones *I* make, on the other hand... omigod... they are just so 'incredibly' delicious...

(Pardon me for loving my own cooking... but hey... what can I say? )
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-02-16, 20:24

Quote:
Is it "hip" to go to rehab? A new trendy thing to do? You'd think so, looking around and hearing about everyone "checking themselves in" every time you turn on the TV or launch a browser.

I don't buy half of this crap from these kind of people.
Dude, it's been hip to go to rehab ever since the Betty Fraud clinic opened its doors. Where you been man? Where've you been?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-16, 20:32

Yeah, it's been a thing for a while I guess.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-02-16 at 20:53.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2007-02-17, 05:36

what. the. fuck.

She has crossed the line from Lohan and Paris to Michael Jacksonville, USA.

A particular highlight:

Photographer/reporter: Why did you shave your hair like that Britney?

Britney: Because of You. I know your face. Who are you?

[Suicide countdown from OD: 43D:23H:21M]
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2007-02-17, 06:24

I heard she had shaved her head to match her p&%sy.
Or is that old news now?

(EDIT - There I go again, trying to steal farenheit's posts / threads - Ooops Sorry!)

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-17, 07:19

Well, well, well...things certainly took an interesting turn, didn't they?

For a person who has traded for so long on the traditional, stereotypical "sex kitten" image, this is quite a surprise.

She seems starved for attention (when Anna Nicole and her ex's Super Bowl commercial are getting more press lately than she is...).

It's attention-whoring at it's best because she obviously allowed cameras in to follow this (she could've stayed at home or had someone come over to do it, right?).

Weird little girl.

This will be read in a dozen ways, depending on who you talk to. Fans will call it a "cleansing rebirth", mental health types will call it a "desperate cry for help", fans of Natalie Portman will call it "the hottest thing EVER!" (and commence with 'round-the-clock yank-fests), the tabloids will dub it "Britney Shears Wigs Out!", etc.

And scratt might be on to something...

"Dang, look how much attention Anna Nicole got from dyin', y'all...ah'm gonna have to top that!"

Jeez.

Now let's all remember that interview she did with Matt Lauer a year or so ago (the bubblegum-chomping tearfest) where she pleaded to be "left alone" and not be reported on so much. Seems you can't have it both ways, honeybun...you go around acting silly and flashing your cooch, you're going to be photographed and talked about. When you're left alone and everyone's attention moves on to other things, you go and shave your noggin in a public, "look at me!" way.

Which is it, y'all?

Probably gonna scare the crap out of her two kids when they see her.

It's almost hard to remember just six or so years ago, that "queen of pop" era.

Then again, maybe this is all some calculated, "new look" to go with a harder "new sound" and we're just seeing the front-end of the process before our very eyes? Her next album might be produced by Joan Jett for all we know. She might ditch the pop sheen and become a grind monkey, with an all-guitar band of low-slung Gibsons.

Or not. She might just be deep in the throes of a major wig-out, in which case I hope someone reaches out to her.

But the weary cynic in me just sees "attention lunging". Just go to Google and type in Britney Spears in the news section and look at the 90-something plus "Britney Bald shocker!" stories all coming out in just the past 1-4 hours (with dozens more as the day goes on). She just guaranteed an entire weekend (and possibly more) of the press (entertainment and much of the mainstream) focused solely on her...not Anna Nicole, Paris Hilton or Beyoncé.

Pretty shrewd.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-02-17 at 07:41.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-02-17, 08:58

Quote:
Hey, don't go lousing up my otherwise brilliant thread with a bunch of unrelated, unhinged "Fox News SUX!!!" stuff. )

Common man... you know that lousing up your threads with anti-Fox verbiage is what I live for!
AWR
Veteran Member

2007-02-17, 09:33

It's the kids that really fuck this story up. Otherwise she would be a rather typical 24 year old party girl/boy - over the line for sure, but that's the m.o. these days, even among 'successful' 'young adults'.

That she's completely out of control and has a 2 year old and a 6 month old... that sucks. She needs a hard kick in her j-hole.

And how is it that we're all stuck watching Nicole Ritchie, Paris Hilton and Britney Spears do ludicrous things. They've done caused a bottle-neck at thesuperficial.com, and for that I resent them.

Last edited by AWR : 2007-02-17 at 12:26.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-17, 10:53

Totally. We're feeding right into their plans!

But seriously, the "having two young children" angle makes this sadder and weirder than it would otherwise be (without that she's just another sad, whackjob celebutard doing anything for attention). Having two little ones raises the stakes.

The circumstances in which she had them - by a completely lacking individual who is now no even longer around (big surprise there) - was strike one. Strike two could've been this recent round of hard partying/panty-forgetting moments with the likes of *accck* Paris Hilton. This rehab (then checking out a day later when the Hostess tray wasn't restocked) and joining the Sinead fan club might count for strike three...I don't know.

You know the case file on her is probably getting thicker by the month over at L.A. County Children's Services.

And yeah, Moogs...you're right. It's cool.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-02-17, 10:58

As a wise man once said,
"I live for this shit..."
- xXx aka Vin Diesel
AWR
Veteran Member

2007-02-17, 12:44

Quote:

You know the case file on her is probably getting thicker by the month over at L.A. County Children's Services.
I sure hope so. It might be the only thing that could get her attention at the moment. A good stern shot across the bow.

Birth control boys and girls, that's the answer.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-02-17, 15:20

Hot tamale.

Or not.

spikeh
BANNED

Send a message via AIM to spikeh Send a message via MSN to spikeh  
2007-02-17, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post

Hot tamale.

Or not.

WTF? Is her rehab in the middle of the Warsaw Ghetto?
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2007-02-17, 15:52

I think its sickening. These attention craving whores, she has a go at the media for messing her up, but then makes sure theres a camera crew to come into the salon with her to film it, but then when one asks why she is doing it, she says "Because of you. Who are you? I know your face." Shes fucked.

You can't be a little bit famous.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-02-17, 16:17

That's the thing. In a few weeks - whenever which media outlet scores the big "post-Kojak moment" interview with Britney (Dateline, 20/20, Oprah, etc.?), she'll sit and complain about this stuff. All while looking like the biggest "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" freak show you can imagine.

Seriously...last I checked, you can shave your head in the privacy of your own home (or if you're that rich and famous, you can call a stylist to come to where you are). And I find it hard to believe that papparazi(sp?) and people in general hang out, in those numbers, in front of tattoo/piercing places.

Especially ones up in Sherman Oaks.

I think phone calls were placed, info/tips "leaked", etc. to ensure maximum coverage.

Which makes it all the more

"Don't LOOK at me!!! I've had it up to he...uh, wait, where are you going?! Come back and look at me!"

Idiots.