Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Hooters Girl Training Manual

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Hooters Girl Training Manual
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-05, 01:39

Can't say how or where this came across my plate, but I have been looking through a copy of the Hooters Girl Training Manual. Every girl that has seen it is simultaneously mesmerized and sickened by it. They are compelled to read through it....and boyo is it like something out of the 1950's.

Unbelievable.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-09-05, 01:41

Scan it in and post it
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-09-05, 01:58

yeah, what are you doing, just trying to tease?

(i think that's on pages 10-17)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-09-05, 02:06

I'm busy with a convention right now....if I have access to that thing again in the next week or so I may tell them to scan/post it. In the meantime they might share some of the tidbits with me. I'll keep you all abreast of the situation.

Captain Drew on Twitter
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-09-05, 02:11

Shit, where in Atlanta do you live? I'll drop by and scan it for you :P
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-09-05, 07:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
...[snip]... I'll keep you all abreast of the situation.
then ... that was *really* a very average pun!
Matsu
Veteran Member

2004-09-05, 08:35

It's about the owls, I don't see the fuss.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-09-05, 08:51

Hooters is so incredibly lame. It's so redneck. I've gone there a few times, years ago in Nashville, and more recently here, to meet a buddy (he insists it's the "coolest place" ever).

Not being a fan of pantyhose to begin with, I'm not impressed. And wearing pantyhose with shorts is such a 1970's Loni Anderson/Catherine Bach thing to do.

All that's there are "dudes"...either 20-something redneck guys acting like assholes, or nimrods smack-dab in the middle of a mid-life crisis hoping one of these skanks might utter more than two sentences to them because that's cheaper than a sports car or hair replacement therapy.

And the women there...I'm sorry, but the promos, billboards, commercials, etc. are so misleading. I've been to about six different Hooters in several geographic regions (not just the South) and that line from "Goodfellas" where Karen is describing the wives of Henry's mobster friends just comes to mind. They look "beat up", with bad skin.

It's just totally the look I don't dig on women: fake baked (almost orange) tans, long "sexy" hair requiring lots of effort, breasts all artificially bunched and pushed up, stupid shorts/shirt, pantyhose, about two inches of make-up. They never look happy either. Can you blame them, putting up with the lame, cheeseball crap they probably endure day in and day out?

Maybe some locations are different, but it's been the same at the ones I've been to. Just low-rent feeling.

I'm no "post modern feminist" weinee handwringer either (offended by or lamenting the whole "scantily clad woman" thing) - and appreciate skin and sexuality and all that as much as the next guy, but not when it's desperate, forced and caked-on...and in such a stupid, redneck atmosphere.

Just sad. I hate Hooters (is it obvious? )
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-05, 10:09

What he ^^ said. Hooters has good wings, but that's about all I can say for them. Although apparently there is the occasional franchise that is more discriminating about the look of the women they hire; I have yet to discover it though. Probably the ones in upscale suburban areas? Anyone's guess.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-09-05, 12:37

I like Buffalo Wild Wings better.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-09-05, 13:14

Ah the irony... sales technique based on breasts... yet their best known food is wings
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-05, 13:49

Yah you'd think the Onion Blossoms would be to die for...
Matsu
Veteran Member

2004-09-05, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Yah you'd think the Onion Blossoms would be to die for...

Hooters, I've never been. I get the impression it's sorta like a G rated Porky's for the family.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-09-05, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousuburb
Ah the irony... sales technique based on breasts... yet their best known food is wings
It's all about the wings... really...
pay no attention to those mammaries behind the curtain
applenut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-09-05, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax
I like Buffalo Wild Wings better.
Buffalo Wild Wings is some crazy shit

I had it for the first time in Vegas. I got the simmering. I thought I was going to FUCKING DIE. I have a high spicy/hot tolerance but these were insane. It can't be healthty. I almost passed out
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-09-05, 14:48

Yeah, I don't go past Hot. I particularly enjoy the Sweet BBQ. Those are my favorite. We have tuesday 25cent wings, so we go on Tuesdays. Its a good deal!

User formally known as Sh0eWax
applenut
BANNED

2004-09-05, 14:50

Quote:
Yeah, I don't go past Hot. I particularly enjoy the Sweet BBQ. Those are my favorite. We have tuesday 25cent wings, so we go on Tuesdays. Its a good deal!
25 cents...puh...

my 10cent wing nights every tuesday in ny were awesome. although they put on quite a bit of weight for me over the summer. but that's probably because i ate 120 one night and over 60 every other week.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-09-05, 14:53

Mi Dios!!! 120 wings is a lot, I wish we had 10 cent wings! god damn, that is a hell of a deal.
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-09-05, 15:08

i just read the articles!
applenut
BANNED

2004-09-05, 15:08

Quote:
Mi Dios!!! 120 wings is a lot, I wish we had 10 cent wings! god damn, that is a hell of a deal.
yup. was pretty cool. Yankees in HDTV, 10cent wings and 2 dollar pints. every tuesday night

and the wings were surprisingly good
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-09-05, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenut
yup. was pretty cool. Yankees in HDTV, 10cent wings and 2 dollar pints. every tuesday night

and the wings were surprisingly good
Musta been for you to down 120 of them, haha. That's impressive. I gotta see if the BWW by me has a deal like that.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-09-05, 19:19

BWW's has some great wings. I used to order 24 of the blazing wings at a time. For some reason, they varied from night to night. Sometimes i could eat 'em no problem. Other nights I'd have tears running down my face.

It's a kick ass order if you want to make people eat them on a dare too. Most people cough if they smell the blazing wings, and start to tear up if they even touch their lip, let alone eat them.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-06, 11:24

I never got the fascination with ultra-hot foods. Gets to a point where it's just masochism, plain and simple.

Why not just pour some concentrated acid in your mouth? Basically, that's all you're doing. I remember one time the Chinese place we order from left one of their dried red chili-peppers in the container (they're supposed to take them out - for cooking only). I bit into it by mistake; what resulted wasn't a "hot" or burning sensation... it was accute pain. It was like I got stung on the toungue and gums and cheeks by a jellyfish. I tried beer, I tried milk, I tried Ice cream, bread... nothing worked. Took like 20 minutes before I could even feel my mouth again.

Anyone who gets off on that type of thing is almost certainly ripping apart their stomach lining and esophogal linings too. Whether you can "take it" is one thing, but that has no bearing on whether your digestive linings can take it.

Think before you order. I'm all for some spicy burritos or hot chicken dish or whatever. But pouring acid all over your food / down your gullet is kind of machoism gone haywire IMO.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-09-06, 11:45

I've never been to the Hooters. I have no objection to a nice set of breasts, and have contributed a few pics online here, but Hooters - from what I've heard, mind you - just seems like a parody of sexy, rather than being sexy itself.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-09-06, 11:49

Yikes, sometimes hooters can go over the top...
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-10-16, 21:47

so... uh... what happened with this?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-10-16, 23:17

crap, I forgot....okay, as forwarded by my friend:

Okay.

Turn to page 6 (Section 2)

The Hooters Girl Image ("Camera-Ready")

We can put the Hooters Girl Uniform on you-but how you act and carry yourself is just as important as the uniform itself.

Upholding the Hooters Girl Image is no easy task. Constant Smiling, Unfaltering great attitude, and perfect Uniform:

-Hair
-Make-Up
-Smile
-Socks
-Shoes
-Orange Shorts
-Panty Hose
-Bras
-Pouch
-Tank Top
-Name Tag

Whew That's a lot - and Hooters Girls make it look easy!
-Maintaining these standards is called being "Camera-Ready."

Okay, that's all I have for tonight. There are 61 pages in this book, if I have more time I can send you another one!

Okay, that's what I got this time...how's that Paul? Name a section or a page and I'll get them to send me something!

Captain Drew on Twitter
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-10-16, 23:43

Please just go spend a half an hour at Kinko's or let me borrow the thing so we can scan it in already
BarracksSi
BANNED

2004-10-17, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
Please just go spend a half an hour at Kinko's or let me borrow the thing so we can scan it in already
Don't you get it?

It's all about the tease....

(which is why I got sick of Hooter's during my first visit, and never chose it on my own... teasing just wastes my time)