User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

AppleNova Minecraft Server

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Minecraft Server
Page 22 of 49 First Previous 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26  Next Last Thread Tools
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-01-18, 22:47

dammit dammit dammit
crappy day at work
had to remove a virus from my lady's computer
and now i cant log into the server
gaaaaahhh!

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-01-19, 00:06

Weee, thanks for killing auth brad!
Epic raid launched on hostiles @ Kitty Hawk + fun times with TNT makes the day end better

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-01-19, 00:23

I lost count of how many times I came within a heart of dying out there...but it was so worth it.

Also, Brad, any chance of getting an updated map sometime?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-01-19, 00:24

Alright... so I found a gigantic cave under the sky ranch which has two! mob spawners. Since I cant fight with the lag i have at home, anyone care to assist tomorrow evening in clearing it out... I want to light the thing up like Christmas...

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-19, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
I lost count of how many times I came within a heart of dying out there...but it was so worth it.

Also, Brad, any chance of getting an updated map sometime?
I'm downloading some backups tonight, but it'll be tomorrow evening before I get to render and label them.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-01-19, 04:36

How does "automatic transit" work? Surely by some largely mechanical means, as I don't think you can create working internal combustion engines from the giant blocks of crap you guys build with. Or do you have a team of creepers hitched to a wagon?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-01-19, 13:01

Kraetos:

Just a head's up, I saw a piece of TNT on the underside of my ranch that someone placed beneath the dirt in order to hide it. I am unclear how this constitutes a joke, but to get rid of it, I had to activate it and it fell onto your mob trap. I believe it avoided any vital structures, but I am not sure. I am sorry if the damage is more severe than I think; unfortunately there was no good way of dealing with the TNT where it was placed.

To the asshat who placed it there:

You're a punk, an idiot, and if I find out who you are, I will encourage Brad to ban your ass.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-01-19, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'm downloading some backups tonight, but it'll be tomorrow evening before I get to render and label them.
Interesting. I wonder if my aimless wandering from the western skyway on Saturday night will show.

Found some real impressive spots that will be likely next to impossible to find again.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-01-19, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
How does "automatic transit" work? Surely by some largely mechanical means, as I don't think you can create working internal combustion engines from the giant blocks of crap you guys build with. Or do you have a team of creepers hitched to a wagon?
Mainly it works due to the strange physics in Minecraft. Basically when two carts touch each other, they both accellerate. You can use that to create "boosters". The tricky part, and the bit where my system is clever, is getting the motion started in the first place. I use a modified version of this design so all you have to do is sit in a cart and press a button.

And actually, there are powered minecarts. (You place a furnace and a minecart together when crafting.) But they work really slowly.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-01-19, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Kraetos:

Just a head's up, I saw a piece of TNT on the underside of my ranch that someone placed beneath the dirt in order to hide it. I am unclear how this constitutes a joke, but to get rid of it, I had to activate it and it fell onto your mob trap. I believe it avoided any vital structures, but I am not sure. I am sorry if the damage is more severe than I think; unfortunately there was no good way of dealing with the TNT where it was placed.

You're a punk, an idiot, and if I find out who you are, I will encourage Brad to ban your ass.
So was someone targeting you and stupid or targeting Kraetos? What the fuck? Griefing is fucking lame.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-19, 15:47

Hey, I'm pretty excited about my mob spawner trap. It means I don't have to work to get arrows anymore. I also have more bones than I know what to do with but hey, I'll take them over some of my other options.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-01-19, 15:58

Just watched an all-out mob war in Kraetos' mob ranch. A couple of skeletons started firing at me; one hit a spider, the other hit another skeleton. Then that skeleton returned fire and hit another spider. Within a few seconds, about ten skeletons, spiders, and zombies were fighting with each other while I laughed my ass off watching from above.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-01-19, 16:04

The problem is that you have to get one of the mobs to attack first (usually the skeleton, since it's the only one with an attack that can accidentally hit another mob). Meaning, some poor bastard is gonna have to run around in the middle of the crowd getting them to attack each other before the show can really start.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-01-19, 16:18

Like a rodeo clown

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2011-01-19, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
The problem is that you have to get one of the mobs to attack first (usually the skeleton, since it's the only one with an attack that can accidentally hit another mob). Meaning, some poor bastard is gonna have to run around in the middle of the crowd getting them to attack each other before the show can really start.
Well, this idea did come up after someone complained about griefers.

Perhaps a new spawn point for griefers instead of banning them?

I wonder if you were to put one of those automated carts/tracks through the middle, if the skeletons would track/attack when you passed by, and if so, could one be designed that you could ride from the stands on one side, right through the middle of the gauntlet to get the fight started, then up and out to safety on the other side?

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-01-19, 16:55

Quote:
Kraetos:

That's super weird.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-19, 17:01

I've had login errors all day today.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-19, 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I've had login errors all day today.
Looks like minecraft.net has been flapping. Just keep trying, I guess.

MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2011-01-19, 18:37

For the Portal fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG9SPywEGm4

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-19, 19:01

HUGE discovery with note blocks on my SSP. Looping is TOTALLY possible to keep it going indefinitely

Edit: Yes, I know this makes sense by closing off the circuit, but I'm giddy. I'm going to keep playing with it to see if I can get a perfect loop going for a simple video game song, then go from there on building the Zelda 2 palace theme.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-19, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCQ View Post
The ending was perfect.

My gut reaction whenever I finish watching something like these kinds of videos: I really don't get how people have the time and patience to plan and build these elaborate computers and music circuits in Minecraft. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or saddened by it all.

In the end, though, as long as people are enjoying what they're doing, I applaud them for completing such incredible projects. I guess we all sometimes get wrapped up in our own little worlds like that too.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-01-19, 19:07

Quote:
Kraetos:

WTF

As long as it didn't land on the glass or the structure it's not a big deal.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-19, 19:13

Yeah, griefing is obviously a bannable offense. That one shouldn't ever need to be stated. If you're goofing around with a bunch people in good humor and you tear shit up away from civilization, that's fine, but if you mess with someone's project when they're not looking, that's not.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-19, 19:42

Quote:
Yeah, griefing is obviously a bannable offense. That one shouldn't ever need to be stated. If you're goofing around with a bunch people in good humor and you tear shit up away from civilization, that's fine, but if you mess with someone's project when they're not looking, that's not.
I turned on "x-ray mode" and found a couple of TNT blocks in the Kitty Hawk area that are nowhere near where I made the little TNT tree last night. I also found one near Maciej's fortress. I'll try to find them and carefully detonate them shortly.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-01-19, 20:08

That's just too weird, though: Why would anyone put some TNT near Kitty Hawk? - It doesn't make sense. Could it be a bug in the game that reads a block as the worng type of block?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-19, 20:11

Quote:
I turned on "x-ray mode" and found a couple of TNT blocks in the Kitty Hawk area that are nowhere near where I made the little TNT tree last night. I also found one near Maciej's fortress. I'll try to find them and carefully detonate them shortly.
The one near Maciej's *may* have been mine, depending on what side it is. I was detonating in the desert, had a ton of lag while placing a block, and during the lag managed to switch to sand and may have covered something up. If it was me, it would be closer to Parapa, under where I've been working.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-19, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
That's just too weird, though: Why would anyone put some TNT near Kitty Hawk? - It doesn't make sense. Could it be a bug in the game that reads a block as the worng type of block?
This one turned out to be on that strip of wood bb'sky left way up in the sky. Detonated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
The one near Maciej's *may* have been mine, depending on what side it is. I was detonating in the desert, had a ton of lag while placing a block, and during the lag managed to switch to sand and may have covered something up. If it was me, it would be closer to Parapa, under where I've been working.
Doesn't look like it. This one was near a mine; so, I suspect it was left behind from some of his early blasting operations. Also detonated.

Only one other odd one I found was in Bridgeport not really close to any buildings or caves but buried a step underground between Castle Bryson and the Apple Store. Also detonated, and landscaping restored. That one just doesn't make any sense.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-01-19, 20:58

Yes, I may have forgotten one along the way a couple weeks ago.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-01-20, 03:13

Whose is the giant complex in the top left corner? It's huge. (And bloody miles from the Spawn. Good luck if you fall in some lava....)

Also, who owns the skyscraper over to the right of Bridgeport?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-01-20, 03:18

Far away is Arteggio; skyscraper to the right looks like the infinite mob tower...